Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Just bought a pair of tickets for The Who. Kinda one of those ‘I haven’t seen them and I ought to before Daltry and Townsend are dead’ things. Means I have to go to Derby. This could be a world of shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/05/2023 at 21:23, SK3Blue said:

Billy Bragg at Rock City in December.

Johnny Marr at Roadmender

Was heading to Reykjavik to see Bjork but she's cancelled. 

Saw Billy Bragg supporting Paul Heaton and Johnny Marr supporting Blondie very impressed by both. 

• Like 2

On 11/05/2023 at 22:53, Daggers said:

Just bought a pair of tickets for The Who. Kinda one of those ‘I haven’t seen them and I ought to before Daltry and Townsend are dead’ things. Means I have to go to Derby. This could be a world of shit.

I remember seeing footage from the who in the 90's and wasnt impressed, but i ended up seeing them a few years ago and they were amazing.  I was astonished on how good Daltrys voice was, townsend was brilliant too.....sounded much better than the 90's footage I saw.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I remember seeing footage from the who in the 90's and wasnt impressed, but i ended up seeing them a few years ago and they were amazing.  I was astonished on how good Daltrys voice was, townsend was brilliant too.....sounded much better than the 90's footage I saw.

Not a fan by any stretch, it’s just one of those tick box things. The wife’ll enjoy it mind. 

• Like 1

Slightly unusual gig last night.  Went to see Show of Hands, Kirsty Merryn and Michael Wood (historian). It was about the tradition of English and British protest songs, starting with the peasants revolt through to Peterloo, Suffragette movement etc through to today.  

Very well put together between the music and the talk, atmospheric and surprisingly uplifting.  Merryn has the voice of an angel.  Some interesting comparatives with current issues surrounding freedom to protest as well.  

Great gig.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Costello said:

Saw Jake Bugg the other week at the Cheltenham Jazz Festival - forgot how good he was/is. 

His first album was just so good, anything that followed just seemed to be a little flat in comparison.

17 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Just back after seeing alvvays at the bearded theory .:wub:

Although not sure they'll see playing in front of a few hundred people in swad as a career highlight.

going to see them in Paris in a few days can't wait! Molly :wub:

• Like 1