Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

16 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

I believe it was. I got some for Manchester and then they added a second date on the Saturday! Grrrrr

I had a feeling they would add a second. I'm waiting for the hotel packages to open. Did that for RHCP last year, watching from your own private balcony and not having to slum it with the oiks is an experience that can't be matched.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Libertine said:

I had a feeling they would add a second. I'm waiting for the hotel packages to open. Did that for RHCP last year, watching from your own private balcony and not having to slum it with the oiks is an experience that can't be matched.

Private balcony where was this?

After wrestling unsuccessfully with the Ticketmaster website for Foo Fighters tickets at Villa Park this morning, 300th in the queue when they went on sale only to find no standing tickets available. Must have been one massive pre sale. :whistle:

I eventually went to the London Stadium website and got two GA Standing tickets with no hassle at all. 

On 02/07/2023 at 21:04, goody2028 said:

Never actually been to Wembley with someone driving. One of my mates is driving us for the blur gig next week. Any tips on where’s best to park? 

Stanmore (You could pay to park at the station, but there's free off road parking) ten minute walk to the station, then a few stops on the Jubilee line to Wembley.

It's the most northern stop on that line, less than 10 minutes off junction 4 of the M1.

Feel free to PM me and I'll even give you a street name to park on.

We always do it when we go in to London. Left the car there for days before and never had a problem.

Went to see James Orchestral last night at DMH, superb.

Tim Booth is such a great front man , more bands should try experimental stuff like this

Edited by rico

22 hours ago, rico said:

Went to see James Orchestral last night at DMH, superb.

Tim Booth is such a great front man , more bands should try experimental stuff like this

Totally agree. They were very good & his stage presence is excellent……he’s 63 too !

I'm seeing them in Halifax on Saturday, without the orchestra & choir. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'll tell you what gig I'm NOT going to: The Darkness at Rock City in December.

Sold out pretty much immediately.

I'm not used to the bands I like being popular, it's confusing

I really wanted to go to the PTL20 tour but none of the dates really appealed. Hopefully I’ll catch them another time.

14 minutes ago, Libertine said:

I really wanted to go to the PTL20 tour but none of the dates really appealed. Hopefully I’ll catch them another time.

They're overdue a visit to Leicester but I'm wondering if they've gone off us a bit because I get the impression that ticket sales are always stronger in Nottingham.

It's more of a "rock" city (absolutely no pun intended) and always has been so maybe no surprise there

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

They're overdue a visit to Leicester but I'm wondering if they've gone off us a bit because I get the impression that ticket sales are always stronger in Nottingham.

It's more of a "rock" city (absolutely no pun intended) and always has been so maybe no surprise there

Yeah this is the case. Music does better in Nottingham and comedy does better in Leicester.