Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Just now, tom27111 said:

Worth it alone just for the 12 minute version of Temption.

Saw them a couple of years ago at Heaton Park and loved it!

Seen them many times. Dublin just before covid was amazing. O2 two years ago was awful due to venue. Ally Pally also hreat few years back. Would have done a UK one bit they were all midweek which spoils it for me 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Seen them many times. Dublin just before covid was amazing. O2 two years ago was awful due to venue. Ally Pally also hreat few years back. Would have done a UK one bit they were all midweek which spoils it for me 

It was the craziest weekend when I saw them.

Just after Covid when gigs were allowed again.

Had tickets for Biffy Clyro in Glasgow and New Order in Manchester.

They'd both been postponed, then they were rearranged for consecutive nights!

Up to Glasgow, watch Biffy, stay the night, drive to Manchester, watch New Order, stay the night, drive home.

I had a week long hangover but it was well worth it!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Andy11111 said:

Just over £100 with the fees for a standing ticket, a bit steep, for that you would expect Eminem to be headlining with the others supporting.

Yeah, but never seen any of them and probably never will if I don't go to this one. 

It is steep, but only twice as much as a ticket for football and usually come away from that disappointed...

1 hour ago, Wakeyfox said:

Yeah, but never seen any of them and probably never will if I don't go to this one. 

It is steep, but only twice as much as a ticket for football and usually come away from that disappointed...

To be honest rap concerts aren't a patch on rock gigs, although i do like ice cube and he never comes to the UK so I am seriously considering it, saw Eminem a couple of times in the early 2000's, never that impressed (cypress hill supporting was a lot better) I'd highly recommend seeing limp bizkit who are touring soon, always a good gig.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ozleicester said:

didnt go... but wow, that is total royalty... were they good?

Superb.

It was just classic after classic. The stage show was brilliant aswell. It was celebrating 50 years of hiphop. Genuinely one of the best shows I've ever been to.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Andy11111 said:

To be honest rap concerts aren't a patch on rock gigs, although i do like ice cube and he never comes to the UK so I am seriously considering it, saw Eminem a couple of times in the early 2000's, never that impressed (cypress hill supporting was a lot better) I'd highly recommend seeing limp bizkit who are touring soon, always a good gig.

I’m quite surprised that Eminem who makes terrible music, wouldn’t be very good live. Who knew 

On 19/06/2023 at 12:04, BrummieFOX said:

Saw Arctic Monkeys in Sheff  and then Bruce Springsteen on Friday at Villa Park.

Both great gigs but The Boss was next level. Incredible show. Was anyone else there?

Did Bruce then Depeche Mode at Twickenham the following night. Springsteen was superb and Depeche Mode were pretty good. I dragged a mate along to Springsteen, I went with him to DM (only know their major hits so about 1/2 their set list was a little lost on me) 

Fantastic weekend but with the hot weather I was beginning to feel I’m getting too old to be standing at back to back gigs 

On 22/06/2023 at 11:45, BenTheFox said:

I'm seeing Kurt Vile in Nottingham tonight. 

I swear I saw him supporting the war on drugs years ago at rock city 

Scratch that he played for war on drugs, it was Amen Dunes

Edited by Lako42

Just now, Staff said:

Just on the Dart heading back into Dublin after watching Sam Fender at Malahide Castle. Absolute class

I didn't think he had much about him on stage.

I love his music and maybe he was having a bad day, but just felt disconnected. 

Maybe he's grown in to it.

1 minute ago, Staff said:

When did you go see him mate?

Last year I think, Wembley Arena. 

And the thing was, I wanted him to be so good!

Couldn't fault the vocals and the set list, like I say, just felt disconnected from the audience.

I left a bit disappointed 

I'll also add that I like him that much, me and the Mrs were up in his neck of the woods last year, before that gig and we went to the pub he used to work in, where he's turned his Brit award trophies into beer pump handles lol

Got a selfie of me somewhere!

6 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I'll also add that I like him that much, me and the Mrs were up in his neck of the woods last year, before that gig and we went to the pub he used to work in, where he's turned his Brit award trophies into beer pump handles lol

Got a selfie of me somewhere!

Haha amazing!

He was sensational last night, got everyone singing and dancing around in the rain. He sang dancing in the dark and it was incredible, the whole crowd sang it. 3rd time I have seen him and this was the best yet 

• Like 1