Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Huuuuuume

Huuuuuuume...

Why don't we just put a bid in for a headless chicken?

Because a headless chicken would be hard to make a monotonous noise for every time it took 3 steps towards the ball.

Re: Iain Hume. Please, for the love of God, no.

It's like all that toss about "bring back Joey!"

Being the best of a bad bunch doesn't make you a great player. We clearly need to drop any dellusions of going up and signing the best players - but I certainly think we should be aiming to do better than Iain Hume, really.

Looks like I'm on my own then when I say I'd probably take a stab at him again then. He's not perfect, but there's no doubt in my mind he possesses the quality required in the Championship. OK, sure he was involved in our relegated team, but that squad was absolutely terrible, and things have drastically changed since then.

Headless chicken he may have been at times, but he's still a good player. I'm just not sure whether or not he'd be ready to play again anytime soon after what's just happened to him.

Oh no you're not Joe.

I'd not been as gutted about a player leaving us since Muzzy when Hume left. He always tries hard, is versatile, and will do a job for you. Will always get at least 10 goals for you as well.

It's highly unlikely he'll be back here anyway, but I'd be pleased to see him back.

To be fair...I would like to see him back :)

Loved him when he was here and still think he is a cracking player

BUT

Fryatt and Howard have been fantastic this season and think it would be very hard for him to get back into the team

No I wouldnt want him back, what I find amusing is that he was a 'fans idol' when he was here, which at the time we have always been shit.

He was our best player for about 2 seasons, and massively superior to our other forwards including Mr Fryatt.

And he was a fans favourite because he worked his tits off. Why Fryatt was/is a fan favourite I will never know. His work rate is non existent compared to Hume and his all-round game is not as good as Hume's.

Why did he even leave in the first place? No point at all.

Yes, McAuley and Stearmen left but they were to Ipswich and Wolves who are promotion/play-off candidates.

Barnsley??? They are a team that struggle each year so why was the point in leaving?

:frusty:

I'd take Fryatt, with confidence, he's far better in and around the box than Hume.

I agree.

I and many others have given Fryatt plenty of stick over the past few years, however, I did recognise that he was plagued by injuries and a lack of confidence. We could all see when he first arrived that he was a useful player in the Championship and scored us goals to keep us up. With a full pre-season behind him and a relatively free injury season thus far (albeit at a lower level) he's shown his ability in and around the box, not just on a finishing level, but the way he controls the ball and shifts the ball out of his feet in order to get attempts on goal - just look at his goal at MK Dons.

I liked Hume and he made a good contribution in a poor team. However, I don't think he has the same footballing brain as Fryatt. Hume spent a lot of his time outside the area; whether that's down to instructions or his own doing, I don't know, but for me, Fryatt displays a level of composure and goal scoring instinct that Hume doesn't have. I do believe that Fryatt has the ability to score goals regularly in the Championship.

As for Hume, I wonder what effect his injury will have going for aerial challenges? He was fairly useful in the air with the leap he's got.

I liked Hume and he made a good contribution in a poor team. However, I don't think he has the same footballing brain as Fryatt. Hume spent a lot of his time outside the area; whether that's down to instructions or his own doing, I don't know, but for me, Fryatt displays a level of composure and goal scoring instinct that Hume doesn't have. I do believe that Fryatt has the ability to score goals regularly in the Championship.

Spot on, Scow.

I loved Hume, he was my favourite player but he wasn't a great goalscorer or a great play-maker. We could find better attacking midfielders and better goalscorers in my opinion.

You can knock on all you want about being realistic. But Keogh, Ebanks Blake, Eastwood and Sharp all went for less than we paid for DJ. Earnshaw went for about that, too.

Would you take Hume over any of them? Maybe Eastwood but that's about it.

So Hume worked hard, so what, how much did he achieve? Fryatt is twice the player Hume is and I thought the same last season too.

Barnsley is about Hume's level ,lower to mid table championship team. If we want to be more than that then we need better than him.

Archived