Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What are you listening to?

On 10/05/2019 at 17:54, Guest said:

:wave: Given the new album a few listens already today and really enjoying it, very relaxed and low-key. 

See I'm really underwhelmed by it. I think it's his worst album since his first one. It's not the direction, because This Old Dog had a very strong folk influence and in my opinion was a much better record. I like Nobody, Heart to Heart, All of Our Yesterdays and On the Square but I feel like most of the songs are pretty weak. 

4 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

See I'm really underwhelmed by it. I think it's his worst album since his first one. It's not the direction, because This Old Dog had a very strong folk influence and in my opinion was a much better record. I like Nobody, Heart to Heart, All of Our Yesterdays and On the Square but I feel like most of the songs are pretty weak. 

In truth after repeated listens I'd probably rank it exactly the same as you, but I've still got time for it and it's got a certain charm of its own. It'll be interesting to see what he does next as these last two really sound like him retreating inwards and from the interviews he did around this release it sounds as if he's had enough of the "slacker/goofball" image.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Guest said:

In truth after repeated listens I'd probably rank it exactly the same as you, but I've still got time for it and it's got a certain charm of its own. It'll be interesting to see what he does next as these last two really sound like him retreating inwards and from the interviews he did around this release it sounds as if he's had enough of the "slacker/goofball" image.

K is also a very nice song. I fully understand why he'd want to lose that image. To be honest the album would be so much better just by not having songs like Here comes the cowboy, Choo choo and hey cowgirl on it. 

I went to Liverpool at the weekend and when I popped into the Cavern a guy was on stage doing an acoustic set. He did a superb job of I Am The Walrus but nothing will ever beat John Lennon singing it of course....

• Like 1