Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

EDGAR Nope!

Like many others, I saw the name Edgar Davids being linked to the club and all rationality went out the window. There was always a concern over his fitness after 18 months of not playing football, and at the of 36, it surely would have been a beast of a challenge to get match fit.

If we're being honest, it's not an area we needed to strengthen in particular; in the grand scheme of things, it's not really a set back.

Contrary to Mandaric's claims, the whole thing screamed publicity stunt. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Davids now.

I think we can all echo this little claim. It was fun while it lasted, but we never really needed him in the first place. He would simply have been an exciting, expensive novelty. Can't say I'm totally gutted about it, and as Scow says, it'll be interesting to see whether he does end up in England in the near future.

From spanky on TB (lives in Holland)....

"Some of the news guys here in Holland are claiming that the deal is not off, the deal is delayed till January because of Fitness issues, they want to make sure he is fully fit and could be offered a deal till the end of season if he can prove his fitness, his agent is said to be interviewed for Sport1.nl tomorrow before the Manure vs swine flu united game???"

:whistle:

"Some of the news guys here in Holland are claiming that the deal is not off, the deal is delayed till January because of Fitness issues, they want to make sure he is fully fit and could be offered a deal till the end of season if he can prove his fitness, his agent is said to be interviewed for Sport1.nl tomorrow before the Manure vs swine flu united game???"

My mate just come back from Amsterdam, and was speaking to one of the ladies in the shop windows, and she reckoned Edgar Davids fitness levels were fine............. :whistle:

My mate just come back from Amsterdam, and was speaking to one of the ladies in the shop windows, and she reckoned Edgar Davids fitness levels were fine............. :whistle:

yes but there was a question mark over his eyesight ,, it was a bloke in drag :)

Oh christ...

Oh christ...

Delighted hes not coming tbh, we've got a settled squad and we are doing well we don't need Davids who, fair enough is a legend and a quality player but he's 36 he wasn't going to set the world alight at Walkers and I rather have Andy King or Nicky Adams in the squad!

Delighted hes not coming tbh, we've got a settled squad and we are doing well we don't need Davids who, fair enough is a legend and a quality player but he's 36 he wasn't going to set the world alight at Walkers and I rather have Andy King or Nicky Adams in the squad!

If he was fit, it could have been a fantastic thing for this club.

However, it's not the end of the world and I'd much sooner get 3 points tonight :thumbup:

He's still coming then :celebrate:

Some of the news guys here in Holland are claiming that the deal is not off, the deal is delayed till January because of Fitness issues, they want to make sure he is fully fit and could be offered a deal till the end of season if he can prove his fitness

There's only one thing for it then...someone's going to have re-open the Edgar FOOKING Davids thread again!

Manderic/Pearson provided us with a giant cock up by making this so called deal public. What a couple of plonkers!

The news isn't that big. We hardly look like twats. So he didn't come, does anyone HONESTLY care?

After the ramblings of Edgar FOOKING Davids, it calmed down and most realised it would have been pointless for the sort of money he would of got etc.

Im not bothered, the longer it went on, the more unlikely it was. Genius I know.

Archived