Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Over Rated Songs.

Nirvana are good I just don't like that song. It has a cult status it doesn't deserve. The lyrics are nonsense and I'm pretty sure Kurt himself hated it.

I agree its not their best but I still quite like it. Come as you are and Drain you are a couple of my faves, and All apologies

Oasis - Wonderwall

Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street

Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven (And I love Zeppelin)

Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer/You Give Love A Bad Name

Journey - Don't Stop Believin'

Guns N Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine

Radiohead - Creep

Robbie Williams - Angels

Celne Dion - My Heart Will Go On

Finally that ****ing song that is being played everywhere at the moment by Katy Perry called Roar. It's all that is played at work on the radio.Literally maybe 8 or 9 times a day it's on. I hate it so much I want to deafen myself just so I never have to hear it again. 

Oasis - Wonderwall

Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street

Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven (And I love Zeppelin)

Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer/You Give Love A Bad Name

Journey - Don't Stop Believin'

Guns N Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine

Radiohead - Creep

Robbie Williams - Angels

Celne Dion - My Heart Will Go On

Finally that ****ing song that is being played everywhere at the moment by Katy Perry called Roar. It's all that is played at work on the radio.Literally maybe 8 or 9 times a day it's on. I hate it so much I want to deafen myself just so I never have to hear it again. 

That is a list I almost completely agree with - I also love Led Zep, and god knows how that became their anthem when they have several dozens of songs that are actually brilliant.

All Bon Jovi songs can f**k off. I don't want to even hear Bon Jovi in an ironic sense, and Livin' on a Prayer just smacks of "a bad night out"

If I'm ever at a funeral and I hear "Angels", I'm going to stand up and shout "objection"

Blurred Lines drives me mental. Worst offender has to be Bruno Mars these days, terrible engineered pop trying it's hardest to masquerade as real music by shovelling in acoustic guitar parts - I can't even nominate one song of his, they're all terrible

I love Fairytale of New York though, I'm a sucker for the proper Christmassy ones (when t'is the season)

To bad the opinion is utter rubbish.

Just like you said to me, when I critised Chris 'Buffon' Weale.

Or something along those lines.

If someone has an opinion then it's fine, I don't cast the opinions off.

But, when I had an opinion about Chris Weale the other week, I got critised all week. People kept on saying I don't know what I am on about and all that, so why can't I give it back?

Because watching Weale, you can clearly see what you were saying sin't really true. Whereas it's a lot less clear in music.

Was right about Weale, always knew I was.

Can't believe I used to hammer him all the time though.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna put this out there - Metal in general. Oh, and Dubstep, what is that?

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - hate his voice.

Oasis - again, hate his voice.

Nicki Minaj - no explanation needed.

As for ONE particular song that hasn't been mentioned yet, Park Life.

I'm gonna put this out there - Metal in general. Oh, and Dubstep, what is that?

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - hate his voice.

Oasis - again, hate his voice.

Nicki Minaj - no explanation needed.

As for ONE particular song that hasn't been mentioned yet, Park Life.

:o

I'm gonna put this out there - Metal in general

How can an entire genre be over-rated, particularly when it's not that widely highly rated as it is.

You've just listed things you don't like, not things that are over-rated. For instance: Pink Floyd are a good band, but Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 3 is ridiculously overplayed: it's an average song that people rate far higher than deserved.

Now then: 

Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell has got to be right up there.

How can an entire genre be over-rated, particularly when it's not that widely highly rated as it is.

You've just listed things you don't like, not things that are over-rated. For instance: Pink Floyd are a good band, but Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 3 is ridiculously overplayed: it's an average song that people rate far higher than deserved.

Now then:

Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell has got to be right up there.

Not that widely highly rated? Excuse me? It's probably just me, maybe. It's not the same form of energy I seek in music, I respect that. But for the amount of reception, a genre all about excessive use of electric guitars, aggression and provocative vocals receives, it's really not that worth it.

I probably wouldn't hate it that much if it didn't gain that much publicity to the point the metal heads would terrorise you with their passion for that genre as well. Tell me, what do you find so fascinating about metal?

Not that widely highly rated? Excuse me? It's probably just me, maybe. It's not the same form of energy I seek in music, I respect that. But for the amount of reception, a genre all about excessive use of electric guitars, aggression and provocative vocals receives, it's really not that worth it.

I probably wouldn't hate it that much if it didn't gain that much publicity to the point the metal heads would terrorise you with their passion for that genre as well. Tell me, what do you find so fascinating about metal?

Well it isn't really - far more people seem to find it difficult to stomach than enjoy it. And there's no such thing as too much electric guitar.

Depends which sub-genre we're speaking about, but, symphonic & prog aside, it's the energy and passion in it. Technically it's very good too - take a listen to Dillinger Escape Plan: breath-takingly good on their instruments.

All metal features excessive use of electric guitars?! lol

You need to sit in a dark room with Pretty Hate Machine, mate.

This bloody Katy Perry song that keeps getting played over and over again on the radio. Unconditionally it's called. Worst song I've ever heard, she is genuinely robbing a living, not only is her recent music atrocious but after seeing her live on the X-Factor it seems like a machine does her job for her too.

This bloody Katy Perry song that keeps getting played over and over again on the radio. Unconditionally it's called. Worst song I've ever heard, she is genuinely robbing a living, not only is her recent music atrocious but after seeing her live on the X-Factor it seems like a machine does her job for her too.

You obviously haven't heard her vocals, in her song with John Mayer then.

Archived