Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zingari

Coronation Street

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Thats a shocker if thats the end of the greatest bad guy since Dirty Den!

Phelan deserved better than that, and even worse it was the at the hands of wet drip Eileen.

They've obviously left it open ended purposefully so they'll be able to bring him back sometime in the future with a load of publicity.

7 minutes ago, Walkers said:

A good 15/20% of murders in this country have to be on soaps surely

Yeah. And if soaps are meant to be real, how come no one ever needs a shit?

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yeah. And if soaps are meant to be real, how come no one ever needs a shit?

And everyone seems to work within a 30 second walk of their front door.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

And everyone seems to work within a 30 second walk of their front door.

Exactly.

And why can't we have a silent half hour episode of corrie where everyone's head is buried in their phones or tablets....just like in real life

• Like 1

It always cracks me up when someone walks into a pub in Soapland and says, "Pint please.". Pint of what? Milk? 10w-40 motor oil? Help the bartender out pal, he/she's not a mindreader.

Another one, and this is particularly specific to EastEnders, is when a market stall holder has an emergency to attend to and turns to the random person standing nearest to them, tosses them their money pouch, and says, "Look after the stall for a bit.". 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

someone walks into a pub in Soapland and says, "Pint please.". Pint of what? Milk? 10w-40 motor oil? Help the bartender out pal, he/she's not a mind reader.

a) The punch line was crap

b) Why be a mind reader just read the fvcking script.

And the main point

c) It's not real.

lollol 

10 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It always cracks me up when someone walks into a pub in Soapland and says, "Pint please.". Pint of what? Milk? 10w-40 motor oil? Help the bartender out pal, he/she's not a mindreader.

Another one, and this is particularly specific to EastEnders, is when a market stall holder has an emergency to attend to and turns to the random person standing nearest to them, tosses them their money pouch, and says, "Look after the stall for a bit.". 

I reckon it could be advertising guidelines- if a character says that s/he wanted a pint of Stella or whatever then it could be seen as advertising.

With that said,  I cannot see why not s/he could have said a pint of lager or whatever.    

Edited by The Blur

43 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I reckon it could be advertising guidelines- if a character says that s/he wanted a pint of Stella or whatever then it could be seen as advertising.

With that said,  I cannot see why not s/he could have said a pint of lager or whatever.    

They could just call it Stella Fartois & avoid any lawsuits

Like Corrie's very own search engine Voggle

Image result for coronation street voggle

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Thats a shocker if thats the end of the greatest bad guy since Dirty Den!

Phelan deserved better than that, and even worse it was the at the hands of wet drip Eileen.

If Phelan survives that, it's even more ridiculous than the vicar falling off a cliff and becoming a drug addict. lol

1 hour ago, The Blur said:

They're allowed product placement now on Corrie. Have you noticed lots of characters now walking around with Costa coffee cups? They're also about to get a Co-op. Dev won't be happy about that. I'm sure it won't be long before a lager brand gets in on the action.

Toyah: What'll it be Tyrone?

Tyrone: I'll have a pint of Carlsberg.................probably.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

They're allowed product placement now on Corrie. Have you noticed lots of characters now walking around with Costa coffee cups? They're also about to get a Co-op. Dev won't be happy about that. I'm sure it won't be long before a lager brand gets in on the action.

Toyah: What'll it be Tyrone?

Tyrone: I'll have a pint of Carlsberg.................probably.

It was a shot in dark.  I have not watched Corrie properly for ages now.  

I predict a storyline where the iconic cobbled street is relaid with a bog standard asphalt road soon.   Imagine the uproar for that one lol