Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

A couple of bits of wallpaper in my house have started peeling in the hot weather. Nothing major, but it looks a bit shit. It's just lining paper that I've painted over.

Do i just slap a bit of paste behind it and stick it back down, or is there a better way to go about it?

17 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

A couple of bits of wallpaper in my house have started peeling in the hot weather. Nothing major, but it looks a bit shit. It's just lining paper that I've painted over.

Do i just slap a bit of paste behind it and stick it back down, or is there a better way to go about it?

Paste is the best thing. Paste the paper and the wall, let it soak for 5 minutes and then brush back back, pushing all the air bubbles out.

• Like 1

Just a quick question about Amazon Prime. I was chatting on a terry Pratchett page on FB and the adaption of his  book Good Omens (with Guiman) and for a start it  is just on Amazon. Found out it is £7.99 a month and you are supposed to have access to all channels. Does this include sport? I looked on google app and it says you have to subscribe to some channels. I have a Kodi for my PC but it is getting worse for streaming. Amazon Prime has a 30 day trial then £9.99 which I am in a better position to afford. The tablet Fire7 is £45. I do have a tablet I can use but one just for Amazon TV and film might be better but not straight away. Not sure how to connect a fire stick or if my TV is compatable. Only have one scart socket so dont know which device is best. Will it take space up on my pc?

1 minute ago, Rincewind said:

Just a quick question about Amazon Prime. I was chatting on a terry Pratchett page on FB and the adaption of his  book Good Omens (with Guiman) and for a start it  is just on Amazon. Found out it is £7.99 a month and you are supposed to have access to all channels. Does this include sport? I looked on google app and it says you have to subscribe to some channels. I have a Kodi for my PC but it is getting worse for streaming. Amazon Prime has a 30 day trial then £9.99 which I am in a better position to afford. The tablet Fire7 is £45. I do have a tablet I can use but one just for Amazon TV and film might be better but not straight away. Not sure how to connect a fire stick or if my TV is compatable. Only have one scart socket so dont know which device is best. Will it take space up on my pc?

I think you can get Eurosport on Prime, don't know if you have to pay for it. There's not much on Eurosport anyway so I wouldn't bother.

How old is your telly Ken? If it's less than 5 years old I'm sure it'll be compatible. Have you got a USB socket at the back? 

Thanks Webbo.

Could I have the app on more than one device? Thinking of a PC and tablet app then maybe get a Fire7 later soly for the purpose of videos from Amazon. Kodi is annoying. Takes ages to find something and often poor quality. Used to be OK but the providers are having more restrictions and rules put on them.

8 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Thanks Webbo.

Could I have the app on more than one device? Thinking of a PC and tablet app then maybe get a Fire7 later soly for the purpose of videos from Amazon. Kodi is annoying. Takes ages to find something and often poor quality. Used to be OK but the providers are having more restrictions and rules put on them.

I think you'd be okay with more than one device, We've got it on the main telly and sticks in three other tellies all on the one account.

You're right about kodi, very poor and unreliable now.

41 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Thanks Webbo.

For movies and tv programs, download showbox apk.

For sport I use sports donkey, £50 per year.

Everything in amazon prime is on showbox but no subscription.

8 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Just watched the first episode of American Gods on Kodi. Played Ok for a change. May take a look at showbox. Only watch football and wanted it for City games.

Try sportsdonkey for sports ken. I think you can get a trial or a day pass. You can watch it on your internet browser, it’s not bad.

13 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Been absolute horseshit most of the summer, not holding out much hope for the start of the season

Sportsdonkey? I know the app has gone but I’ve had no trouble with using it on the web browser.

what are you using?

45 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Try sportsdonkey for sports ken. I think you can get a trial or a day pass. You can watch it on your internet browser, it’s not bad.

Yes A day pass £6 2 days £10 not bad if you watch all weekend games but I watch in a pub usually. You can get it on Kodi but have to join the club. Expect thats the years subscription.

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Sportsdonkey? I know the app has gone but I’ve had no trouble with using it on the web browser.

what are you using?

Use it on the browser and through Kodi. Most times I've tried to watch Racing UK, f1, or cricket its been impossible to watch. Since the servers were confiscated in May it's been hit and miss but it feels like they're really struggling to get it going consistently. Sunday was dreadful and the Winston blokes ****ed off for a bit without saying and left one bloke to try to keep it going.

I'm not complaining cos it's served me well and well it's not legal but I've been trying others and would be hesitant to pay for SD again come September.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Use it on the browser and through Kodi. Most times I've tried to watch Racing UK, f1, or cricket its been impossible to watch. Since the servers were confiscated in May it's been hit and miss but it feels like they're really struggling to get it going consistently. Sunday was dreadful and the Winston blokes ****ed off for a bit without saying and left one bloke to try to keep it going.

I'm not complaining cos it's served me well and well it's not legal but I've been trying others and would be hesitant to pay for SD again come September.

I’ve watched a few f1s and a bit of the golf and it’s been fine. I don’t think I’ve been watching as much as normal because I’ve moved house this summer and we’ve been without broadband for about six weeks. So it’s more than possible I’ve missed big parts of disruption,

9 hours ago, Strokes said:

I’ve watched a few f1s and a bit of the golf and it’s been fine. I don’t think I’ve been watching as much as normal because I’ve moved house this summer and we’ve been without broadband for about six weeks. So it’s more than possible I’ve missed big parts of disruption,

I've had the same experience as @Kopfkino, and I'm reluctant to renew.

What's IUDTV @Webbo? Is it any good?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I've had the same experience as @Kopfkino, and I'm reluctant to renew.

What's IUDTV @Webbo? Is it any good?

It has thousands of channels from around the world,including bien. Sometimes not all of the channels are what they're supposed to be but there was only once last season when I couldn't get a stream. It's about £35 a year at the minute, but it depends on the exchange rate.

• Like 1