Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

16 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

We’ve got a hire car on holiday in the US and I’ve just noticed the number plate is all smashed up. I don’t recall hitting anything and think someone has reversed their tow bar into it while we’ve been parked up.

We’ve still got a week left so would you ring the hire company now and explain it or wait until you drop the car off before flying home? I assume we’re insured but not sure what the process is. No biggie but a bit annoying. Thanks 

4F385D3B-4125-477B-97EA-9DD18DB3AD08.jpeg

Ring the hire company now and explain. Last thing you want is either trouble getting pulled over by the piggies or having the hire company kick off just before you leave. If you ring now it gives time to sort it out with the hire company while you're still in the country. :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Ring the hire company now and explain. Last thing you want is either trouble getting pulled over by the piggies or having the hire company kick off just before you leave. If you ring now it gives time to sort it out with the hire company while you're still in the country. :thumbup:

Thanks mate. Not sure if there will be an excess to pay or if this happens all the time and they’re not arsed. Either way probably best calling them now like you say. Cheers 

46 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

We’ve got a hire car on holiday in the US and I’ve just noticed the number plate is all smashed up. I don’t recall hitting anything and think someone has reversed their tow bar into it while we’ve been parked up.

We’ve still got a week left so would you ring the hire company now and explain it or wait until you drop the car off before flying home? I assume we’re insured but not sure what the process is. No biggie but a bit annoying. Thanks 

I'd call them now, bro.

Car hire companies are notorious for making deductions on your c/card after you've gone home.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Buce said:

I'd call them now, bro.

Car hire companies are notorious for making deductions on your c/card after you've gone home.

Cheers mate. I’ve just rang Alamo and they didn’t really seem to give a shit. I guess this type of thing happens all the time but thought it best I report it now like you say.

Apparently we’re fully covered but I’m still expecting to be changed for it! A few years ago we got an unexpected $125 charge for insurance we didn’t need when we got home but I couldn’t be arsed to contest it. I don’t trust these rental companies one bit...

25 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Cheers mate. I’ve just rang Alamo and they didn’t really seem to give a shit. I guess this type of thing happens all the time but thought it best I report it now like you say.

Apparently we’re fully covered but I’m still expecting to be changed for it! A few years ago we got an unexpected $125 charge for insurance we didn’t need when we got home but I couldn’t be arsed to contest it. I don’t trust these rental companies one bit...

I rented a Toyota Hilux to drive around Namibia and Botswana last year. Completely lost one of the number plates and the hire company couldn't have cared less. The guy we returned it to just seemed happy to find the rest of the vehicle in one piece.

I imagine there will be some places that charge and others that just accept it as part of the business they do. Good luck with it!

Edited by samlcfc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Gotta love cvnts who cant be asked to leave a note (on the dash/wipers) apologizing and at least offering to pay for damages.  Must have been another bloke distracted by hot latinas with their arses hanging out.....

Hope the holidays are going well.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, samlcfc said:

I rented a Toyota Hilux to drive around Namibia and Botswana last year. Completely lost one of the number plates and the hire company couldn't have cared less. The guy we returned it to just seemed happy to find the rest of the vehicle in one piece.

I imagine there will be some places that charge and others that just accept it as part of the business they do. Good luck with it!

Thanks mate. I guess Alamo see a lot worse than a smashed number plate on a daily basis. Just my paranoia I guess but hopefully it’s all covered and no big deal.

Just now, Jattdogg said:

Gotta love cvnts who cant be asked to leave a note (on the dash/wipers) apologizing and at least offering to pay for damages.  Must have been another bloke distracted by hot latinas with their arses hanging out.....

Hope the holidays are going well.

lol

Yeah, was a bit pissed that someone did it while we were out at the parks. Looks like a tow bar indent to me but who knows. Not everyone has your morals Jatt :thumbup:

Apart from that we’re having a good time thanks mate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

What's the difference between an administrator and moderator on this forum?

The same as it was when the question was asked last week:

On 08/08/2018 at 17:20, Suzie the Fox said:
  1. When viewing a section on the forum, what does the star donate? Is it that its currently popular, but not yet hot?
  2. What is the difference between a moderator and an admin?
  3. Why are some members denoted as Member + ?

Just a few observations i have made today when doing no cleaning / cooking or gardening and being glued to the hot topics on the transfer thread. 

Less than 24h to go now, thank god. 

On 08/08/2018 at 17:33, Carl the Llama said:

1. Star = topic you've posted in.

2. Moderator = forum police, admin = forum management.

3. They've recently donated to the forum.

• Thanks 1

Questions re. switching broadband provider:

1) If you're currently on a copper line and you're swapping to fibre with a new provider, do you need to specify you need a new line at the point of placing the order?

2) Apparently your new provider will serve notice on your old one. I'm guessing most providers have 30 day notice periods - does this mean you're effectively going to have to pay an extra month to your old provider where the changeover happens before the end of the notice period?

3) Are there any other pitfalls to be aware of when switching?

4) Is Vodafone broadband any good?

Cheers in advance.

11 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Questions re. switching broadband provider:

1) If you're currently on a copper line and you're swapping to fibre with a new provider, do you need to specify you need a new line at the point of placing the order?

2) Apparently your new provider will serve notice on your old one. I'm guessing most providers have 30 day notice periods - does this mean you're effectively going to have to pay an extra month to your old provider where the changeover happens before the end of the notice period?

3) Are there any other pitfalls to be aware of when switching?

4) Is Vodafone broadband any good?

Cheers in advance.

The only question I can answer here is whether Vodafone broadband is any good, and in my experience, no. I switched to them and went straight back to BT within the cancellation period. I was under the impression that they used the same cables so I thought the service would be the same, but it was terrible. I'm not exaggerating when I say it would cut out 50 times a day. It was unusable. 

35 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I think you mean this.

Includes my favorite bit of commentary of all time by Jonathan Pearce:

"That is mesmeric. Any team that plays football as beautifully and brilliantly as this deserves to win the title" :thumbup:

That’s the one. One of the best pieces of play I’ve seen from a Leicester team, wish there was a goal at the end!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Benguin said:

That’s the one. One of the best pieces of play I’ve seen from a Leicester team, wish there was a goal at the end!

Fvckin great ain't it. I could watch it all day :scarf:

• Like 1