Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

32 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It has thousands of channels from around the world,including bien. Sometimes not all of the channels are what they're supposed to be but there was only once last season when I couldn't get a stream. It's about £35 a year at the minute, but it depends on the exchange rate.

If you look for it on aliexpress you can get a free one day trial.

11 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

What’s this @Webbo? Is it a box you’d buy from eBay or something you can download on your smart tv and then pay a subscription.

You can download the apk to a normal android box.

• Thanks 1

I'll stick with Kodi for now. Did watch a couple of vids where they were saying some providers were being scared off by letters they received so it is going to get worse. Then you need VPN and other security measures. Is it worth the hassell? Would like to give Amazon Prime a go. There are other benefits which may be useful. I want to revise my books on Amazon so going to reprice them for the minimum and you can offer the Ebook free. With the fast postal service I can order some and sell locally and give out to charity shops. Not bothered about making money out of them. Gave up with that idea and i am already retired.

Terry Pratchett said A book isn't finished until someone else has read it. Well mine are finished and thats good enough for me.

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Yeah I have thanks buce. It’s great for me but I need on for my 80 year old dad that can follow instructions over the phone. I’ve tried this route before and I end up missing half the match setting his up lol

Maybe as a workaround, you could install some (legitimate!) screen-sharing software on his pc and remotely set it up from your end each time, so that he doesn't have to faff around with getting the links and whatnot himself?

I've never actually used screen-sharing software, mind, so if its not as simple as (you) setting up a connection in advance and then (him) clicking a button to activate it when required, then that might not be suitable...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Maybe as a workaround, you could install some (legitimate!) screen-sharing software on his pc and remotely set it up from your end each time, so that he doesn't have to faff around with getting the links and whatnot himself?

I've never actually used screen-sharing software, mind, so if its not as simple as (you) setting up a connection in advance and then (him) clicking a button to activate it when required, then that might not be suitable...

Yeah he has been fine with MCKTV then sportsdonkey after that. Plus that would require me having a computer at home too. 

There will be someone else doing what those guys did, i just need to find them. Cheers though.

I booked a flight with Ryanair two days ago and the transaction was listed as 'pending' on my online statement, but today it's completely disappeared. My booking still exists on the website but the money hasn't been taken out.

Has this happened to anyone? I guess it's normal, it's just Ryanair so one never knows...

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

I booked a flight with Ryanair two days ago and the transaction was listed as 'pending' on my online statement, but today it's completely disappeared. My booking still exists on the website but the money hasn't been taken out.

Has this happened to anyone? I guess it's normal, it's just Ryanair so one never knows...

Usually I think that happens when the price has gone up, then they ring you to see if you're willing to pay the extra 

Just now, bovril said:

ffs

It's never happened to me when I've booked directly with Ryanair, but when I've booked a package online it has shown as pending, then I've had a phone call to tell me the price of the flights has increased. Hopefully I'm wrong ?

Got a job interview coming up. What's a modest amount of a payrise to mention if asked? 

Considering if I get offered the job, I'd be commuting an extra 40 miles a day.

Could you also get away with 'bumping' your current salary up a 1k or two? Or would it backfire when they get your P45?

I've always been too reluctant to ask for much in previous and always feel I could of got more.

3 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Got a job interview coming up. What's a modest amount of a payrise to mention if asked? 

Considering if I get offered the job, I'd be commuting an extra 40 miles a day.

Could you also get away with 'bumping' your current salary up a 1k or two? Or would it backfire when they get your P45?

I've always been too reluctant to ask for much in previous and always feel I could of got more.

I’d look for minimum £5k more. Maybe meet half way if you are happy with that. 

56 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Keep seeing a guy called max wall post is this an old poster with a new username? 

11 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Been very post happy recently has he. Used to notice the odd post from him now & again. 

His wife must have left him. 

Seems like an OK guy to me. But then I'm a terrible judge of character. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

Bailey's

• With coffee
  • With Ice
  • No thank you its horrible?

Just curious, i love it and for me depends on weather, if its cold then in coffee and if hot with ice. They even do a Baileys ice-cream which is to die for :D 

Baileys is the only drink I have with ice. I don't drink coffee so I don't know what that's like, but I do love Baileys ice cream ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

Baileys is the only drink I have with ice. I don't drink coffee so I don't know what that's like, but I do love Baileys ice cream ? 

Funnily enough its only drink i have with ice too. Its great with coffee as well as it can turn a strong coffee into something milky with a kick (if that makes sense.) 

Try it, if ofc you like coffee. If you are a tea drinker then perhaps i would skip :D 

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

He seems a very nice guy and his posts come across balanced. 

This. I like his posts, he seems intelligent, he's polite and friendly, and funny too. Quite unusual for a man to have all these traits now I think about it 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1