Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Nicky Maynard

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14407365.stm?

Nicky Maynard says he will still give his all next season despite doubts about his future at Bristol City.

The striker has a year left to run on his current contract and City turned down a bid from Leicester for the for the 24-year-old in the summer.

"I'm still in negotiations but I've always reiterated that I'm happy here," he told BBC Radio Bristol.

"Whether a contract has been signed or not, I'm not going to let that affect me - I'm still going to give 110 %."

He continued: "It's nice to be wanted. The gaffer wants me, everyone at Bristol wants me.

"It's just one of those things - once everything is sorted we will crack on."

Continue reading the main story

I'm not being big headed but I do put myself in the category of one of the league's best scorers.

Nicky Maynard

Maynard, who joined the club from Crewe in 2008, is now looking to recapture his form after an injury-hit season last year.

He netted 11 goals in his debut season but came into his own the following year, scoring 21 times in 45 games.

Last term he was restricted to just 13 appearances, although he still found the net six times.

"My aim is to be the top scorer in the league and get Bristol City into the Premier League," added Maynard.

"My target is 20 plus goals. I've proved I can do it the season before my injury so there's no reason why I can't do it. I'm going to be fit for selection come the 6 August so that's me ready for the 46 games.

"I believe in my own ability and I've proved I can score goals in the Championship. I'm not being big headed but I do put myself in the category of one of the league's best scorers."

Hello Bristol City fans, look at your club, now back at ours, now back at your club, now back to ours. Sadly, your club isn't ours, but if it stopped being a little whiny bitch and brought in some dodgy foreign owners it could be like us.

Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in the King Power Stadium supporting a club your club could be like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s a transfer request from Nicky Maynard. Look again, Nicky Maynard has now been sold. Anything is possible when your club is as massive as ours.

We're on a horse.

Brilliant. Laughing hard.

Tomorrow = Maybe the day this will be an end to this saga.

According to BCFC Insider, Maynard will ''definitely'' sign a new contract with them this Friday

But we'll see. :ph34r:

Oh God I hope so!

I really like Maynard and I really want him here but if tomorrow it is revealed that he has signed a contract and it puts an end to all this then I'll be just as happy

(but won't it be exciting if it's not revealed :thumbup: )

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14407365.stm?

The striker has a year left to run on his current contract and City turned down a bid from Leicester for the for the 24-year-old in the summer.

"I'm still in negotiations but I've always reiterated that I'm happy here," he told BBC Radio Bristol.

"Whether a contract has been signed or not, I'm not going to let that affect me - I'm still going to give 110 %."

He continued: "It's nice to be wanted. The gaffer wants me, everyone at Bristol wants me.

"It's just one of those things - once everything is sorted we will crack on."

Continue reading the main story

I'm not being big headed but I do put myself in the category of one of the league's best scorers.

Nicky Maynard

Maynard, who joined the club from Crewe in 2008, is now looking to recapture his form after an injury-hit season last year.

He netted 11 goals in his debut season but came into his own the following year, scoring 21 times in 45 games.

Last term he was restricted to just 13 appearances, although he still found the net six times.

"My aim is to be the top scorer in the league and get Bristol City into the Premier League," added Maynard.

"My target is 20 plus goals. I've proved I can do it the season before my injury so there's no reason why I can't do it. I'm going to be fit for selection come the 6 August so that's me ready for the 46 games.

"I believe in my own ability and I've proved I can score goals in the Championship. I'm not being big headed but I do put myself in the category of one of the league's best scorers."

Hello Bristol City fans, look at your club, now back at ours, now back at your club, now back to ours. Sadly, your club isn't ours, but if it stopped being a little whiny bitch and brought in some dodgy foreign owners it could be like us.

Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in the King Power Stadium supporting a club your club could be like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s a transfer request from Nicky Maynard. Look again, Nicky Maynard has now been sold. Anything is possible when your club is as massive as ours.

We're on a horse.

Love it laughing my wotsit off !!!! :crylaugh:

:chant:

We're on a horse.

:crylaugh: Possibly one of the best things I've seen on FT

We're on a horse.

LEDGE

Maynards already signed a contract according to a fair few round these parts but we're all carrot munching cider drinking racists so what do we know :crylaugh:

anyway good luc kagainst Cov (is it?) saturday I'm sure your get your striker soon (not nicky)

I'm on a horse

Maybe....but can you ride it ??

I still don't get his reasoning for wanting to stay at BCFC. If he comes here he gets a good deal for himself and his club and he's got a very, very good chance of playing in the premiership next year( which he says is what the wants). If he stays where he is he might get in the playoffs but if he doesn't and has a crap season he's basically screwed. He's either dumb or very loyal, a bit like my labrador. Surely football's about taking your chances when they come, not holding out for maybes. If BCFC is so rich, as some of their fans have pointed out on this forum, why haven't they invested in better players than they had last season to get them up, and if i was maynard i'd be looking around the dressing room and asking myself if the team is any better than last year and am i going to end up carrying them.

I've got nothing against bristol city and i'm not really bothered about getting maynard (i want the yak back cos the ball only has to bounce off him and it ends up in the back of the net and its really funny watching him wobble round the pitch like a big weeble) but i just don't get his reasoning....

We're on a horse.

BEST.COMMENT.EVER

We're on a horse.

Had to quote it. Just had to. Tried not to laugh till the end but it's simply impossible... Genius

We're on a horse.

very good :D

Archived