Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Nicky Maynard

If signed Nicky Maynard is destined to fail after this saga.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but just feel for the money it's a huge risk, any big money signing is but I feel this is especially.

I don't know alot about the lad anyway, so really don't have reason to comment either way but the amount worries me most, if he does eventually sign I wish him well, really hope he does well but just fear the worst because of the price. All I would say is LCFC and BCFC have both said they wanted it over start/early August, Sven just said on the phone in, the way things are going we won't be signing a striker till after the Coventry game, can't see it dragging on for yet another week, Part of me hopes that BCFC Insider bloke is true when he says Maynard will sign a new contract and it'll be announced 1st day of the season.

that's completely irrelevant to us not wanting to sell him to you

And how do you know that? Because that hasn't been confirmed by anyone.

Your OS changed the wording from "WON'T" sell to another champ team to "DON'T WISH TO" sell to another champ team... big difference.

If you feel like you need to sell because you don't want to lose money on him, and we have the only offer on the table, he's coming here end of story.

Oh, could you also tell the goons on your forum who keep posting "Leicesters a shit hole, why would anyone want to live there", that you only have to drive about 20 minutes from the city centre and you can be in open countryside. Do they think the whole of Leicestershire consists of Leicester city centre?

Can we stop claiming that Sven's been told Maynard wants to sign? This comes from one guy in Sweden claiming Sven told him this. my guess is thst either the question or answer wasn't clear as it didn't sound particularly likely when we were told that. Suddenly every goon in Leicester is claiming this as fact when it appears to be a misunderstanding/total bollocks.

Apologies for typos am on my phone.

I would just like to make a comment, which is infinitely more informed than 99% of the comments on the previous 96 pages:

Wibble!

blackadder1.jpg

Maynard , Keane , jerome etc it doesnt matter sven will definetly sign a top striker and this time next year we will be looking forward to the prem In sven we trust ! we all know that someone will be signed up in the next week or two and it will be the right man wether its Maynard or not remains to be seen sven isnt one to panic and no matter how all the other teams in the championship like it or not we will be challenging this year. we are being slagged off by everybody but its nothing but jealousy fair play to the thais for taking a chance and not just being cautious and signing second rate players it takes a lot of guts to do what leicester are doing and we will only get the recognition we deserve if we are successful, which im convinced will be this year.

Can we stop claiming that Sven's been told Maynard wants to sign? This comes from one guy in Sweden claiming Sven told him this. my guess is thst either the question or answer wasn't clear as it didn't sound particularly likely when we were told that. Suddenly every goon in Leicester is claiming this as fact when it appears to be a misunderstanding/total bollocks.

Apologies for typos am on my phone.

I wouldn't be naive enough to believe that Maynard (possibly via his agent) hasn't been giving City the come-and-get-me from the start. He's clearly been sounded out and given a positive response else this would've ended weeks ago. Perhaps it has and all this is a smokescreen for a bigger fish :dunno:

Southampton are the latest club to make an enquiry.

I hope they get 97 pages of nonsense and deluded Brizzle fans on their forum too :D

Colin Sexston talks about the Maynard deal here on their official website (He talks about Maynard at 3:45 in the video) http://t.co/2jDmMC5.

He pretty much says that, a forth bid has not been submitted by us and that other clubs have made contact :(

Oh my word. I hate to part of all this but after watching that video, I'm convinced Bristol City will sell Maynard this transfer window. They're taking about making cut backs, selling players and making smart business decisions.

I recommend everyone to watch it

did anyone ask sven if we had a bid on the tablr for maynard

Unless I am mistaken Maynard was not mentioned. That seems to say to me that it's a very sensitive subject & maybe Sven had said to Radio Leicester that he didn't want to answer questions regarding Maynard. So imo City are negotiating for the player? Watch this space!

Here's a real update:

We haven't bid for Maynard for two weeks now, not since our last one of £4.75 million. There are a number of clubs now circling and monitoring the situation, so expect a bidding war Bristol City will be absolutely relishing.

Unless I am mistaken Maynard was not mentioned. That seems to say to me that it's a very sensitive subject & maybe Sven had said to Radio Leicester that he didn't want to answer questions regarding Maynard. So imo City are negotiating for the player? Watch this space!

I'm tired of the Nearly Maynot saga...maybe it's time we moved on...probably a good enough striker and it's obvious Sven can see something in him but he's not the only striker out there and we'll be a prem team in 12 months with or without him!

I thought that too. The only question about Maynard was related to the rumoured bid including Waghorn. Sven deflected it and mainly talked about not wanting to sell Waghorn or Howard but that may change if additions are made. It's an odd protracted transfer, with both LCFC and BCFC doing what's best for them. We could have put the bid in and told them if it goes public that we will retract it. Then you have them publicly stating that other clubs have shown interest. Sounds like they are trying drum up the interest. For me, they are going to sell him, whether it's us or not remains to be seen.

Here's a real update:

We haven't bid for Maynard for two weeks now, not since our last one of £4.75 million. There are a number of clubs now circling and monitoring the situation, so expect a bidding war Bristol City will be absolutely relishing.

So will we win the bidding war that is the question?

Archived