Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Nicky Maynard

we're making cut backs because we have 36 pros on the books and only 18 of them will be around the first team,

I can 100% state Nicky will not be sold to you or anyone this year he's signed a new contract friday gone its going to be announce just before the ipswich game to boost ticket sales

we're making cut backs because we have 36 pros on the books and only 18 of them will be around the first team,

I can 100% state Nicky will not be sold to you or anyone this year he's signed a new contract friday gone its going to be announce just before the ipswich game to boost ticket sales

If this turns out to be true then fair play to BCFC on convincing him to sign a new contract,.. slightly surprised he didn't decide to run down his contract , but maybe he lost his nerve or was worried about what would happen if his knee went again,...

Surely the sooner you announce this though the more tickets you'd sell???

So will we win the bidding war that is the question?

I'm worried we're going to bid against ourselves for this player, like we apparently did for Mills. Ridiculous money they want. Cheaper options elsewhere.

5live: Maynard 'lcfc deal is close'

lcfcinfoman (see above)

PWII (apparently ITK) On the Beckham thread said Maynard is in talks.

Plus nameless tweets.

It's just the sudden surge that excites me. Instead of fragmented rumours we've seen a surge. My take on that is that it suggests something's happened that has instantly triggered a spout of rumours. The difference being that rumours before today have been dotted around randomly. They could have come from anywhere and served any agenda. Rightly or wrongly, I get the feeling that such a surge wouldn't happen without good reason.

Ha. Take notice of me by all means, but the only source I possess is my brain which I consult regularly for gems of common sense.

:giggle:

As Howlin' Pelle Almqvist once said, hate to say I told you so. ;)

http://twitter.com/#!/OfficialMArthur

OfficialMArthur Mark Arthur

@

@widget365 Nicky Maynard will not end up at any second tier club this term. #bcfc are clear on this #nffc also ends the #lcfc speculation

If this is true then it ranks of utter stupidity from BCFC. So if a Premier League club comes in and bids £2m they'll sell, but they won't sell to us for £4-5m. Do they honestly think that one player is going to push LCFC into the play offs at the expense of BCFC?

If it's the player driving this it is far more understandable. He won't move unless a PL club comes in for him. Makes sense as we know, for sure, that BCFC and LCFC will be in the same league this season.

The most likely outcome is that he will sign for BCFC with a release clause as I don't think any Premier League club will outbid us. Unless BCFC are prepared to sell him to a PL club for less money which, as I say, is complete madness.

..... and before anyone says: "what if a PL club matches LCFC's valuation" then yes fair enough.

But to categorically state you won't sell to a 2nd tier club is nonsense.

What if LCFC bid £20m and a Lear Jet? Would the BCFC board still turn it down?

Why so bothered?

Forget about him and BCFC, if thing's go well for us we will hopefully be playing Premier League football next season :thumbup:

If BCFC do not want the money that is their business, sure it does not make much sense but that is football for you :giggle:

If this is true then it ranks of utter stupidity from BCFC. So if a Premier League club comes in and bids £2m they'll sell, but they won't sell to us for £4-5m. Do they honestly think that one player is going to push LCFC into the play offs at the expense of BCFC?

If it's the player driving this it is far more understandable. He won't move unless a PL club comes in for him. Makes sense as we know, for sure, that BCFC and LCFC will be in the same league this season.

The most likely outcome is that he will sign for BCFC with a release clause as I don't think any Premier League club will outbid us. Unless BCFC are prepared to sell him to a PL club for less money which, as I say, is complete madness.

This is one of the most sensiblist comments ive seen so far BCFC fan in peace...

This is one of the most sensiblist comments ive seen so far BCFC fan in peace...

If this turns out to be true then fair play to BCFC on convincing him to sign a new contract,.. slightly surprised he didn't decide to run down his contract , but maybe he lost his nerve or was worried about what would happen if his knee went again,...

Surely the sooner you announce this though the more tickets you'd sell???

We've sold all the season tickets we can sell (11k) we can only have 13500k ST holders anyway because of our shit ground,

he always said he owed the club after his injury last season (he did it on a dry ski slope mucking around) ether way he'll be gone by next august thats a fact as well

Archived