Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AaronH

Kasper Schmeichel - COMPLETE

Not beyond the realms of possibility considering he has worked with Sven at Man City and Notts County, but this to me seems less likely than the Westwood deal considering the fact it would be somewhat of a sideways move. Leeds' aspirations won't be a million and one miles away from ours so they'd be reluctant to let their first choice keeper go on the cheap. I'm not 100% about him either, would prefer to save £2 million for elsewhere and go for Westwood on a free.

I would happily have him, you do see flashes of absolute brilliance in him and hints of his Dad, he's still young so still has a lot to learn and can keep improving. Would happily have him. Can't see the story being all that true though, highly unlikely Leeds would be all that willing to let him go having only had him a season and he's been pretty class at times.

I think every time I have seen him play you see flashes of absolute brilliance, he is a top keeper and for £2m I'd happily take him, can't see Leeds wanting to let him go for that price if at all though unfortunately.

Must admit before this season I thought he was overated but having seen him a couple of times, he seems to have improved greatly. Think it might need more than £2m though, not because I think hes worth more than that but Leeds don't need to sell and they wouldn't want to sell to a promotion rival.

It seems that the chances of signing Westwood is slim according to the Mirror

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Sunderland-leading-Everton-Newcastle-and-Leicester-in-chase-for-Coventry-keeper-Kieren-Westwood-article740457.html

Steve Bruce has stepped up his bid to beat Everton, Newcastle and Leicester in the race to sign Coventry goalkeeper Kieren Westwood.

Sunderland chief Bruce has held talks with Westwood’s representatives over a move to the Stadium of Light on a free transfer.

Westwood, 26, has emerged as one of the most highly-rated goalkeepers outside the Premier League after three years with the Sky Blues.

And Bruce is ready to pounce for the Republic of Ireland international as he prepares for a substantial recruitment drive this summer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1390561/Sunderland-beat-Everton-Aston-Villa-Black-Cats-start-negotiations-Keiren-Westwood.html

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce has opened negotiations with Coventry City’s Keiren Westwood over a move to the Stadium of Light.

Bruce is keen to sign a goalkeeper as Craig Gordon has undergone surgery on his knee and is expected to miss three months of next season.

Westwood, 26, is out of contract and has also drawn interest from Everton and Aston Villa.

This is probable the reason why he may go to Sunderland :rolleyes:

Sven was in charge when Kasper made his Prem debut, but he also dropped him once Hart had recovered from injury despite Kasper doing pretty well. He might or might not hold a grudge. But as others have said, I doubt he'd want to move away from Leeds nor would they look to sell him unless they get a silly offer.

Sven was in charge when Kasper made his Prem debut, but he also dropped him once Hart had recovered from injury despite Kasper doing pretty well. He might or might not hold a grudge. But as others have said, I doubt he'd want to move away from Leeds nor would they look to sell him unless they get a silly offer.

Doubt he held a grudge as he went to county with Sven.

I was under the impression that kasper was slightly over rated, having said that I've not seen that much of him

Archived