Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Love it. Two united kids?? I love being the underdog. These guys haven't watched a game outside of the prem. drinkwater and James will be on top of their list for "super talents" next year.

They are talking about Barmby and Rowley, because every fecking idiot out there thinks they are going in the first team.

The 2014/15 Premier League starts on  Saturday and Boylesports.com have the latest relegation betting with Burnley, QPR and Leicester fancied for the drop.

Other teams that have been back to get relegated are Southampton, `the Saints were initially installed at 13/2 to exit the Premier League this coming season. After a massive clear out of players in the past few weeks punters believe that Ronald Koeman’s squad may be relegated from the Premier League this season and have supported them into 9/2 from 11/2 in the past 24 hours.

Currently Premier League newcomers, Burnley, head the relegation betting at 6/10 but hot on their heels are Q.P.R at 19/10 whilst newcomers Leicester and West Brom, who avoided relegation last season, are on offer at 12/5.

Liam Glynn, PR Executive at Boylesports said: “Following the clear out of players at Southampton, punters have latched onto The Saints to be relegated and have supported them into 9/2 having initially been installed at 13/2.”

He added “At present our traders report that Southampton are the biggest losers in the Ante post relegation book and judging by the surge of support for The Saints in the past 24 hours, they expect their current price of 9/2 to dry up sooner rather than later.”

Premier League 2014/2015 – To Be Relegated

Burnley 6/10

Q.P.R. 19/10

Leicester 12/5

West Brom 12/5

Hull 13/5

Crystal Palace 13/5

Aston Villa 3/1

Swansea 4/1

Southampton 9/2

Sunderland 9/2

West Ham 11/2

Newcastle 7/1

Stoke 8/1

Everton 100/1

Tottenham 250/1

Man United 1000/1

Arsenal 1000/1

Liverpool 1000/1

Man City 1500/1

Chelsea 1500/1

These reads still grinding my gears haha....

The "problem" is we are an unknown squad. Nobody really knows about Mahrez being better than most wingers in the prem, nobody knows that Drinkwater was in my eyes the best player in the championship last year. Nobody knows that da laet will be one of the best right backs in the league come the end of the season. Nobody knows that is our team chemistry that won us the league and David Nugent didn't do it on his own!

The list goes on. Our squad price will probably more than treble come this time next year.

If we went down this season it would be disastrous considering how good of a team we are. I as a football player and having watched most of the premiership games last year would be shocked if we went down.

The only thing I don't know is how we will handle adversity as we have had so much success of late but I'm sure the team are not stupid and they know it's going to be different this year. They will keep the spirit high and stay gelled as a unit because that will determine it.

The 2014/15 Premier League starts on Saturday and Boylesports.com have the latest relegation betting with Burnley, QPR and Leicester fancied for the drop.

Other teams that have been back to get relegated are Southampton, `the Saints were initially installed at 13/2 to exit the Premier League this coming season. After a massive clear out of players in the past few weeks punters believe that Ronald Koeman’s squad may be relegated from the Premier League this season and have supported them into 9/2 from 11/2 in the past 24 hours.

Currently Premier League newcomers, Burnley, head the relegation betting at 6/10 but hot on their heels are Q.P.R at 19/10 whilst newcomers Leicester and West Brom, who avoided relegation last season, are on offer at 12/5.

Liam Glynn, PR Executive at Boylesports said: “Following the clear out of players at Southampton, punters have latched onto The Saints to be relegated and have supported them into 9/2 having initially been installed at 13/2.”

He added “At present our traders report that Southampton are the biggest losers in the Ante post relegation book and judging by the surge of support for The Saints in the past 24 hours, they expect their current price of 9/2 to dry up sooner rather than later.”

Premier League 2014/2015 – To Be Relegated

Burnley 6/10

Q.P.R. 19/10

Leicester 12/5

West Brom 12/5

Hull 13/5

Crystal Palace 13/5

Aston Villa 3/1

Swansea 4/1

Southampton 9/2

Sunderland 9/2

West Ham 11/2

Newcastle 7/1

Stoke 8/1

Everton 100/1

Tottenham 250/1

Man United 1000/1

Arsenal 1000/1

Liverpool 1000/1

Man City 1500/1

Chelsea 1500/1

Southamptons worth a punt with them odds! I think they are going to struggle this year!

Leicester relegated, not enough experience.

Villa, **** me what a season they could have having bought Joe Cole, Kieran Richardson and Phillip Senderos

Yeah but they are experienced so it automatically makes them better players :rolleyes:

Seriously, the whole "Premier League experience" term is deceiving and not true. Many players have performed after being promoted, look at the likes of Ricky Lambert.

These reads still grinding my gears haha....

The "problem" is we are an unknown squad. Nobody really knows about Mahrez being better than most wingers in the prem, nobody knows that Drinkwater was in my eyes the best player in the championship last year. Nobody knows that da laet will be one of the best right backs in the league come the end of the season. Nobody knows that is our team chemistry that won us the league and David Nugent didn't do it on his own!

The list goes on. Our squad price will probably more than treble come this time next year.

If we went down this season it would be disastrous considering how good of a team we are. I as a football player and having watched most of the premiership games last year would be shocked if we went down.

The only thing I don't know is how we will handle adversity as we have had so much success of late but I'm sure the team are not stupid and they know it's going to be different this year. They will keep the spirit high and stay gelled as a unit because that will determine it.

We won 3 in 16 in the championship the season before last and still managed to make the play-offs. We lost in the cruellest of manners in a play-off semi then just came back and sauntered to win the league and break all manner of records. I'm sure these players can handle adversity. It's basically the same squad. If the squad improves as much as it did last year then we will easily survive!

What I don't get about pundits (in general) is that they are paid HANDSOMELY to do one thing. Watch and comment on Football matches. All of us on here and pretty much most fans outside of the 'big' teams know a damn site more than the vast majority of these pundits, and the vast majority of us follow a multitude of sports, have full time jobs etc. I just don't understand the calamitous levels of ineptitude of so many pundits. Thank fvcking Christ Peter Beagrie won't be anywhere near any of our games this season.

What I don't get about pundits (in general) is that they are paid HANDSOMELY to do one thing. Watch and comment on Football matches. All of us on here and pretty much most fans outside of the 'big' teams know a damn site more than the vast majority of these pundits, and the vast majority of us follow a multitude of sports, have full time jobs etc. I just don't understand the calamitous levels of ineptitude of so many pundits. Thank fvcking Christ Peter Beagrie won't be anywhere near any of our games this season.

A couple of people say something and they jump on the bad wagon.

They are too busy pissing about on twitter and worrying about advertisements and sponsorships and getting their dicks out on chat roulette. So jumping on the bandwagon is the easiest thing to do.

I bet half of them don't even watch MOTD!

That's not entirely true, they're paid to watch matches in a certain league, which is why the soccer saturday lot are quite alien to the newly promoted clubs.

Considering they get three new teams a year, you would think they would watch some top end championship games, if they actually wanted to be good at their job.

This is it. They're paid to give expert insight and you get the impression that it's just made up off the top of their head quickly so they can get down the pub.

If they just spent twenty minutes research on the internet scanning match reports and reading fans pages ect. they'd be able to give an informed and knowledgeable preview. I'd never dare to put out some of the garbage I've read and would double check any facts or statements I've made before submitting. Journalism seems to be a dying art and getting lazy now.

Edited by Vlad the Fox

This is it. They're paid to give expert insight and you get the impression that it's just made up off the top of their head quickly so they can get down the pub.

If they just spent twenty minutes research on the internet scanning match reports and reading fans pages ect. they'd be able to give an informed and knowledgeable preview. I'd never dare to put out some of the garbage I've read and would double check any facts or statements I've made before submitting. Journalism seems to be a dying art and getting lazy now.

This is the problem they're not journalists just like so many authors are not authors they're 'celebrities'

• Like 1