Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Not sure why anyone can be criticised for tipping us to go down. We're all expecting a struggle?

A struggle yes but I'm surprised we're considered more likely to go down than Swansea, QPR and West Brom. Genuinely.

Worth a read this is

http://mobile.newsnow.co.uk/A/727920123?-11208

Everyone ignores Vardy, it's like he doesn't exist. Why is everyone so sure Nugent & Ulloa will lead the line? I can't think of a good reason for Vardy not to start - and also, with the midfielders we are bringing in it's not unrealistic to think we may play 1 up front.

Also, they're picking names out of a hat if they think Drinkwater isn't Premier League quality. I've seen far shitter players than him play in the top flight for years. If we go down he'll get move to a team who doesn't.

Also, they're picking names out of a hat if they think Drinkwater isn't Premier League quality. I've seen far shitter players than him play in the top flight for years. If we go down he'll get move to a team who doesn't.

They don't say he isn't, they say they question whether or not he's PL quality - which, considering he's never played at this level, is a fairly valid thing to write. No one knows for definite who'll cut the mustard until we're actually playing games in this division.

Green, Simpson (Phillips 68), Caulker, Ferdinand (Hill 57), Dunne (Onuoha 57), Wright-Phillips, Barton, Faurlin (Henry 68), Mutch, Hoilett (Zamora 57), Austin.

16 QPR players-who'd you take for us?

Caulker would start.

Hoillett wide backup.

Austin on the bench.

Green reserve keeper.

4 players, and only one starter. I know it isn't fantasy football, and they'd be unlikely to take 12 of ours given the same offer, but since they didn't even play well as a team last year, I just can't see why people think they'll do so well...

[edit] maybe Onuoha as a utility defensive sub....

Edited by Oxfordfox83

"... the former Manchester United kid Danny Drinkwater and Wes Morgan".

I don't see what's wrong with that. The ManU bit clearly only refers to Drinkwater.

It said duo before - must have been edited. Surprised they didn't change it to DD and James, though.

Not sure why QPR are being tipped to stay up by most of these pundits anyway, literally the worst team I've seen get promoted.

And me. Managed to be even shitter than Holloway's Palace which is a staggering achievement.

Article that has us relegated - load of shit.

Article which fancies us to survive - worth a read.

"Clearly hasn't seen us play" "Doesn't know what he's on about" "Going on names alone"

"Well written" "Writers clearly a knowledgeable chap"

Know what you mean. Can't help but think there's an element of bias in these assessments.

You can generally tell if they have a clue by whether or not they have Nugent as our "Key Man". I'm not saying he isn't important but if you watched us last year, or have looked any further than the top scorer list it is a stretch to call him the key man. Tbh hardly any pundits will have a clue including the ones saying we will survive and 95% of them will just pick two of the 3 promoted teams and someone else shit to tip for relegation. Why would they put more thought into it than that, it's only their job, right?

just watched gary neville's chat about newly promoted teams and relegation fears on ssn. didn't even mention us. we did go up didn't we? please tell me i haven't imagined the last 4 months.