Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

@PPOffers: The 3 worst results in our PL outright book are: Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, Leicester. Seriously. Small stakes at 1000/1. #ShowMeTheMoney

probably not what "they" think because most bets are presumably from optimistic leicester fans but even so :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28742392

Yet another feature claiming that QPR will avoid relegation because of 'Arry and his canny signings of pensioners like Rio Ferdinand and relegation fodder from last season, while we will struggle and go down. Does anyone know anything about our squad or players?

Along with no reason as to why he thinks we'll struggle. Just 'yeah, did fúcking brilliantly last year, has a new signing that has the potential to underwhelm, been great in pre-season, but they'll struggle whatever'

He's probably friends with most of these journo's so subconsciously think he will keep them up regardless of what team they put out.

Our Nigel clearly doesn't have the same network in the media so just easy to write off.

We will just have to rely on Gary Lineker to highlight Leicester if we are doing OK on MOTD!

Yet another feature claiming that QPR will avoid relegation because of 'Arry and his canny signings of pensioners like Rio Ferdinand and relegation fodder from last season, while we will struggle and go down. Does anyone know anything about our squad or players?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/23001874

Predictions from last year

They all love Redknapp. Every media source. Ourselves and Burnley seem to be written off, but I don't mind, I do think we will surprise these people come the end of the season though.

He's probably friends with most of these journo's so subconsciously think he will keep them up regardless of what team they put out.

Our Nigel clearly doesn't have the same network in the media so just easy to write off.

We will just have to rely on Gary Lineker to highlight Leicester if we are doing OK on MOTD!

I really hope our game is 4-4 and has to be put on first on MOTD. Would be hilarious to see all the abuse Lineker will receive for being "biased". Also hope he does something like he did in our Blackburn FA Cup tie years ago. Just want him to wind up the rest of the fans in the league.

that's the weirdest of the lot and not for the QPR prediction. His whole little paragraph on us is quite positive then it's almost as if someone took over at the last minute and put in that last line.

• Like 1

He mentions us bringing in the two United players not being impressive enough without knowing there going straight to the development team.

Completely forgets we've brought in Albrighton too.

After getting pi55ed off at these pundits I just think let's just wait and let the results do the talking
  • Like 1

I love all the predictions, It just shows the collective 'knowledge' of the so called expert pundits. I'm under no illusions it'll be a hard season but the whole QPR has experience therefore will stay up. Leicester and Burnely no hope is just bizarre.  It's opinions based on nothing. It doesn't annoy me, just makes me smile. 

I was listening to Talkshite on the way home from work last night and Adrian Durham, the most dispisable sports broadcaster in existance, was waxing lyrical about the job Harry Redknapp has done at QPR. I think his words were he has performed a minor miracale since taking over. Excuse me?  

Edited by Big_Nige

I don't think a pundit has actually predicted us to stay up yet.

Can't wait till we prove them wrong and QPR drop instead.

Jamie Redknapp did and I'd wager he only did so because he didn't want to look overly bias just predicting his dad to stay up.

We can't all stay up, three sides have to be relegated so why not us?

I doubt there are many supporters out there predicted their own sides to go down, everyone will think they have a chance of staying up and believe other squads/managers are weaker.

In the last two seasons the promoted champions have performed like this

Cardiff - 87pts - 30 points relegated

Reading - 89pts - 28 points relegated 

Admittedly we secured far more points than the two above but being champions does not make you immune to relegation

We can't all stay up, three sides have to be relegated so why not us?

I doubt there are many supporters out there predicted their own sides to go down, everyone will think they have a chance of staying up and believe other squads/managers are weaker.

In the last two seasons the promoted champions have performed like this

Cardiff - 87pts - 30 points relegated

Reading - 89pts - 28 points relegated 

Admittedly we secured far more points than the two above but being champions does not make you immune to relegation

Neither does having Harry Redknapp or being a team that hasn't just been promoted.

A few weeks late but just seen that ESPN thing, did anybody else notice that they didn't even use our current badge? 

Hardly anybody has. Four Four Two haven't, I think the Racing Post got it wrong as well.

• Like 1

Neither does having Harry Redknapp or being a team that hasn't just been promoted.

Hardly anybody has. Four Four Two haven't, I think the Racing Post got it wrong as well.

No it doesn't BUT adding two very good CB's to your squad does. Even the most myopic City fan would hopefully concede that Ferdinand and Caulker are superior defenders than Morgan and Moore.

I think more would also agree that Loic Remy is a better striker than anything we have.

On paper they 'appear' to have a better central defence (if we include Dunne as part of their back 3 that Hoddle has been brought in to help coach) and a better attack, so it is not surprising that many pundits view them as stronger contenders to stay up.

Edited by fleckneymike