Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Was watching something on sky the other day with Merson and Muzzy where muzz picked his best team and Merson claimed he'd never heard of Kaamark.

Doesn't surprise me, have you got a link?

Was watching something on sky the other day with Merson and Muzzy where muzz picked his best team and Merson claimed he'd never heard of Kaamark.

Probably played during Mersons Champagne years.  He barely remembers Petit playing for Arsenal I bet so it is natural that he has no clue who Kaamark is.

I quite like that Merson prediction. I've never heard a reason for relegation is the ground is too nice before.

Far better than "David Nugent failed before, he'll fail again, no one else will score goals, who are these players, does Heskey still play for them?" comments.

• Like 1

Not really sure why Liverpool's fairly inoffensive effort is bottom when Newcastle's is horrendous and West Brom's kit isn't a West Brom kit (I'd be livid if I was one of their fans).

Swansea's sponsor also looks terrible, they rate Chelsea's even though it's almost no different to any of their kits in the last 5 years (adidas are so boring these days).

Man City and Everton also very poor efforts. What's to like about the Man City one to make it the best kit? The collar is shite and nothing else is going on.

I know Merson didn't give a compelling case but it seems some posters get pent up at anyone saying we'll go down no matter what the argument. We're never going to be fancied regardless of how many games we won or points we racked up last season.

I disagree. If he'd said we will go down because of lack of experience but players like Mahrez and Knockaert will cause problems then I'd say fair enough this man has watched us and had something to base an opinion on.

Its only when we've established ourselves for at least a season we will get any sort of reasonable prediction about us. I find it absolutely laughable that QPR can finish so far behind us and sign a couple of players and all pundits back them to finish comfortably above us just because Harry Redknapp is a household name. It's staggering he still has credibility in football.

• Like 1

Can see what Merson is saying regarding the ground.

Teams used to hate coming to filbert street because it was a hole. Now we've got a lovely ground, will attempt to play football on possibly the best pitch in the league.

We won't be getting in teams faces like we did under O'Neill (maybe because we have more technically gifted players in this era) and that's what the big boys hate.

Teams used to hate coming to filbert street because it was a hole. Now we've got a lovely ground, will attempt to play football on possibly the best pitch in the league.

We won't be getting in teams faces like we did under O'Neill (maybe because we have more technically gifted players in this era) and that's what the big boys hate.

Totally agree mate. Was talking to someone down the pub earlier and they said we could do with Filbert Street this season. Teams hated playing there especially all the top teams, intimidating crowd, everyone so close to the pitch, I can't imagine it was a nice ground to play at.

I honestly think we've got it in us to get in people's faces AND produce technical football. I wouldn't say we're particularly aggressive, but we're an energetic, fit side who will be hard to play against either way in my opinion.

The home crowd is nowhere near as intimidating though. That will hopefully change with time.

The teams who have gone up and done well (Swansea, Southampton, Reading, Hull?) have gone up with a new(-ish) stadium and played good football. We are in a perfect position to do that, much more than Burnley who have Turf Moor who's pitch is barely big enough to reach league regs.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/18932/9416720/premier-league-jamie-redknapp-tips-chelsea-for-the-title

Leicester

Leicester will do okay because they’ve got a lot of pace up front. They got used to winning last year and the hardest thing for teams coming up is getting used to losing. They’ll get chinned, beaten 4-0 or 5-0 at times and that’s hard to take. But Leicester have a strong defence and they seem to have a real togetherness there. It’s a good place to play, the atmosphere is fierce and I think they’ll be okay. It’s hard to predict who will go down. Palace are a great example to the promoted teams of what togetherness and defensive strength can do and Leicester have both of those attributes.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/18932/9416720/premier-league-jamie-redknapp-tips-chelsea-for-the-title

Leicester

Leicester will do okay because they’ve got a lot of pace up front. They got used to winning last year and the hardest thing for teams coming up is getting used to losing. They’ll get chinned, beaten 4-0 or 5-0 at times and that’s hard to take. But Leicester have a strong defence and they seem to have a real togetherness there. It’s a good place to play, the atmosphere is fierce and I think they’ll be okay. It’s hard to predict who will go down. Palace are a great example to the promoted teams of what togetherness and defensive strength can do and Leicester have both of those attributes.

But doesnt reckon QPR or Burnley will get "chinned 4-0 or 5-0"

But doesnt reckon QPR or Burnley will get "chinned 4-0 or 5-0"

Because Burnley apparently have a team that's composed of 'future England stars' yet we've clearly only got Nugent and a winning mentality, which bizarrely is always turned against us in these previews.

With the small pitch at Loftus Road he shouldn’t have to move around too much, and he has so much know how.

What a bizarre comment. Do QPR play on a 5-a-side pitch? :dunno:

Edited by Corky

Understand what you're saying about Filbo but I'm not sure why we can't get into teams faces this season. We were good at that last season weren't we? (Vardy was anyway).

Understand what you're saying about Filbo but I'm not sure why we can't get into teams faces this season. We were good at that last season weren't we? (Vardy was anyway).

think he's meaning more fans/atmosphere making it an uncomfortable place to go as opposed to players. it's all bullshit anyway, in recent times the most old skool feel grounds that multi millionaires would turn up to and think what the fúcking hell is this would've been blackpool, qpr, burnley etc and all of them went back down pretty quickly. 

southampton, swansea, reading, west brom etc were not exactly known for hostile atmospheres, all play nice enough football in new/well equipped grounds and all stayed up quite well for a while at least. no reason why we can't follow suit just because our ground isn't falling down and our fans aren't nearly on the pitch. 

• Like 2