Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

In the words of Jose Mourinho. "Ask Jamie Redknapp because he knows so much about football." Pause.

QPR have made 2 good signings Mauricio Isla and Steven Caulker. Mutch was overrated at Cardiff and Ferdinand is past it. Unless they make more signings I fail to see how they've bridged the gap between us and them from last season.

Burnley look as if they are gonna give it a crack with what they have and seem resigned to going down.

I fail to see how either of the teams who came up with us are suddenly better sides than we are.

• Like 3

We might indeed get chineed 4-0 or 5-0 on occaision - that can happen when you try to attack good opponents. 

and as previous seasons have proved, the big 4 have been susceptible to some major spankings. so we shouldn't worry about that.

Matt Le Tissier thinks us and Burnley for the drop,QPR to be the surprise package of the season   :yawn:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/29329/9416647/matt-le-tissiers-premier-league-season-201415-predictions

I was reading this morning that Glen Hoddle is being brought in as coach. That imo will improve them a lot, they might do well after all.

Matt le tosser recons well get relegated !

Matt le tissier what a complete tool and sounds like a right Arry bum love tw@ with his comments on sky sports news !!

Who will get relegated?

Matt: You’re always looking at the promoted sides and I think that Burnley and Leicester will go down (although I think QPR will do better than people expect). My other team to go down would be Aston Villa – I just don't think they've bought well enough so far.

Enough said really Matt the tw@ !!

Who will be the surprise package?

Matt: I was tempted to say Stoke because I think they will push on under Mark Hughes this season and I think Bojan could be an inspired signing. However, it’s easy to forget that they finished ninth last season and I can’t see them finishing much higher than that. Therefore, I'll go for QPR to do better than people think under Harry Redknapp.

I think it's more the fact that we, who earned 102 points and destroyed the Championship last year, are being tipped to go down by more pundits than a QPR that finished 22 points behind us and chronically underachieved. 

The feeling is that we're being underestimated by the outside world, although I hope every other Premier League side has also underestimated us too. We'll cause a lot more shocks that way.

Not sure why anyone can be criticised for tipping us to go down. We're all expecting a struggle?

That idiot has never liked us and always given us derogatory comments I don't think we will struggle I believe NP has put together a strong squad to compete at this level I actually think we will surprise a few people this season and if NP sees us struggling I'm sure he will bring in the players needed to do the job !!

Not sure why QPR are being tipped to stay up by most of these pundits anyway, literally the worst team I've seen get promoted.

This was the team that played in their last friendly, now they have a couple of players to add to that, but I'm not exactly shaking in my boots, they still don't have the creativity in the team. Remy and Tarrabt haven't played for them at all pre season, and must surely be on their way out again.

Green, Simpson (Phillips 68), Caulker, Ferdinand (Hill 57), Dunne (Onuoha 57), Wright-Phillips, Barton, Faurlin (Henry 68), Mutch, Hoilett (Zamora 57), Austin.

This was the team that played in their last friendly, now they have a couple of players to add to that, but I'm not exactly shaking in my boots, they still don't have the creativity in the team. Remy and Tarrabt haven't played for them at all pre season, and must surely be on their way out again.

Green, Simpson (Phillips 68), Caulker, Ferdinand (Hill 57), Dunne (Onuoha 57), Wright-Phillips, Barton, Faurlin (Henry 68), Mutch, Hoilett (Zamora 57), Austin.

Don't get me wrong they have some very decent players, but as a team last season, they were average and absolutely nowhere near what we had. Its alright bringing these new highly rated players in such as Ferdy and Caulker but it takes time to build a team.

I couldn't really care less what people outside the club think of us. From the outside looking in, people look at the few additions we have made since coming up and think we're still 'a Championship team' with no Premier League quality. You could forgive them for that, because our squad does look a little thin. We all know, having watched our progression throughout last season and having seen pre-season, what we're going to be like. I'd much rather be the underdogs and surprise people than be in QPR's position, who everyone thinks will do just fine, and end up crumbling under the pressure.

I'm quietly confident about our season and I'm sure the players and coaching staff are too.