Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

It's quite funny that the supporters having a go at vardy i.e. Sunderland, Man United, West Brom. Are all teams that he's tore apart in some of the games we've played them.

I have noticed this. Its like they are embarrassed by him tearing their team a new arsehole so must discredit him at every opportunity... Then they keep mentioning his age like its a bad thing, as if he is slow and unfit... He is a player for here and now just like the rest of the squad and is one of the quickest, if not the quickest player in the squad, he is certainly the fittest.

He runs about a lot and plays for the new media darlings Leicester

lol I forgot every man and his dog backing us to go straight down in our first season back and then making the same prediction after we finished 14th made us darlings.  He's just mad we made it impossible for the papers to deny we pulled of the greatest escape before getting back to business as usual of shafting us where possible.

These entertain me no end:

Graham has scored more goals in a single season in the top flight than Vardy ever will.

12? Vardy's already got 2 out of four games. :)

Aye. That's the thing I don't get about his selection. He's hardly a young kid with room for improvement.

Yeah, he's a 28-year old with room for improvement. Even the more impressive, if you ask me.

Good luck to the lad, but players like him are the reason why we are so ****in shite.

lol No, luv. The reason why England are so "shite" at tournaments is because the teams in the past could never really live up to the hype and ultimately got found out.

Riyad Mahrez – An In-Depth Look Into The Early Season Sensation

Sep 6, 2015

Before the season started, I was told to watch out for Riyad Mahrez as he was set to light the division on fire in 2015/16. After hearing that Claudio Ranieri was taking over at the KP Stadium, I thought Leicester were set for relegation and I didn’t think that any individual players at the club could make an impression. After the opening four rounds of fixtures, it’s clear that Leicester have continued their form from last season. In addition to impressive team performances, Mahrez, Jamie Vardy and Marc Albrighton have given some of the best individual performances to date.

riyadmahrez.png

The Algerian is 24 and while he has always had potential, he hasn’t really been able to be consistent in his game. It is still early in the season, but it looks like the midfielder is going to add that this year and if he does, he could emerge as one of the most in-demand players in the league. He is primarily a right winger, but he can also play on the left or through the centre. This versatility is a huge part of his game as it has made him comfortable in any area of the final third, which allows him to move across the front line during a match. This makes him very difficult to mark and to predict.

His style of play is dynamic and he is very intelligent in the final third, which prevents him from wasting possession when Leicester have it. This is crucial as Ranieri’s men aren’t going to dominate many teams in the division and they must be clinical when chances come their way. Mahrez is a complete player in the final third as he can dribble, cross and is a great finisher. His movement has looked excellent at times this season, and it isn’t surprising to see him at the top of the goal scoring charts. The winger can also threaten from distance. He has all the attributes to keep this form going and have a great season.

He already has four goals to his name this season, which is the same number that he scored over the entirety of last season. It’s clear that he has done lots of work over the summer and that he is determined to become the star of the Leicester team. His relationship with Marc Albrighton, Jamie Vardy and Shinji Okazaki allows Leicester to play a fluid attacking style with all four switching positions during attacks.

Mahrez gets 60% of his shots on target, which is an impressive ratio for a winger and highlights his confidence in front of goal. He is also creating a chance every 36.5 minutes, which is incredible and if he keeps this form up, he could easily emerge as a target for bigger clubs. It’s unfair to judge the Leicester player on just four matches, but he is beginning to make a name for himself and it will begin to get harder for him as a result. Teams will start to set up plans to stop him and then it will become clearer whether he can continue to improve, or if Leicester is his limit.

The Algerian recently extended his contract to 2019, which will make it harder for clubs who become interested in Mahrez. It is sad that if a player at a club like Leicester has a spell of good form that they are immediately linked with a move away, but that is modern football. Before the deadline, he was linked with a move to Arsenal, while Liverpool and Tottenham do like to target players from other Premier League clubs. The next few months will be crucial for Mahrez as he tries to show he is better than just a flash in the pan and that he is here to stay.

What is sunderlands obsession with us? Every other day there seems to be a thread about us or one of our players lol

They'd like to be us. Simple as.

It's even funnier when you think that they ought to be more obsessed with their Northeastern rivalry with Newcastle.

What is sunderlands obsession with us? Every other day there seems to be a thread about us or one of our players lol

It's because their one big achievement in English football was their miraculous escape 2 seasons ago and we went and upstaged them in our first year back. lol

Be funnier when we're winning the FA cup.

There are a few interesting posts going on at the same time.

Re Sunderland.  You have to feel sorry for Sunderland fans, they hate us cus they aint us (The Interview).  We may constantly get written off but City turn things around and show what they are made of and the media/fans take notice, Sunderland constantly live up to what is expected of them.  I would be bitter if I lived in the armpit of England with no industry, living in the shadow of the more stylish and cultured city of Newcastle knowing that the only jobs are data entry government roles which are always first to be outsourced. I can honestly say I have never met a Sunderland fan.  

Re Mahrez.  It's strange reading these type of reports, much like the end of the season reports, as they aren't telling us anything that we don't already know but it's nice that others are catching up.

Re The mirror reporter.  The problem with pundits giving their predictions is that they aren't held accountable when they go horribly wrong but when it goes right they claim to be a fountain of knowledge.  I listen to a lot of football podcast, professional ones not fan casts and it is amazing how little people know about teams other than the top 5.  The Guardian football weekly was my favourite until City got into the Prem.  

• Like 1

Sunderland fans seem to be looking for a rivalry with a team they can better.

They can't do it with the mags however bad they are n Boro are on the up and look to replace them.

For some reason they have picked us lol lol lol

They would have been better with Darlington Harrogate or Hull lol lol lol

Or Gravesend utd.

lol should have been Gateshead lol

Edited by sylofox

I don't know if it's worse that people actively stalk their forums for threads about us or that there actually are threads about us in times like this where there is next to nothing Leicester City related going on.

Nothing wrong with checking out other forums.

Just sad they have nothing good to say about us other than odd poster.

Man City forum say's a lot of good about us and Chelsea.

Sunderland seem to do nothing other than put us down.

I am not hurt find it funny they want to pick on us like we are a local rival.

Bit like people on here with Burnley, Watford and seemingly this season Bournemouth. Seems to just be divisional rivals people have a problem with. I get it during game week but over a whole season it seems odd to me to be so interested in what they have to say.

Bit like people on here with Burnley, Watford and seemingly this season Bournemouth. Seems to just be divisional rivals people have a problem with. I get it during game week but over a whole season it seems odd to me to be so interested in what they have to say.

Watford was more laughing with pity at deeney day still being a thing - I don't think anyone here actually cares about them; Bournemouth there's been some grumblings about the media love in but the major vitrol was immediately before and after a match (which is fair) - only really Burnley is a fair comment and even then we didn't really care about them until Dyche started acting all small time and petty. We've not really done anything like that to Sunderland.

We've not really done anything like that to Sunderland.

I Know we a hundred of miles apart no rivalry both have MON in common, I thought about it and i think what it all comes down to them being bitter and pissed off with their Club (rightfully so) because they seem to have no ambition just play season to season, Then we come along, I'll admit they have a good fanbase the problem is that they see themselves as bigger because of stadium size but we have real ambition and drive as well as a great fanbase and are starting to look like a real side not just a 1 season wonder and this pisses them off

Jealousy is ugly emotion it can make you say the most redonkulous stuff, and that's what it looks like some of the Sunderland forum lot are

Edit; Have to say there probably wouldn't be a problem with them talking smack online if it wasn't for the few retarded cretin so called Leicester fans that opened up a account on their forum and started to post shit on there on a regular basis and still are.

Edited by Freesolo
  • Like 1