Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I Know we a hundred of miles apart no rivalry both have MON in common, I thought about it and i think what it all comes down to them being bitter and pissed off with their Club (rightfully so) because they seem to have no ambition just play season to season, Then we come along, I'll admit they have a good fanbase the problem is that they see themselves as bigger because of stadium size but we have real ambition and drive as well as a great fanbase and are starting to look like a real side not just a 1 season wonder and this pisses them off

Jealousy is ugly emotion it can make you say the most redonkulous stuff, and that's what it looks like some of the Sunderland forum lot are

Edit; Have to say there probably wouldn't be a problem with them talking smack online if it wasn't for the few retarded cretin so called Leicester fans that opened up a account on their forum and started to post shit on there on a regular basis and still are.

I agree that it's jealousy. They'd never admit that but I'd class us as yet another club, like Southampton, Palace, Stoke etc... who've surpassed Sunderland who are quite frankly the most stale club in the division.

• Like 1

I agree that it's jealousy. They'd never admit that but I'd class us as yet another club, like Southampton, Palace, Stoke etc... who've surpassed Sunderland who are quite frankly the most stale club in the division.

I think this is the answer.

I think they're annoyed that a club they think is beneath them, due to us being outside the top flight for a decade and stadium size, is performing better than them and looks like it might be on its way up.

Doesn't help that we've taken their "greatest escape" claim away from them, either.

REAL SOCIEDAD boss David Moyes admits he had offers to make a return to the Premier League this summer.

The 52-year-old only joined Sociedad 10 months ago and admits he wants to see through what he started in San Sebastian.

Premier League outfits Leicester, Sunderland and West Ham were looking for new managers during the off season.

The Scot told El Diario Vasco: "This summer I received a lot of offers to return to the Premier League.

"But I have decided to stay here because I believe in this project and I believe in the players we have – players who I know much better now."

Moyes has a wealth of experience working in England's top flight following his 11 years at Everton between 2002 and 2013 before replacing Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United.

He was sacked at Old Trafford after just 10 months - April last year - as he failed to guide United to a top-four finish.

I slagged him off for the job he did at Man Utd but he was destined to fail from the start, pretty much anyone replacing Fergie was on a road to ruin, however compare him to the job Van Gaal has done/is doing and think it's fair to say Moyes was shit on, Van Gaal hasn't done any better - Ok he's got them Champions League football back but that only because the standard of the PL was lower last season imo.

As for Moyes coming here, when we were looking for a new manager he was up there on my list, but wouldn't have been my first choice, he would have beat Ranieri for me though, on hindsight, who cares (Providing Ranieri keeps it up and has abit of longevity here - As I kept saying my main issue surrounding Ranieri's appointment), would be interesting to know if it was us after Moyes though, put it this way it's something else to talk about other than a bleeding Sunderland forum.

Edited by Matt

Man Utd will fail every manager, unless one of them takes them to the top 3 again.

This season is one of the most important for Van Gaal the most, followed by Rodgers.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Man Utd will fail every manager, unless one of them takes them to the top 3 again.

This season is one of the most important for Van Gaal the most, followed by Rodgers.

In all honestly Man Utd needed to give Moyes more time. Can't imagine how difficult it must have been following Fergie after 25 years. He needed to put his own stamp on it. Instead LVG has been given the time and funds to put his own stamp and it's just as rotten as what they had before. No manager is going to live up to Fergie, but if they just keep chipping and changing managers and throwing money at it they'll never get back to where they were. I can't help but feel they've lost a little something that made them different since LVG came in too, there's barely a youth player in the squad, something they prided themselves on for many years. I'd like to Giggs given the job next and given time to grow into the role and build his own legacy.

In all honestly Man Utd needed to give Moyes more time. Can't imagine how difficult it must have been following Fergie after 25 years. He needed to put his own stamp on it. Instead LVG has been given the time and funds to put his own stamp and it's just as rotten as what they had before. No manager is going to live up to Fergie, but if they just keep chipping and changing managers and throwing money at it they'll never get back to where they were. I can't help but feel they've lost a little something that made them different since LVG came in too, there's barely a youth player in the squad, something they prided themselves on for many years. I'd like to Giggs given the job next and given time to grow into the role and build his own legacy.

United needed to get Moyes in about 5 years before Fergie retired as his assistant.

They then needed to keep Fergie in as some sort of director of football for a year or two.

Edited by AKCJ

tbh van gaal is just as shit as moyes was for Utd but they wont be screaming for his blood yet.  I think they will be by Xmas though, they dont look like a champion winning side at all

i would of accepted moyes as manager, he was good at everton

there may well be some way that he manages to trump cambiasso's performances (doubtful but here's hoping) but not a chance he'll be as loveable or almost unanimously appreciated. just something about the lil baldy that makes him more likeable than pretty much anyone else who's ever played football. we could've signed messi, iniesta and xavi to replace him but it still wouldn't be as good. 

there may well be some way that he manages to trump cambiasso's performances (doubtful but here's hoping) but not a chance he'll be as loveable or almost unanimously appreciated. just something about the lil baldy that makes him more likeable than pretty much anyone else who's ever played football. we could've signed messi, iniesta and xavi to replace him but it still wouldn't be as good. 

gökhan and cambiasso are like toblerone and steak, they're both great

Edited by filbertstreet
  • Like 1

Inler showed last night he's a very similar player to Cambiasso, pinging the ball around, always finding space, getting his foot in and organising the team for set pieces and in general play. I'm really looking forward to him playing for us, I rate both King and Drinkwater but Inler is clearly a step up, much like Esteban was last season.