Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

55 minutes ago, Manini said:

Yeah mate it’ll be mix of Service Crew/MOT lot, be some choice behaviour I’m sure, as there always is at anything “Leeds”, but it’s a decent little card and a good venue so I’m excited. 

Presumably it's the Rugby League side of Headingley?

My boy has his first career pro fight on 9th Sept in Worksop, Notts

He’s fighting their up and coming star (so on away turf) but plenty of Leicester peeps will be there to back him on

I’ll feedback how he does👍
I’d post a couple of photos of him but it always says the files too large?

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Class atmosphere when Warrington came out, but an absolutely perfect scenario for Eddie in the end lol 

I thought the lads next to me where going to tear Headingley down when Michael said it was a draw. 

Edited by Manini
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Raj said:

So that fraud David Jaye won his "fight " with his billionaire beat mate in a farcical set up.

And then calls out "Fat dosser" Tyson Fury as he knows "his kryptonite".

David Haye is such a w@nker.

Mainstream boxing is so shit now. All these comebacks of guys in their 40s and 50s fighting youtubers. Who are these people buying it?

Meanwhile, we can’t get Joshua v Fury because of stupid court cases and rematch clauses. Getting really bored of it.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Mainstream boxing is so shit now. All these comebacks of guys in their 40s and 50s fighting youtubers. Who are these people buying it?

Meanwhile, we can’t get Joshua v Fury because of stupid court cases and rematch clauses. Getting really bored of it.

Looking forward to Joshua v Usyk if that ever goes ahead.

Love Usyk. Proper boxer 

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Looking forward to Joshua v Usyk if that ever goes ahead.

Love Usyk. Proper boxer 

No doubt Usyk is a proper boxer, the disparity in size will make it incredibly difficult for him though. There's a massive weight difference, possibly over 3 stones.

If Joshua is clever enough (and quick enough), he should lean on Usyk, clinch and tie him as much as possible for the first few rounds. That will impact hugely on the speed Usyk can work at in the 2nd half of the fight. I can't get away from that old adage of 'a good big 'un will always beat a good little 'un'.

On 11/09/2021 at 04:14, Col city fan said:

Cheers for asking mate

Yes, he fought last night in his first ever pro bout.

Put up a spirited show and earnt a draw

👍

This is a personal question and I'm not sure if I really have the right to ask but I will anyway. What sort of money do professional boxers earn at the start of their careers in 2021? Such a tough game to get rewarded well in, unless you're making noises.

If it is too personal, feel free to ignore me lol

4 hours ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

This is a personal question and I'm not sure if I really have the right to ask but I will anyway. What sort of money do professional boxers earn at the start of their careers in 2021? Such a tough game to get rewarded well in, unless you're making noises.

Can’t tell you that mi old son

Probs more than you’d think though 

10 hours ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Not that much to be honest depending on how many tickets you can sell. A lad I I used to play football with turned a pro boxer in 2018 and he now earns less than he did than when he was on a building site. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/09/2021 at 22:39, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Not that much to be honest depending on how many tickets you can sell. A lad I I used to play football with turned a pro boxer in 2018 and he now earns less than he did than when he was on a building site. 

That's pretty much what I thought. Tough to earn even decent money unless you're 'padded' to a good record and have good promoters, or you're very good.

Tough sport if you're just earning a living at it.