Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

On 26/04/2021 at 15:05, Greg2607 said:

I WILL just about agree with you on that..... but honestly...... Has Fury ever really been tested at the absolute highest level??  Don't get me wrong, I love tyson fury, I think he is articulate, I think he is a fantastic boxer who can adopt multiple styles..... last few fights though....  Wilder (granted, massive puncher, but rubbish boxer)  Otto Wallin, Tom Schwarz, Wilder again, Pianeta, Seferi, Klitschko, Christian Hamer, Derick Chisora and Joey Abell.....

Arguably, only 2 of those are worthy of note. Wilder and Klitschko.  

AJ's last 10 fights.....Pulev, Andy Ruiz (x2 obviously) Povetkin, Parker, Takam, Klitschko, Molina, Breazeale, Charles Martin, Dillian Whyte...

Feels like there is much more pedigree and world class level boxers in AJ's history than Furys....

I think this is a genuinely 50-50 fight.  I don't think he bullies AJ the way he bullied Wilder last fight, as AJ is better on his feet. he has more ways to tag fury if he is too aggresive. Fury might box on the outside, but i'm not sure his ego lets him....

Hmmm.

I would say Wilder is probably the best win either have with Wlad being the only one you can make any kind of argument for. Which fury did with far less drama than AJ faced against an opponent who was 2 years older.

Seferi and Pianeta were fights he took to get back into it. Fury has also convincingly twice beaten Del Boy up, one in of which is in his last 10, not sure why we are discounting Otto Wallin and then bringing up the likes of Breazeale and Molina as strength of record given Wallin beat Breazeale and Breazeale beat Molina. Not really sure what Takam or Martin have done to be classes as particularly brilliant opponents either. Pulev and Povetkin were both well past it.

Considerably less difference in the two records than people think for me. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

22 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Seen a few people getting upset about the Chisora v Parker result last night. Have to say i thought the scorecards were dodgy but the right result was reached. Thought Parker was the better boxer overall

it was close but 115-113 Parker was right for me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

it was close but 115-113 Parker was right for me.

Yeah definitely. Don't understand the outrage from some about the result. Although Parker didn't look confident he'd won. Guess that was more a case of the fight being in England 

28 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah definitely. Don't understand the outrage from some about the result. Although Parker didn't look confident he'd won. Guess that was more a case of the fight being in England 

Bound to have your doubts if you’re fighting back from a 1st round KD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I love delboy and all that but **** me he needs to just give it up now.

You say that, it was a close fight.

If he can get the rematch on the AJ Joshua undercard might be worth one last payday.

13 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah but how many times can he lose now though he's lost about 10 fights, I think the Whyte fight was the best way to end it imo

His bank balance after two subsequent PPV head line events would disagree.

We all know Del is done, In fact Del was never particularly great to begin with, his career now is about financial stability for the rest of his life. Hence why he talked a rematch up straight away.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

11 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

His bank balance after two subsequent PPV head line events would disagree.

We all know Del is done, In fact Del was never particularly great to begin with, his career now is about financial stability for the rest of his life. Hence why he talked a rematch up straight away.

How skint can he possibly be though he's had some big name fights 

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Anyone use DAZN before ? Just signed up and 1.99 a month can’t argue for a fight the size of Canelo Saunders. Quite good old fights on there. Why is it so cheap ? Would expect it to be at least 10 quid. 

Yeah it's worth it mate. I've used it for Canelo v Smith, Parker v Fa and now Canelo v BJS.

Only issue is you cant use it for the UK fights (In the US they watch the UK PPVs on it too). There's talk of Hearn binning off Sky for DAZN over here though.

10 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Anyone use DAZN before ? Just signed up and 1.99 a month can’t argue for a fight the size of Canelo Saunders. Quite good old fights on there. Why is it so cheap ? Would expect it to be at least 10 quid. 

Edward is leaving Sky and all Matchroom content will be going on there thereafter. 

Expect a price jump shortly after that goes through.

Its good P.R to get the boxing hardcore onboard at the moment.