Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

29 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Does that fact that Mayweather is about 3 foot shorter and nearly 50 give Paul any chance at all of landing a flukey knockdown?

Or is Mayweather even at his age going to be too quick for him to get anywhere near?

If Mayweather wants to finish it in the first minute it will end in the first minute. 

Depends on the small print of the contract I guess and what's been "arranged" 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah but find me any of the Leicester players that would turn it down for the tens of millions Floyd will pocket for it.

If a few had read this forum, reckon they'd be a bit apprehensive lol Perez having entire 11 chasing after him

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If a few had read this forum, reckon they'd be a bit apprehensive lol Perez having entire 11 chasing after him

Mate, Ayoze Perez is a full time, professional athlete with an entire team of personal trainers, fitness coaches and dieticians. He's in peak physical condition compared to us fat lazy fvcks. 

Not only would he probably be gunning to run rings round us all at football, he'd no doubt enjoy kicking the shit out of us all as well. 

And if one or two muscular gym rats on here did happen to be particular dark horses, he'd just have to send his good friend Cags over to batter them. 

50 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Does that fact that Mayweather is about 3 foot shorter and nearly 50 give Paul any chance at all of landing a flukey knockdown?

Or is Mayweather even at his age going to be too quick for him to get anywhere near?

Mayweather will make an absolute mug out of him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mate, Ayoze Perez is a full time, professional athlete with an entire team of personal trainers, fitness coaches and dieticians. He's in peak physical condition compared to us fat lazy fvcks. 

Not only would he probably be gunning to run rings round us all at football, he'd no doubt enjoy kicking the shit out of us all as well. 

And if one or two muscular gym rats on here did happen to be particular dark horses, he'd just have to send his good friend Cags over to batter them. 

Theres a lot more to fighting than simply being fit, it helps obviously. But give me a chain smoking kebab munching horrible c u next Tuesday from the Monsell who knows how to fight over a pampered professional footballer who does not and falls over at the first sign of a bitch slap any day of the week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Theres a lot more to fighting than simply being fit, it helps obviously. But give me a chain smoking kebab munching horrible c u next Tuesday from the Monsell who knows how to fight over a pampered professional footballer who does not and falls over at the first sign of a bitch slap any day of the week.

Well yeah but it's a (ridiculously hypothetical) football match not an MMA bout. 

On 19/05/2021 at 12:19, Nalis said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/57165286

Wilder doesnt deserve a penny or a fight. He was lucky enough to grace a ring with Fury in the first place.

I know big boxing fans who will be done with the sport if Fury AJ doesnt happen.

What happens if Wilder beats Fury? He catches him, he could go down and not get up. 

That first fight was controversial as Fury clearly dominated throughout and should have been given a win. However Wilder caught him and it’s debatable if Fury made a full count. 

Fury is clearly a better boxer technically than AJ and Wilder. However AJ and Wilder have far more power and could finish a fight in a single punch. 

18 hours ago, Sly said:

What happens if Wilder beats Fury? He catches him, he could go down and not get up. 

That first fight was controversial as Fury clearly dominated throughout and should have been given a win. However Wilder caught him and it’s debatable if Fury made a full count. 

Fury is clearly a better boxer technically than AJ and Wilder. However AJ and Wilder have far more power and could finish a fight in a single punch. 

If Wider wins, he should fight AJ or Usyk. However, I fully expect him to go back to taking on tin cans & journeymen. Maybe he will just retire, although his massive ego will probably get in the way. 

11 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

If Wider wins, he should fight AJ or Usyk. However, I fully expect him to go back to taking on tin cans & journeymen. Maybe he will just retire, although his massive ego will probably get in the way. 

On the evidence of the two fights I can’t see Wilder winning at all.

I thought he may of under estimated Fury in the first and would take the second more seriously. Turns out that wasn’t the case and Fury wasn’t lying when he said he was nowhere near physical peak and it’d be a different in the second fight.

Its heavy weight boxing a I guess and it only takes one shot. Just think he will be extremely lucky to get the chance to land.

• Like 1

On 04/06/2021 at 09:44, RonnieTodger said:

It's embarrassing from Sky to be honest.

Most boxing fans are dead against it, especially with it getting more airtime and promotion than Josh Taylor fighting for (and winning) an undisputed title. 

There were noises from fighters that it was good for the sport, but I generally think that was to tow the Sky/Matchroom party line. Hopefully more start to call it out for what it is. It all started with two Youtubers fighting eachother, but now it's just plain daft.

mayweather summed it up perfectly ,i said i retired from boxing, i did not say i retired from making money

• Haha 3

Literally knocked him out and held him up so the farce could continue. Must have been a bonus for no KO, and taking it to 8 rounds. Embarrassing. Would love it if whoever is next up just lays him out in minute 1 to put an end to this nonsense once and for all.

Edited by indierich06
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Literally knocked him out and held him up so the farce could continue. Must have been a bonus for no KO, and taking it to 8 rounds. Embarrassing. Would love it if whoever is next up just lays him out in minute 1 to put an end to this nonsense once and for all.

Had seen the headlines, but bloody hell Mayweather is holding the guy up there. 

Think as everyone has suggested, he was paid to make the fight last

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

All so a bunch of deluded YouTubers and internet weirdos can claim that he won some kind of moral victory. Absolutely embarrassing.

All a farce, this guy was beaten by another youtuber it is clear mayweather held him up and also just allowed the fight to continue so people got their monies worth. Would have been bad if he just knocked him out inside 2/3 rounds. I doubt mayweather even bothered to put in a proper training camp lol 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Well unlike the MMA guys fighting his brother, Floyd was never going to take money to throw the fight. Absolutely wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Woodley has been paid to go down. 

But this is literally how the Mayweather fight was always going to go. The clue was in the fact there were no judges, Floyd is a tenth of his size and is well known for points victories. 

It was an exhibition, no different to him fighting some Japanese kick boxer for a laugh. 

4 hours ago, TK95 said:

Imagine this dude making to the Forbes list though. Making millions from boxing without winning a single fight lol

Made more from two fights and not won then most boxers would their whole career even with winning records 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

People actually pay to watch such nonsense?

This is the problem. As annoying as all the social media types are, it's the morons paying for this shit that I don't understand. Each to their own, and it's their money to waste I guess. I don't if too hate the likes of Paul or respect the fact they are using peoples stupidity to get ridiculously rich.