Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

On 19/05/2021 at 11:41, RonnieTodger said:

I can't think of a more self-destructive sport than boxing, but it's always been like this.

To have 4 main governing bodies sanctioning different things, fragmenting belts and messing up big fights, alongside promoters and lawyers acting selfishly, it's actually a big achievement to get an undisputed fight made.

Crawford and Spence wont fight each other, Khan v Brook never happened, Mayweather v Pacquiao happened 5 years too late. Go back further and Lewis v Bowe never happened.

I mean yes and no, Tv company’s and a huge amount of  casual fans don’t help. I can bet hardly anyone knows Josh Taylor’s got a unification fight this weekend and that’s because it’s stuck on shitty Fite TV.

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I mean yes and no, Tv company’s and a huge amount of  casual fans don’t help. I can bet hardly anyone knows Josh Taylor’s got a unification fight this weekend and that’s because it’s stuck on shitty Fite TV.

Tell me about it and it's £13 ppv, how shite is that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

That's fighting talk, this sounds like a £100m foxestalk boxing match

Okay drinking on weeknights is one thing but in the mornings too?

Mate, be kinder to yourself.

On 28/05/2021 at 23:23, Finnegan said:

It's funny that that's where we go as Brits, the Americans seem to be near universally blaming Arum and suggesting he's had Eddie's pants down. 

I think anyone actually blaming Eddie doesn't have a clue what they are talking about tbh. I think his comment was tongue in cheek.

Quite obvious who's to blame it just a question of whether it was a deliberate ploy or not.

6 hours ago, Durnerz said:

Just watched Haney vs Linares on DAZN and Haney looked very good, slightly devoid of KO power but Linares really was looking for the one shot all night. 

Yes it was a decent fight but not brilliant, Haney definitely does lack power and I think he is well behind Teofimo Lopez ability wise, Linares is on the way out now I think.

Rare women's boxing comment, Katie Taylor don't want non of Chantellle Cameron though I be telling you that. 

• Like 1

Can any hardcore/proper boxing follower help with the general opinion/consensus on the "fight" tomorrow, and the increase in YouTuber boxing matches? I'm so far outside it all I have no idea.

I seem to remember originally there was some welcoming noises as it bought more eyes to the sport(???), but I don't know if it's reached critical mass with what's taking place tomorrow or not with proper boxing followers.

Saw a clip when Sky bought the rights to the fight and their pundit was trying to big Jake Paul up on his chances of winning, couldn't decide if he meant it or whether he was internally cringing as he followed the editorial guideline of building jeopardy.

It's embarrassing from Sky to be honest.

Most boxing fans are dead against it, especially with it getting more airtime and promotion than Josh Taylor fighting for (and winning) an undisputed title. 

There were noises from fighters that it was good for the sport, but I generally think that was to tow the Sky/Matchroom party line. Hopefully more start to call it out for what it is. It all started with two Youtubers fighting eachother, but now it's just plain daft.

Not a boxing fan, but seems ridiculous that a bloke having only fought a fellow YouTuber twice, and lost, is suddenly able to get in the ring with one the best fighters of this era? 

Would be like a FT 11 rocking up at the KP to give Leicester a game. 

23 hours ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Eddie just changed boxing TV in the UK forever, this Dazn deal is seismic 

Sky TV will surly turn to Frank Warren now ? They can’t be without a cornerstone sport like boxing 

Eddie Hearn is the jesus christ of boxing and we are all his disciples.

On 03/06/2021 at 14:31, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Eddie just changed boxing TV in the UK forever, this Dazn deal is seismic 

Sky TV will surly turn to Frank Warren now ? They can’t be without a cornerstone sport like boxing 

Cant can they he is under contract with BT for some time.

I believe Sky still have the rights on AJ and Whyte.