Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Anyone give BJS a hope against Alvarez tonight?

He certainly talks a good fight but I’d want much better odds than 4/1 to even be tempted 

Really wanna stay up and watch it but I know it be past 5 am before it starts. Might turn my phone on aeroplane mode and watch it when I wake up without knowing who’s won. I really fancy BJS tonight to get a result. Canelo I don’t get it, GGG won the first fight and the 2nd was a draw. Who’s canelo beat in their prime ? A washed up Kovalev ? Danny jacobs ? A finished cotto ? Old man Mosley ? Hype job Callum smith who got smashed up by Jon Ryder the fight before ? I don’t believe the hype with canelo at all. 

Canelo was landing the more devastating punches so I guess the judges went for that but the scores were not a reflection on Billy Joes performance.

Looked like a broken orbital with how it swelled instantly. Just the same as Kell Brooks vs GGG. I tip my sombrero to Canelo though, what a fighter.

On 09/05/2021 at 21:08, Sly said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/COo65JYFYPd/?igshid=1jqp210gwvrfk

Video of the shot that broken the cheekbone of BJS. 

After the stick he gave Dubois for having a similar injury, it’s quite hypercritical (however right) that the corner stopped it. 

I think there’s a bit of difference from what I’ve heard. 

Dubois had a cracked orbital lobe apparently BJS has a displaced fracture on top of a number of other smaller fractures.

Canelo has absolutely totalled the upper part of the right hand side of his face apparently.

This is why he was dancing around waving his arms in the air before the fight was over which is not very Canelo. He said post fight “I knew I’d broken his cheek bone”, there’s only two ways you know that, you feel it snap or you hear it snap and either way the resulting injury is going to be pretty horrific.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

9 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I think there’s a bit of difference from what I’ve heard. 

Dubois had a cracked orbital lobe apparently BJS has a displaced fracture on top of a number of other smaller fractures.

Canelo has absolutely totalled the upper part of the right hand side of his face apparently.

This is why he was dancing around waving his arms in the air before the fight was over which is not very Canelo. He said post fight “I knew I’d broken his cheek bone”, there’s only two ways you know that, you feel it snap or you hear it snap and either way the resulting injury is going to be pretty horrific.

I was just reading about it, sounds like he made quite a mess of it. 

Broken cheekbone and eye socket in three places.

I'm not saying UFC is perfect but I really wish top level boxing had one, unified governing body responsible for this sort of arbitration, scheduling fights, etc. 

I prefer boxing to MMA but the infrastructure of boxing is an absolutely disgusting mess, run by wannabe and even actual gangsters just milking it for silly money. 

The AJ Fury saga and this nonsense with Wilder forcing a third bout just really puts me off following the sport more than I do. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not saying UFC is perfect but I really wish top level boxing had one, unified governing body responsible for this sort of arbitration, scheduling fights, etc. 

I prefer boxing to MMA but the infrastructure of boxing is an absolutely disgusting mess, run by wannabe and even actual gangsters just milking it for silly money. 

The AJ Fury saga and this nonsense with Wilder forcing a third bout just really puts me off following the sport more than I do. 

I know very little about either sport other than I enjoy watching two guys try and batter each other.

UFC seems to consistently pit top fighters against each other on a regular basis. Boxing seems to be a shambles in comparison.

49 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I can't think of a more self-destructive sport than boxing, but it's always been like this.

To have 4 main governing bodies sanctioning different things, fragmenting belts and messing up big fights, alongside promoters and lawyers acting selfishly, it's actually a big achievement to get an undisputed fight made.

Crawford and Spence wont fight each other, Khan v Brook never happened, Mayweather v Pacquiao happened 5 years too late. Go back further and Lewis v Bowe never happened.

• Like 1