Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marmite

Birmingham

So this is obviously my forte (check the username).

I think it's a real shame that this is on a Sunday as, despite the bad press our City gets, there's genuinely a good day to be had here and I'm sure the televised game and work the next day will put a few off. I won't bore you with all my suggestions for a day out but fill you in on the drinking holes of Brum. I wouldn't recommend any groups of people to drink anywhere near the ground, I live in Digbeth, around a 10min walk from the ground and often see/hear trouble on a Saturday - not always football related but there are a fair few idiots that drink around there. Digbeth however has a wealth of good pubs, if you're in small numbers and looking for a few quiet pints before the game then it's well worth checking out. There's pretty much a pub on every corner of Digbeth, the large majority serve real ales, pub food and have a great atmosphere. 'The Anchor' and 'The Back Swan' probably being the pick of them and also the safest/friendliest. 'The Anchor' frequently wins CAMRA pub of the year and the locals are great. From 'The Anchor' you are about a 20-25min walk from the ground with plenty of places to eat along the way. 'The Old crown' is also en route and is the oldest pub in Brum, criminally only has 1 (ONE!!) real ale, however it's still a nice pub and has probably the biggest beer garden in the area.

If you're coming in numbers then I'd recommend drinking in the city centre and there are still some good pubs around. If you want cheap beers, shit music and idiots everywhere then head to BroadStreet. I'm not saying I never go but I detest the place, it does has it upsides though and there's numerous places to drink cheap lager.

If you fancy a better beer then I'd head to Bennet's Hill, just off new Street where there are a few real ale pubs (The Wellington or Old Joint Stock) and also a few WeatherSpoons. All do good food, nice beer and you won't have any trouble. All a fair distance to the ground though and I'd either give yourself a good 40mins or taxi/bus to the ground/Digbeth.

Any questions about the trip, just ask.

Sunday 16th October 2011

Kick Off 1.00pm

We have received an initial allocation of 2764 tickets for this match, with more tickets available if required

Ticket prices are as follows;

Adults £30.00, Seniors £18.00, Students aged 19-22 in full time education and with a valid NUS card £18.00, Juveniles 13-18 £13.00 uNDER 13'S £7.00

Tickets are on sale:

Mon 3rd Oct- Priority 1 STH

Tues 4th Oct- Priority 2 STH

Weds 5th Oct- Priority 3 STH

Thurs 6th Oct - Members

Fri 7th Oct- General sale

Fox Travel Coaches will depart from King Power Stadium at 10.30am

Price are as follows:

Season Ticket Holders

Over 18 STH £15.00

Under 18 STH £13.00

Non Season Ticket Holders

Over 18 £18.00

Under 18 £16.00

http://www.lcfc.com/page/AwayTickets/0,,10274,00.html

On a purely selfish point of view, I'm glad they are that much. I couldnt go anyway due to work commitments, and my family wont go at those prices so I'm glad I'm not missing out.

But those prices are ridiculous. A game on BBC, on a Sunday and they charge £30, thought they would be cheap.

Least its on BBC so I can tape it and watch it later.

For anyone thinking of going on the train from Leicester, be warned that there are maintenance works on the line meaning that all trains to Birmingham require you to change at Derby (taking twice as long as they would otherwise). Also note that the first train will only get you to Birmingham at 12.09, meaning you will have to go pretty much straight to the ground.

Is their an upper tier section? never been to St Andrew's

Yes, we won't have it though.

We'll be behind the goal and have around 1/3 to 1/2 of the stand. It's not a bad away end and you can definitely make some noise. St Andrews can generate a good atmosphere when they're playing well or up for it. Though equally can be shockingly quiet.

Archived