Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Here comes the moan in

Why do people say this?

If players in their actual position play well people want to move them around in another position thinking they will still play as well in that position.

Leave Peltier at right back where he is a good player not move him to centre midfield because our current midfield crop isn't up to it, then leaving us with a lesser player at right back.

I think Pearson saying some people have 'delusions of grandeur' can be answered by the following question, regardless of the money spent, what do we seriously expect of the current batch of players? Lets be honest they are not up to it. I think we have a good bunch of individual players but they are too inconsistent and do not fit with each other. Gallagher for example fits this bill. What is his position? Why can he not perform for even 2,3 games on the trot. Wellens I am afraid is past his best and as a result Andy King is suffering. granted he isnt helping himself but he needs players around to allow him to ghost into the oppositions penalty box but he doesn't have that support anymore. The irony is these 3 examples were Pearsons signings however, this is a different set of circumstances to those of a vibrant tem which had just achieved promotion. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since then.

Where as the of the new signings who has performed well. Nugent, possibly but even he has dipped in form and in body language too. Danns I feel sorry for. He is a central midfielder and should be played as one and not alternating with another unnatural right sided player in Gallagher but he isn't thus his form has suffered and he hasn't reached the form he achieved at Palace. Beckford? Well he needs service from two natural flank players and a strike partner to compliment him. I think it would be wrong to just assume that this would be Nugent. Also, support from King would be an advantage but, as explained, King cant play his natural role because he doesn't have a player to compliment him. So, the problems persist. Matt Mills, horrendous body language.

I think Pearson saying some people have 'delusions of grandeur' can be answered by the following question, regardless of the money spent, what do we seriously expect of the current batch of players? Lets be honest they are not up to it. I think we have a good bunch of individual players but they are too inconsistent and do not fit with each other. Gallagher for example fits this bill. What is his position? Why can he not perform for even 2,3 games on the trot. Wellens I am afraid is past his best and as a result Andy King is suffering. granted he isnt helping himself but he needs players around to allow him to ghost into the oppositions penalty box but he doesn't have that support anymore. The irony is these 3 examples were Pearsons signings however, this is a different set of circumstances to those of a vibrant tem which had just achieved promotion. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since then.

Where as the of the new signings who has performed well. Nugent, possibly but even he has dipped in form and in body language too. Danns I feel sorry for. He is a central midfielder and should be played as one and not alternating with another unnatural right sided player in Gallagher but he isn't thus his form has suffered and he hasn't reached the form he achieved at Palace. Beckford? Well he needs service from two natural flank players and a strike partner to compliment him. I think it would be wrong to just assume that this would be Nugent. Also, support from King would be an advantage but, as explained, King cant play his natural role because he doesn't have a player to compliment him. So, the problems persist. Matt Mills, horrendous body language.

"We've got a number of issues that we need to address and I will be working hard to do that. In terms of how the squad has been complied, I am not even going to go there.

I love the way these people who have supposedly been going down for many years yet always think this is the worst team theyve seen .Yet i remember many wasted seasons supporting lcfc and i dare say many more will come in the future.I think they have delusions of grandeur!

Well, given the circumstances and the more or less constant inconsistencies, I can see why some people call it "the worst team they've ever seen".

It's a rather fair assessment.

Edited by MC Prussian