Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Here comes the moan in

You know, the normal. Every player being slated, owners should sack Nigel after what he said post match against Barnsley etc. You didn't miss much again.

I just don't get some people, he set Dyer up with one of those so called "crap long balls" not to mention won everything in the air again......... dare I say one of our most consistent players??? ::Raises flame shield::

• Like 1

Fed up like all other Leicester City Fans at the end of last match but not a boo boy like many I felt like then when walking by the parked up Bentley's and stuff the players tend to brag about and drive these days felt even more down I did manage a smile at the poor bloke who got the car park barrier come down on his head outside the holiday inn ( sorry mate for laughing )

After the big build ups given to the season by the media;

I put the BBC phone in on tonite and got even more fed up with the anti this that and the other brigade give the air time again.

cant help thinking sometimes it's a Ian Stringer ego thing building it up too much with all the twitter rubbish he tweets most days bring back Nev Folger for me. Time to back the team even more than ever what ever team pulls on the blue shirt.

What ever happens will still follow the lads home and away whenever possible a football club to a true fan is not just for christmas it's for life

I think Pearson saying some people have 'delusions of grandeur' can be answered by the following question, regardless of the money spent, what do we seriously expect of the current batch of players? Lets be honest they are not up to it. I think we have a good bunch of individual players but they are too inconsistent and do not fit with each other. Gallagher for example fits this bill. What is his position? Why can he not perform for even 2,3 games on the trot. Wellens I am afraid is past his best and as a result Andy King is suffering. granted he isnt helping himself but he needs players around to allow him to ghost into the oppositions penalty box but he doesn't have that support anymore. The irony is these 3 examples were Pearsons signings however, this is a different set of circumstances to those of a vibrant tem which had just achieved promotion. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since then.

Where as the of the new signings who has performed well. Nugent, possibly but even he has dipped in form and in body language too. Danns I feel sorry for. He is a central midfielder and should be played as one and not alternating with another unnatural right sided player in Gallagher but he isn't thus his form has suffered and he hasn't reached the form he achieved at Palace. Beckford? Well he needs service from two natural flank players and a strike partner to compliment him. I think it would be wrong to just assume that this would be Nugent. Also, support from King would be an advantage but, as explained, King cant play his natural role because he doesn't have a player to compliment him. So, the problems persist. Matt Mills, horrendous body language.

I think that is praps 2 questions.

In august what did we expect. Possible answer promo or a damn goog fight for it.

ATM would like a mid table finish with fight. on current form not sure we will get that.

Probably both, either way he is correct.

I think he means everyone. And I think he's correct.

I still don't understand how expecting not to lose to Barnsley at home is a "delusion of grandeur"...

But hey, what do I know?

• Like 1

I still don't understand how expecting not to lose to Barnsley at home is a "delusion of grandeur"...

But hey, what do I know?

Thats exactly the point. People EXPECTING to beat any team, even though we've proved to not be good enough all season (barring a couple of 45 minutes).

Before the season started many people probably expected us to beat them. His point is those expectations have proved unrealistic. There is no evidence to suggest these players are capable of anything.

Have people changed those expectations, or are they still clinging to them?

Do people still think we are better than all the evidence suggests we are? Ie. Thinking we are better than we are.

That's a delusion of grandeur.

He's not saying people can't be annoyed and disappointed. But I think the vitriol he and the players are receiving is because people haven't adjusted their expectations to what we've seen with our own eyes on the pitch.

• Like 1

Thats exactly the point. People EXPECTING to beat any team, even though we've proved to not be good enough all season (barring a couple of 45 minutes).

Before the season started many people probably expected us to beat them. His point is those expectations have proved unrealistic. There is no evidence to suggest these players are capable of anything.

Do people still think we are better than all the evidence suggests we are? Ie. Thinking we are better than we are.

He's not saying people can't be annoyed and disappointed. But I think the vitriol he and the players are receiving is because people haven't adjusted their expectations to what we've seen with our own eyes on the pitch.

Spot on. People need to stop being so quick to jump to conclusions.

I don't think most fans were expecting the team to automatically beat every team in this league, it was more the expectation of the team actually playing good, entertaining football as a unit.

A minor difference for some, a monumental for me.

The current individual pieces aren't matching, I'm afraid.

Whether you believe it's down to Sven's signings or the left-overs from Pearson's first tenure or because of the managerial merry-go-round and its effects in general is anyone's guess.

Personally, I still believe we sacked Eriksson too early and it was a killer blow for the "consistency" we've all been crying out for for so long.

Also, it'd have helped big-time if Pearson had made it clear that he'd try his best to get this team going when he took over.

I wasn't expecting a major turnaround this late into an ongoing season, but at least put some effort in.

Yet the way he plays his style, the defensive setup (which could be all deliberate, that's my guess), the late subs, the exclusion of "in-form" and fresh players, insisting on using many of his former favourites over others...

Well, added with the arrogant and highly ambiguous "delusions of grandeur" comment it creates a very shabby image of our current manager and sheds a very bad light on his overall attitude.

Coupled with the rather sparse comments coming from the owners (who've made themselves rather rare in recent weeks and months), it doesn't help to win the already disappointed fans over, on the contrary.

It makes matters even worse.

Edited by MC Prussian

We were two points off the play-offs when Sven was sacked.

And Fernandes should've been given a chance.

But hey, what do I know?

I think that the key to our predicament is this notion of expectation. It's not about "expecting not to lose" it is about the team having the positive will to fight to win. This spirit is lacking.

Edited by unreachable

Yes, i expect to beat most other teams at home in this league, given the players, setup and resources we have.

On top of that... i "expect" the players and Manager to expect to beat most teams, and this is where part of the problem lies... if the players..and more importantly the manager dont expect results, they arent going to be surprised when those results dont come.. more importantly they arent going to try anything..do everything to make sure we do beat them.

So we end up with a manager and players...who turn up on a saturday...hoping to win.. but accepting they wont... and perform that way..and dont give a shit, coz ...."well...we didnt really expect to win"

I EXPECT TO WIN...AND IF YOU (players and manager) DONT...THEN FOOK OFF AND LET US GET MANAGER AND PLAYERS WHO DO!

I love the way these people who have supposedly been going down for many years yet always think this is the worst team theyve seen .Yet i remember many wasted seasons supporting lcfc and i dare say many more will come in the future.I think they have delusions of grandeur!

About right there, seen some shocking crap in my time that makes this season look brilliant by comparison.

Yes, i expect to beat most other teams at home in this league, given the players, setup and resources we have.

On top of that... i "expect" the players and Manager to expect to beat most teams, and this is where part of the problem lies... if the players..and more importantly the manager dont expect results, they arent going to be surprised when those results dont come.. more importantly they arent going to try anything..do everything to make sure we do beat them.

So we end up with a manager and players...who turn up on a saturday...hoping to win.. but accepting they wont... and perform that way..and dont give a shit, coz ...."well...we didnt really expect to win"

I EXPECT TO WIN...AND IF YOU (players and manager) DONT...THEN FOOK OFF AND LET US GET MANAGER AND PLAYERS WHO DO!

Why do you expect to win?

Because we spent money? Because we're Leicester? Because we used to be good? That means nothing.

We've proven time and time again the squad isn't as good as what people thought it was, that it's not capable of more than the odd result... So why would you expect to beat everyone?

Do you think teams at the bottom of the league expect to win every game? Or do you think they give it their best shot, but ultimately the players they just aren't good enough?

Man U expect to win because they have proved themselves capable of doing so. Saints and West Ham have proved themselves capable and they expect to others in the league.

I expect the team to try their hardest to win, but I don't expect the win. Especially when I've already seen the team prove itself to be shit under Sven.

Why do you expect to win?

Because we spent money? Because we're Leicester? Because we used to be good? That means nothing.

We've proven time and time again the squad isn't as good as what people thought it was, that it's not capable of more than the odd result... So why would you expect to beat everyone?

Do you think teams at the bottom of the league expect to win every game? Or do you think they give it their best shot, but ultimately the players they just aren't good enough?

Man U expect to win because they have proved themselves capable of doing so. Saints and West Ham have proved themselves capable and they expect to others in the league.

I expect the team to try their hardest to win, but I don't expect the win. Especially when I've already seen the team prove itself to be shit under Sven.

We may be getting bogged in semantics.. Expect... "To look forward to; regard as likely to happen"

i expect it, because i believe the players we have are as good as most in this league,

I expect it because we have a manager who told us he expected to go up this year, which means winning.

i expect it because if our team is organised properly we have one of the best squads in the league

I dont believe we will win every game, but whether im playing or supporting i expect to win... if a players goes out with anything less than an expectation to win, how are they ever going to lift themselves to give it the best possible chance to occur.?

eg

I expect to win... im 1-0 down... i lift my game and give a bit more.

I dont expect to win... im 1-0 down .. i think, "well i didnt expect to win, so...meh" (this is how our manager and most players appeared to me on Sat)

Edited by ozleicester

We may be getting bogged in semantics.. Expect... "To look forward to; regard as likely to happen"

i expect it, because i believe the players we have are as good as most in this league,

I expect it because we have a manager who told us he expected to go up this year, which means winning.

i expect it because if our team is organised properly we have one of the best squads in the league

I dont believe we will win every game, but whether im playing or supporting i expect to win... if a players goes out with anything less than an expectation to win, how are they ever going to lift themselves to give it the best possible chance to occur.?

eg

I dont expect to win... im 1-0 down .. i think, "well i didnt expect to win, so...meh" (this is how our manager and most players appeared to me on Sat)

You are right we are getting bogged down on my word expect (although I will say there is a fine line between positive thinking and arrogance). Lets focus on what he said.

And what you are saying is the definition of delusions of grandeur.

Thinking we are better than all the evidence suggests we are.

You think the players we have are good so you think we should win, even though these individuals when grouped together have failed to show us they are.

About right there, seen some shocking crap in my time that makes this season look brilliant by comparison.

So have we all but if you put into perspective the amount of cash invested in both transfer fees and salaries then I'd say this is about as bad as I've seen since I started watching in 1969 and believe me like other long suffering fans I've suffered some real trash.

eg

Well I think you're wrong on all 3 counts. The players aren't good enough, we're severely lacking in some areas, and I don't ever remember Pearson saying he expects us to get promoted.

Expecting and believing are pretty much the same thing, you could argue the players are going out expecting a win and that's part of the reason they aren't performing. Our best performance of last season (IMO) was against Man City at home. Is that because we expected to win? No, quite the opposite. We knew it would be difficult and we raised our game.

Of course we should be beating Barnsley at home, but I don't know why anyone would be surprised that we lost. Pearson is talking sense in some ways, fans like you who believe our squad is one of the best in the league are living in cloud cuckoo land. He's being truthful, the squad is poor, yes he should be doing better anyway but not only are the players lacking in quality but also some of them seem to have a poor attitude. There's only so much a manager can do sometimes. Like Fernandes, he needs to get rid of these.

Pearson will ultimately be responsible or the destiny of his team but if we could calm down, forget any Sven bias and remember that he's only had 11 games, we might remember the start of both Martin O'Neill and Peter Taylor's reigns.

• 2 weeks later...