Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Here comes the moan in

Wow. We are seriously fvcked. I seriously hope Sven's questionned about this.

We need a huge, huge clear-out this summer, and that'll include the likes of even Beckford sadly.

What that man is saying is scary. If the owners leave, we may be in the same situation as other clubs....

Wow. We are seriously fvcked. I seriously hope Sven's questionned about this.

We need a huge, huge clear-out this summer, and that'll include the likes of even Beckford sadly.

Kasper, Konchesky etc are all on high wages do you suggest we get rid of them these players? These will help us get automatic promotion if not we can kiss good bye to that.

Well if you think about what he is saying is we are in no better or no worse position than most championship clubs. As long as the Owners are here to stay we will be fine, and in all honesty if they wanted to hot foot out of the door at the first sign of struggle, do you think they would have plastered King Power all over the stadium.

This is probably the most worrying phone in of all time

why? the accounts are from last year. the club is still in existence. we knew they were spunking loads of money and putting it all on us getting in the prem.

Edited by Out Foxed

Wtf. Sven said "I haven't been looking at Leicester's results" and in another answer he said "I'm glad Beckford has started scoring"... Well how does he know if he hasn't been looking at our results.

Other than that, nothing learned IMO

All that accountant really said was we're in exactly the same boat as most other championship clubs; in fact some are worse off. Whilst it doesn't sound good it wouldn't matter who owned us; we'd still be in the same situation. Thats just the way football clubs are run nowadays.

Wtf. Sven said "I haven't been looking at Leicester's results" and in another answer he said "I'm glad Beckford has started scoring"... Well how does he know if he hasn't been looking at our results.

Perhaps someone in the studio told him.

Because Stringer told him when he asked the question.

I appreciate Eriksson's comments - true gentleman like always.

• Like 1

What that man is saying is scary. If the owners leave, we may be in the same situation as other clubs....

Kasper, Konchesky etc are all on high wages do you suggest we get rid of them these players? These will help us get automatic promotion if not we can kiss good bye to that.

With Financial Fair Play coming in next year, we're going to have to make cuts, you can only spend what you turn over, say for example we turned over £10mil (I've got absolutely no idea what kind of figure we'd turn over, just for arguments sake use £10mil) that'd mean on wage costs alone we'd be spending £9.5mil+ of that on just wages, leaving us under £500k to spend on ANYTHING else let alone just transfers.

The wage budget's simply got to be cut, if Konchesky's on that kind of money (£25k I've heard) then as much as I feel he's a real asset I think we might have to look around for another left-back, he's getting a bit old and we've simply got to cut that wage bill. Pantsil needs to go, as does Mills, Beckford (won't end rosily IMO) and others who are unnecessary spending.

I'd throw Nugent/Schmeichel in with Konchesky too if they were his kind of age, I just feel in the long-term Konchesky won't be as much use and as good as he is, is it worth throwing a lot of our eggs (limited now) in the basket of an ageing full-back?

Unfortunately, I think a lot of our favourites are going to have to go, simply because of the money they're on, it's totally unsustainable, I mean who the absolute FVCK allowed us to spend that kind of money on wages? People will naturally blame Sven and yes he's got to take some responsibility, but who gave him this money? Who allowed us to spend such an obscene percentage of our turnover on just wages?

Also listening to Sven's interviews, he sums up why I could never hate, or even dislike the bloke. I don't want him in charge and I'm 100% Pearson > Sven but you've got to credit his attitude and his manners, however on the flip side I think it speaks volumes that he's not even watched us since being sacked, showed how much we genuinely were to him.

With Financial Fair Play coming in next year, we're going to have to make cuts, you can only spend what you turn over, say for example we turned over £10mil (I've got absolutely no idea what kind of figure we'd turn over, just for arguments sake use £10mil) that'd mean on wage costs alone we'd be spending £9.5mil+ of that on just wages, leaving us under £500k to spend on ANYTHING else let alone just transfers.

The wage budget's simply got to be cut, if Konchesky's on that kind of money (£25k I've heard) then as much as I feel he's a real asset I think we might have to look around for another left-back, he's getting a bit old and we've simply got to cut that wage bill. Pantsil needs to go, as does Mills, Beckford (won't end rosily IMO) and others who are unnecessary spending.

I'd throw Nugent/Schmeichel in with Konchesky too if they were his kind of age, I just feel in the long-term Konchesky won't be as much use and as good as he is, is it worth throwing a lot of our eggs (limited now) in the basket of an ageing full-back?

Unfortunately, I think a lot of our favourites are going to have to go, simply because of the money they're on, it's totally unsustainable, I mean who the absolute FVCK allowed us to spend that kind of money on wages? People will naturally blame Sven and yes he's got to take some responsibility, but who gave him this money? Who allowed us to spend such an obscene percentage of our turnover on just wages?

Also listening to Sven's interviews, he sums up why I could never hate, or even dislike the bloke. I don't want him in charge and I'm 100% Pearson > Sven but you've got to credit his attitude and his manners, however on the flip side I think it speaks volumes that he's not even watched us since being sacked, showed how much we genuinely were to him.

I don't think it will be a problem next season, at all but it is imperative we go up by next season at the very latest if not we can do what you are suggesting.

I don't think it will be a problem next season, at all but it is imperative we go up by next season at the very latest if not we can do what you are suggesting.

But in order to spend next season we have literally no choice but to cut the wage bill. As I put it, I couldn't tell you what we turn over, if it's £10mil then with our current wages we can only spend £430k on EVERYTHING else, that's more than transfer fees etc... basically if we don't have a clear out, we won't be signing a single player.

But in order to spend next season we have literally no choice but to cut the wage bill. As I put it, I couldn't tell you what we turn over, if it's £10mil then with our current wages we can only spend £430k on EVERYTHING else, that's more than transfer fees etc... basically if we don't have a clear out, we won't be signing a single player.

I see your point, but don't forget that the rules will be exactly the same for every other team in the division. Sure, maybe it affects us more than most, but I'm guessing our turnover is one of the biggest in the league. I'm not too worried - other clubs will have to slash their wage bills, as well.

I got this off the BBC website http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16730859

• Clubs hoping to take part in the Champions or Europa Leagues must balance their football-related expenditure over a three-year period
  • This is the first season that counts towards the 2013/14 assessment but clubs will be allowed to make a loss of 45m euros (£37.5m) over the three years, falling to 30m euros from 2015/16
  • It is not until 2018 that clubs have to bring their annual losses below £8.8m
  • The ultimate sanction for any club that fails to comply with the FFP criteria is a ban from European competition

So i wouldnt worry too much until european football is a possibiltity

• Like 1