Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
samlcfc1

Holidays 2012

a week in Majorca for my wifes 30th, taking 2 small kids on the plane for the 1st time, hopefully if they behave we will then be able to do Antigua in Dec. Just didn't fancy 8 hours of hell if they don't enjoy flying!! So short flight 1st seemed a good idea, 1st time i've been abroad for a holiday since 2009 so looking forward to it.

Six trips to Ibiza - four nights at a time - between June and September. As per the last three years. Unless circumstances change. That's the plan.

Lucky lad,showing my age i had my Ibiza days 20 years ago!!! cracking website you have there,should keep me entertained for days.Worth reading FTers.

Lucky lad,showing my age i had my Ibiza days 20 years ago!!! cracking website you have there,should keep me entertained for days.Worth reading FTers.

I first worked in Ibiza in the summer of 1996. Loads of mates there so always good to see them. Also get to do a bit of DJing which is good. Oh and cheers for appreciating the website.

Had my loan approved, I am now officially off to Tokyo this year! Hopefully doing Taiwan on the way home. Genuinely buzzing.

When are you going? We're looking at the last 2 weeks of July. Something along the lines of Tokyo - Mount Fuji - Kyoto - Hiroshima - and then potentially a day or two at Fuji Rocks.

I'm going to Zante with 3 lads and 3 birds, all mates. But not my girlfriend. Do I tell her?

Zante was pretty quality when I went last year mate, never been Malia so can't comment on what the other lads saying.

It's absolutely dog cheap as well, 3 euros for a full english, 10 euros for a starter, main, desert, 4 drinks and free shots after the meal, and then the alcohol's ridiculously cheap as well. I loved it!

How much roughly are flights to and from New York?

I've literally never been abroad before and have no idea how this shit works.

The cheapest return, on average, is about £500 return to JFK with American Airlines/BA. I went to NYC in October and my flights were direct from Manchester to JFK and cost me £515.

The cheapest return, on average, is about £500 return to JFK with American Airlines/BA. I went to NYC in October and my flights were direct from Manchester to JFK and cost me £515.

Bloody hell, bit pricey innit? Didn't know it'd be that much!

• 1 month later...

I'm off to Vegas for my Dads 50th. Plan is a few days in Vegas, hire a car (hoping for a camero) then a few days in LA and then a few days in San Fransisco then back to Vegas to fly home.

The drive from LA to SF is not short; especially when you've just flown in from Auckland. We had to break the journey with a night stop-off.

You'll do well to find it any cheaper. What time of year were you thinking of going?

Seriously? BHX -> EWR, anyone?

Probably not doing anything this year. Especially with Rachel now being on SMP.

Might do something if we can get some friends interested in sharing a cottage type thing or center parcs in UK. I can never believe how expensive Center Parcs is though.

Anyone on here got a cottage somewhere and we can strike a deal?

Might do something if we can get some friends interested in sharing a cottage type thing or center parcs in UK. I can never believe how expensive Center Parcs is though.

I'm going next weekend.£380 for 3 nights, plus over £100 on activities , never mind food and beer etc.

Well worth it though.

What's smp by the way?.

What's smp by the way?.

Statutory Maternity Pay.

Its not much!

We'll get by though. Not much choice I guess!

Agreed about Center Parcs being good. I've been a few times, with ex girlfriends, with a friend and his family when quite a bit younger and even with work.

I like just taking walks around the place. Bit odd now I think about this as you can go on much nicer walks within about 2 miles of my house.

My lads holidays so far, ranked...

Thailand > Kos > Magaluf > Malia > Kavos > Zante.

Zante wasn't shit, it just wasn't quite as god as the others.

Hoping to take the missus (who I met in Zante :blink: ) away next month, Egypt all inclusive is looking the most likely, Guaranteed sun and relatively affordable compared to alot of places.

Archived