Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boring_jester

The Walking Dead

17 minutes ago, Beliall said:

The thread is generally accepted as discussion about the TV show, people don't read the spoilers if they haven't watched the last episode, they probably dont even open the thread in fact, but the spoilers are there any way out of consideration. maybe you could state that your spoilers are from the comics, because most of us haven't read them

Gotcha, I tend to use spoiler tags for anything so I'll be more careful in future, cheers for the mature response though :thumbup:

Oh and believe it or not I've hardly read them it just gets out there in the end

Edited by CKB

52 minutes ago, CKB said:

Gotcha, I tend to use spoiler tags for anything so I'll be more careful in future, cheers for the mature response though :thumbup:

Oh and believe it or not I've hardly read them it just gets out there in the end

I'm not having a go at you mate, it just seems that whenever you read about the walking dead someone has to pop up and tell everyone about what happens in the picture books, and that does spoil it a bit even if the plots aren't exactly the same. Just put a warning in to say you're going to be talking about the comics and it's all good.

1 hour ago, CKB said:

I have'nt read them either, saw a copy at Comicon, the whole first season compendium, for £40. It's still there.

On 21/11/2016 at 17:54, EnderbyFox said:

Hide contents

Another really disappointing episode IMO. Can't help but feel we were spoilt with the season premier, now every episode since has just felt like tedious build up to the inevitable exciting last 20 minutes of the episode before the mid-season break. The dialogue in this weeks episode was just cringe worthy.

Just watched the preview to next weeks episode - looks like we are gonna spend an hour catching up with Tara & Heath, ugh. Might just wait for the mid season break and binge the last few.  

This is the problem i find with following TWD online. If we meet bad guys and they are beaten fast and easily then people complain that it was too easy and we need a better enemy with a long storyline. As soon as we get a new enemy with long story line that is being built over a season not a couple of episodes, then it is being drawn out. 

Im not saying you are guilty of both, just the fans in general. We can't have it both ways. Either its over quickly or we give it time to build up. Personally i think its good to see a storyline develop over time to make you properly hate the bad guys and to make them seem harder to beat. At this point Negan seems invincible. We know he isn't and one of the group will kill him but i want to see it progress over time, and especially see how Darryl reacts when he is released.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barky said:

I'm not having a go at you mate, it just seems that whenever you read about the walking dead someone has to pop up and tell everyone about what happens in the picture books, and that does spoil it a bit even if the plots aren't exactly the same. Just put a warning in to say you're going to be talking about the comics and it's all good.

That's absolutely fine and I'll admit I was using the spoiler tags the wrong way. I'll be more careful in the future! :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Beliall said:

I have'nt read them either, saw a copy at Comicon, the whole first season compendium, for £40. It's still there.

I've been tempted to get them compendiums, I think there's 2 but they are quite pricey and that was a deal breaker (cheapskate)

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Okay episode but the writing and acting in this show is so bad sometimes. If in doubt, ZOMBIE FAKEOUT. 

Agreed, thought it was an improvement on recent weeks but MY LORD the fake zombie Heath on the bridge was horrendously done. A bridge full of zombies covered in sand apart from one that is conveniently black and has braided hair? 

Edited by EnderbyFox

Well an all girl action crew joining the list of groups who are obviously going to join forces to defeat negan is just about welcome I suppose, but it does mean its going to take even longer to get there, especially as they have set up another tedious hurdle in tara's refusal to tell the others about the guns. We know she is going to tell about the guns, we know theyre going to try and steal them, it's all but certain theyll fail and there will be some emotional plea to join forces which will succeed. Its all way too predicatable.

21 minutes ago, Barky said:

Well an all girl action crew joining the list of groups who are obviously going to join forces to defeat negan is just about welcome I suppose, but it does mean its going to take even longer to get there, especially as they have set up another tedious hurdle in tara's refusal to tell the others about the guns. We know she is going to tell about the guns, we know theyre going to try and steal them, it's all but certain theyll fail and there will be some emotional plea to join forces which will succeed. Its all way too predicatable.

Right after Coral bites it and it forces Rick to rethink, and plan a battle royale

I don't mind the slower pace. It's the sort of series's where they could go to series 50 and it could still be running. A zombie apocalypses doesn't have to end.

where as prison break for example there's only a certain of number of times you can break out of a prison before it becomes boring and unrealistic.

Slow builders can be pretty good if done well but I don't think TWD is very good at it and I don't think it suits the show. It was much better in the early seasons when they'd thrash through about four major plot lines in a single season. Now we're lucky if we get through one.

Edited by Barky

21 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Agreed, thought it was an improvement on recent weeks but MY LORD the fake zombie Heath on the bridge was horrendously done. A bridge full of zombies covered in sand apart from one that is conveniently black and has braided hair? 

I was actually thinking that for once, despite TWD loving them, it wont be a fakeout and it was actually Heath. I doubt anyone would have cared either way, his character isn't very developed. I imagine they will focus on him more then he will die. 

Anyone know what the PPP means? 

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

I was actually thinking that for once, despite TWD loving them, it wont be a fakeout and it was actually Heath. I doubt anyone would have cared either way, his character isn't very developed. I imagine they will focus on him more then he will die. 

I thought it was the same one that Enid was writing last season but that was JSS, just survive somehow.

Could be something to do with the guff about remembering your humanity but the best I can come up with is People Poop Peppers.

Probably not that.

Despite bigging up this season of TWD last week, I thought this episode was dull, Tara is a bit of a nothing character and this new village of armed up women felt like a settlement too far, I get the weapons cache will be relevant, but it could have been done with Tara coming back alone, finding out about Negan but keeping schtum about what happened out there and then we gradually find out where she has been and what happened and why she has been keeping it all a secret, probably when Heath comes back. Rather than a whole episode of very little drama.

12 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I thought it was the same one that Enid was writing last season but that was JSS, just survive somehow.

Could be something to do with the guff about remembering your humanity but the best I can come up with is People Poop Peppers.

Probably not that.

Despite bigging up this season of TWD last week, I thought this episode was dull, Tara is a bit of a nothing character and this new village of armed up women felt like a settlement too far, I get the weapons cache will be relevant, but it could have been done with Tara coming back alone, finding out about Negan but keeping schtum about what happened out there and then we gradually find out where she has been and what happened and why she has been keeping it all a secret, probably when Heath comes back. Rather than a whole episode of very little drama.

Power Point Presentation? Poor Plot Progression? They are suggestions I have seen lol 

Agree with Tara, she isn't a great character and I don't think she is even in the comics. Also the actress is a scientologist. 

9 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Power Point Presentation? Poor Plot Progression? They are suggestions I have seen lol 

Agree with Tara, she isn't a great character and I don't think she is even in the comics. Also the actress is a scientologist. 

Piss poor performance.

On 29/11/2016 at 10:08, EnderbyFox said:

Completely agree! horrible writing and once again they don't learn from a stupid cop out moment. There was no need, ok maybe it would've come across abit better with a bunch of normal walkers but not sand pit covered walkers! 

Overall a decent episode and I quite like Tara, when she flipped the kid off made me laugh. An episode with more plots and build up to what will eventually be a huge showdown with Negan

Edited by CKB

3 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Edited by EnderbyFox