Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boring_jester

The Walking Dead

5 hours ago, Barky said:

Think that could mark the episode where the TWD's popularity falls off a cliff. Utterly terrible from start to finish. The show is dead. 

they are building the story, so the eps will be quite slow. Hopefully it all pays off but I understand your point

also I dont understand the point of that Tara ep unless they join forces with that group she bumped into

Edited by foxes21

Not just how slow it is but I can't stand negan. Probs the most tedious character on tv. Not only that but why does nobody kill him? He was in a room alone with about ten people who all seem to hate him, surely they'd just kill him.

Edited by Barky

I thought it was a brilliant episode, it showed Negan to be brutal in his ways but also have some compassion. He's a totally different bad guy, he's a bastard but also has rules and morals and also you can't help but laugh at some of his actions

I don't think many people are really getting this season, after the premiere it was bound to slow down and yes we have seen some filler but what did you expect? this story to be over in a few episodes and more deaths and carnage? Negan is the next big bad, he's not a Terminus guy, a Wolf, etc he's a character that's gonna be around for ages

It was always gonna be a slow build up as seen in the comics. There's been some great scenes this season but we will see more filler because we are at that story arc now where everything is slowly coming together. But the story in a whole is moving along albeit slowly

Negan is seen by his people as some kinda cult leader/dictator so he's not just gonna be taken out by someone in his group. But as seen with Dwight and Sherri, they aren't happy and plants are being seeded with them to have a major role on what goes down aswell from what it looks like

Oh and this isn't me defending the show or being some kinda fanboy as I've slated it in the past. I'm just seeing it kinda how I thought it would play out and also knowing abit how things went in the comic helps

I do actually fear for the show abit though, it's ratings really are taking a bashing in the states and obviously it's because of people not getting the story and direction it's heading. Also some wet wipes tuned out due to the season premiere 

Edited by CKB

Guest seanfox778

I quite liked the last episode, was that the mid season break? I find they kill a lot of time by making Negan repeat himself or whoever he's talking to takes an age to respond which gets a bit irritating. 

1 hour ago, seanfox778 said:

I quite liked the last episode, was that the mid season break? I find they kill a lot of time by making Negan repeat himself or whoever he's talking to takes an age to respond which gets a bit irritating. 

Yeah the Negan delivery at times is abit repetitive but you can't help but laugh at some of the shit he says. The mid season finale is this Sunday and it should be good 

Edited by CKB

Guest seanfox778
32 minutes ago, CKB said:

Yeah the Negan delivery at times is abit repetitive but you can't help but laugh at some of the shit he says. The mid season finale is this Sunday and it should be good 

Yes, some of the things he comes out with does make me laugh. Ok thanks, I'll look forward to that then.

Interesting episode, enjoyed most of Negan's bants with Carl, but then Carl crying and Negan appearing to actually care felt odd.

I'm also surprised Caarl didn't just nail him with Lucille he had gone all that way to kill Negan and to hell with the consequences, but he had 2 chances, just mow them all down with the assault rifle out of the van to get to him or use Lucille on him.

Top bants with the fat girl too.

I feel like Negan should be coming off as more reasonable but hard, when Carl (who I think will start to follow Negan) or anyone accuses him of killing their friends, he should point out that they killed his, how many did they kill, the bikers that got bazooked, the out post and a few others here or there. It is Denise, Glen and Abraham against about 50 Saviours that got killed.

Follow the rules and you will be fine.

On 05/12/2016 at 19:51, Barky said:

Think that could mark the episode where the TWD's popularity falls off a cliff. Utterly terrible from start to finish. The show is dead. 

Why? The pace is the same as it always was, the acting is the same. The current story line is cool and for someone who doesn't read the comics I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen. Solid season imo, not as good as the prison sequence but as good as the Woodbury saga. 

I don't get the whole "it's too slow, nothing happens" line. The whole point of TwD as an ongoing series like this is exploring what "happens next" in a zombie apocalypse. How many TV shows/films show something like this, then come to an end and you're just left thinking "yeah but what happens now?". This is the answer, it's an ongoing story across what? 5,6 calendar years now? Just sit back and enjoy the ride, it's not coming to an end anytime soon. 

The Tara episode was weak. Liked last week's episode, lots of storylines being picked up and liked how they would actually give Negan a compassionate side (or even worse, demonstrate how good he is at manipulating and making people unsure about him, like a true scheming psychopath). If the writers somehow make sympathy shift away from Rick and his group to Negan, that would be awesome and quite an accomplishment.

Finally gets to where everybody knew it was going aaaaand it's the mid-season break. Should have got there at least three episodes ago. It's quite a weak set up as well, the negan we've been shown would just round them up and kill some of them once he finds out Daryl has escaped, so he's going to have to suddenly become either incompetent or soft, neither of which make any sense.

Other thoughts, Negan must have terrible back problems from walking around bent that far backwards all the time. That Rosita shot where she was on her back on the floor showing her cleavage was the best thing TWD has produced in seven episodes. Talk about woodbury.

Edited by Barky

47 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Satisfying, shit went down, shit got real but ended on a positive with no crappy cliff hanger.

That's true about the cliff hanger, I thought they were going to end it with Rosita's poor shooting, and I'd have lost my shit if they did