Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boring_jester

The Walking Dead

10 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

Is it wrong that I was a little bit disappointed that it was? I thought it was real for a sec and thought holy shit, they've really gone for it.

Nah, it was clearly  Rick's imagination, after they did the second death it followed into where the episode started with Negan saying "you didn't like my little joke?" then we had seen everything from that point. When Negan said that the first time I thought the whole killing someone thing was going to turn out to be a joke, which would have left me fuming.

It was a brutal episode, Negan looks like an exciting bad guy, Similar to the Governor but less sneaky. I wonder if we will see any humanity in him, I mean Rick and his gang killed how many of his men? He killed 2 of them (3 if you include Denise). They got off lightly in some ways. Maybe there will be a bit of Stockholm Syndrome going on with some of them as Negan proves to be harsh but fair and will turn out to be no different to Rick, doing what has to be done to survive. Or will it be a straight good vs evil with Ezekiel (the dude with the tiger in the adverts being the good guy). 

On 05/04/2016 at 14:30, Captain... said:

But that's fine, leaving the season with everyone in a world of shit, like Terminus isn't a problem. You could even start the next season with them all living in this world having bowed down to Negan, some in Alexandria having to give all their stuff to Negan  (Maggie, Glenn, Aaron, Edith, Carl etc) some in his gang going out and killing others (Sasha, Abraham, Rosita, Michonne) some in detention for not bending the knee/keeping the other in line (Rick, Daryl).  Then you have Morgan and Carol and Tara and Heath on the outside with the dudes on horses and Jesus trying to figure out what is going on. Then we find out how they all end up there during the season as well as settling it with the inevitable Zombie filled bloodbath. Whetting the appetite for what could be an awesome season is one thing.

Killing someone and not revealing who for 6 months is just a bit shit, by the time we find out we won't care any more about the death, it won't be as shocking as seeing them be killed. It's different to ending a season not knowing if a character has been killed or not (Game of Thrones, people are still desperately waiting to find out nearly a year later) it is more like an inverse who killed Phil in Eastenders plot line.

I enjoyed the kill scene POV, but it needed to end with seeing the face of who was killed, and the writers apparently not even having decided on who it will be yet just screams weak publicity stunt.

I stand by my comment, which for some reason I can't embolden, waiting 6 months and then finding out who dies, you care less as you have already gone through the options, weighed up the possibilities and by the time you get the reveal all the tension and build up is gone. When I saw who was killed, I  was just like "Oh, it was that person."

I was pretty shocked when he twatted Glenn's eye out though. I'm surprised they didn't drag they reveal out longer maybe start with Rick on top of the RV, having flash backs. 

22 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Carl's growing into a really interesting character imo. Watching him during that episode- everyone else was full of shock and panic and he was just plain rage

Yeah, but his hair is shit.

I was hoping that he would have been taken as the hostage and not Darryl, keep Rick in line and Negan can groom him and mold him as a fighter, unlike Rick who protects him and makes him soft and weak

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Hide contents

I was hoping that he would have been taken as the hostage and not Darryl, keep Rick in line and Negan can groom him and mold him as a fighter, unlike Rick who protects him and makes him soft and weak

I thought Carl's acting was shit, not that it wasn't before. He had to do the cold and bold face, as I suspect he couldn't do the convincing blubbering the others could. However, Carl's arc is obvious and inevitable, and sadly for me it'll be unconvincing in it's delivery (I may be wrong). At least now with Negan stealing all their stuff, he'll have no shampoo and conditioner, and no access to a blowdryer.

With no Darryl antics for months, due to the inevitable consequences, things are going to be fairly dull for the group, but I suspect Negan will twist them into doing questionable things as things ramp up to a season finale.

Edited by sphericalfox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

Reveal hidden contents

I can't stand the little twat, he hasn't grown since he was about 12. I was hoping he was going to be in for some pain, hopefully later in the series he will be.

They are running out of good characters. A lot of deaths were unnecessary in previous seasons like.. Merle, Beth, Dale, Andrea, Tyrese.. If they kept some of these fan favourites alive & then killed them off in the upcoming seasons, it would be more dramatic. The only deaths which were truly gripping and added to the plot were Shane's, Hershel's, Lori's, Bob's & Carol's daughter.

Also why are we getting 2+ seasons with Negan, when we only got a few episodes with Terminus/the Cannibals? They were great villains and that storyline could have been spread out over 1 or 2 seasons, to help build up the characters even more, but instead the plot got rushed. Now Negan gets 2+ seasons, but the Negan storyline will be wasted as nobody really cares about the majority of the cast that are left.

The earlier seasons gave us lots of character development & character storylines. The show's diverted from that and are using shock value & gimmicks to toy with the viewers, instead of developing the story/characters in an organic way. They are probably going to try build up Eugene, Rosita, Aaron and other bland characters, but it's too late. They should have been developing these characters in recent seasons, to help replace the fan favourites that died & also in preparation for the Negan storyline. Seriously, if Rosita suddenly gets lots of airtime this season, then gets killed next season who is going to care? lol

Edited by foxes21

2 hours ago, foxes21 said:

They are running out of good characters. A lot of deaths were unnecessary in previous seasons like.. Merle, Beth, Dale, Andrea, Tyrese.. If they kept some of these fan favourites alive & then killed them off in the upcoming seasons, it would be more dramatic. The only deaths which were truly gripping and added to the plot were Shane's, Hershel's, Lori's, Bob's & Carol's daughter.

Also why are we getting 2+ seasons with Negan, when we only got a few episodes with Terminus/the Cannibals? They were great villains and that storyline could have been spread out over 1 or 2 seasons, to help build up the characters even more, but instead the plot got rushed. Now Negan gets 2+ seasons, but the Negan storyline will be wasted as nobody really cares about the majority of the cast that are left.

The earlier seasons gave us lots of character development & character storylines. The show's diverted from that and are using shock value & gimmicks to toy with the viewers, instead of developing the story/characters in an organic way. They are probably going to try build up Eugene, Rosita, Aaron and other bland characters, but it's too late. They should have been developing these characters in recent seasons, to help replace the fan favourites that died & also in preparation for the Negan storyline. Seriously, if Rosita suddenly gets lots of airtime this season, then gets killed next season who is going to care? lol

Merle was pretty one dimensional, Beth was a bit Meh, Dale and Tyrese were hardly great characters, I thought Andrea was a good character and it was a good death, you might as well pine for Bob and T-Dog. You complain about a lack of character development yet everyone was complaining about all the character development episodes. Rick, Michonne, Darryl, Carol are all great characters. Morgan, Glen and Maggie are pretty strong. Abe, Rosalita, Eugene, Sasha and Tara haven't really come in to their own. The love triangle thing was a bit shit, Eugene is growing as a character his ammo making idea and final acceptance of the reality that he has to fight means he is starting to develop. Tara could have been a lot more interesting having fought for the Governor against them, but they got over that pretty damn quick and the lesbian thing. Aaron is pretty weak, time to develop him or kill him off, Spencer is a more interesting character from Alexandria, now Deanna and Nicholas are dead. This is the problem there are so many characters that it isn't possible to develop them all, I've not even mentioned Carl, Jesus and the other girl and there are probably others. Then there are all the other sub characters that have met a grisly end, Jessie, Sam and Ron which was an excellent scene, the 2 girls, Noah was a bit of a pointless one.

I agree Terminus and the Wolves could have been much better and they wrapped them both up pretty quickly, the problem was from a TV point of view there was no real leader to them and not a charismatic one. Hopefully Negan gets more time to develop, like the Governor, and with this Ezekiel fella with his tiger and followers in body armour it could be a good old scrap. It's not perfect but I think it gets more right than wrong.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

I'm still confused by the Wolves storyline... we never saw anything about them... and then they were finished?

Great build up, creepy zombies with W's carved in their heads, then people, then attack and gone! !

12 minutes ago, Phube said:

I'm still confused by the Wolves storyline... we never saw anything about them... and then they were finished?

Great build up, creepy zombies with W's carved in their heads, then people, then attack and gone! !

I do wonder if they will reappear, Negan's mob have to have been fighting others and not just the zombies. Crazy fanatics may be a common enemy.

2 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Where's jesus at? I think he's a great character, hope he becomes a main one.

He ducked out of the RV at the end of last season, Rick saying it wasn't his fight, and they didn't want Negan to know they had any links to the Hill Top otherwise they would be in even more shit.

1 hour ago, BradyLCFC said:

Is it only three that remain from series one now then? 

can anyone name all the people who have been in ricks group from the very first episode? I bet it's a very long list now with a lot of deaths! 

Errr spoilers:

Four or (five if you count Morgan). Don't forget Carol.

Rick

Caaaaaarol

Daryl

Carol

Morgan

Edited by Phube

On 25/10/2016 at 18:24, lgfualol said:

I would be more sad about her dying than anyone else. 

She looks so much like Ana Cheri its untrue.  

Carl needs to lose the hat.  When he was a kid it was kind of a nice touch, now its a bit weird.

The season opener was so ****ing grim.  One thing about the WD is you forget how dark and grim it can be between seasons.

Crazy start to the season (haven't seen today's episode yet). Sad about the departures, but thought Negan was great. I must be a masochist for liking good villains so much. You really got the feeling that there is no hope left for the group.

19 hours ago, lgfualol said:

That was...

Reveal hidden contents

meh. Carol is boring as ****.

Really?  I enjoyed last nights  episode, the sequence at the start was great and the introduction of Ezekiel and how he fits into the world. Carol is a great character and Morgan was less of a pious dick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Really?  I enjoyed last nights  episode, the sequence at the start was great and the introduction of Ezekiel and how he fits into the world. Carol is a great character and Morgan was less of a pious dick.

I just hate Carol, Morgan is becoming better but he bores me as well. But sometimes you have to have episodes like that to set future things up. I liked the bit with the Saviors. 

6 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I just hate Carol, Morgan is becoming better but he bores me as well. But sometimes you have to have episodes like that to set future things up. I liked the bit with the Saviors. 

It sets the scene nicely

I like the idea of feeding the pigs zombies and then giving them to Negan's crew, I reckon there will be repercussions though