Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Knowlesy10

Paul gallagher Flag?

As someone said donate some money to a charity of their choice, sing a few songs at the game but don't waste it on a flag.

And I fúcking hate hashtags. Sorry ACF but seeing #RIP makes me die a little inside.

Bit hypocritical in my eyes, the fans slate him so much that he won't even celebrate a goal, boo him before he even comes on, now they want to be best buddies with him!

What a silly thing to say, he's lost a child for fvck sake, what the hell has people booing him got anything to do with it? You dont wish that on your worst

Bit hypocritical in my eyes, the fans slate him so much that he won't even celebrate a goal, boo him before he even comes on, now they want to be best buddies with him!

It might be if we were talking about an individual, but "the fans" is a lot of different people. Some boo him, some want to support him.

Besides, the people booing him are not evil heartless monsters. I think they can probably tell the difference between a player not performing as well as they'd like, and a father losing a new born child.

i personally don't think he is very good as a player but for god sake he must be going through a really tough time at the minute and just because he's not the most talented footballer it doesn'y mean we are being hypocritical if we wish him well!

I'm aware of that, but that is their choice, their discretion.

I know if i was in their position i wouldn't want this news to be taken on by grief merchants and given more exposure.

Fookin behave. Twat.

I don't want to sound pessimistic or insensitive but I don't think #prayforava should be on the flag. The poor girl may not make until then and if the dreaded happens, we'd have a flag that wouldn't make sense. I think "Thinking of the Gallaghers" or "Support Hayley & Paul" or something along those lines would be more appropriate. I like the song idea, but let's be honest, our fans are shit and wouldn't carry this through.

A flag with "thinking of you Gally" on would do the trick. Doesn't even have to be fancy. If you've got an old flag lying about, I'm sure they'll print on it.

I know this is a terrifically emotive subject and its difficult to discuss what is appropriate without seeming either mawkish or pious but I really do think a flag is inappropriate.

What has happened is undoubtedly tragic and although both have communicated their grief via twitter, I still feel that in these situations it is best to leave someone you don't actually know to grieve privately and allow them to communicate their loss as and when they see fit.

As others have said, if people do feel they'd like to get involved in some way then a donation to a children's ward would be far more useful and appropriate as it wont draw attention to the grief of a recently bereaved couple and will go some small way to helping parents and children in a similar situation. That flag will be on display for one game, the money you could provide to a charity could make a lifetimes difference to a family or child.

I agree. If a flag is really needed, it should just say "Thinking of you gally" or something along those lines. Just so he can see people are thinking of him. No need for the babies names to be on it because that is just too personal.

Archived