Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

Emile Ivanhoe Heskey

The 34-year-old former Liverpool and England striker admits a move back to his first club, Championship side Leicester City, could interest him.

"There's a possibility that might happen. I'm not going to turn anything down," he said. "I'll look at anything.

"I haven't got a club to be honest. There are no contract talks so I'll be looking elsewhere," he told BBC Sport.

"Obviously, my contract is up, so I just take it day by day and see what crops up."

Edit - Factor William into the title someone...

This would be the signing of the season make it happen NP.

I want this signing to happen, I wouldn't go that far though.

In my mind a 'signing of the season' isn't a declining player on big wages from a Premier League club. It's someone who is more than capable at PL level or someone who performs outstanding at our level.

A 'signing of the season' for us, would be someone like Matt Jarvis, or Steven Fletcher, both who are more than capable at PL Level.

None of that will happen though.

Well that's a 99% certain that he's happy to re-join us. It's all down to Pearson I guess. Doesn't seem like a Pearson type signing but... he brought Dickov back.

I think it does seem like a Pearson signing tbh, big target man like Howard who's a bit more mobile. He's always liked going for that option if all else has failed.

Get it done NP.

I want this signing to happen, I wouldn't go that far though.

In my mind a 'signing of the season' isn't a declining player on big wages from a Premier League club. It's someone who is more than capable at PL level or someone who performs outstanding at our level.

A 'signing of the season' for us, would be someone like Matt Jarvis, or Steven Fletcher, both who are more than capable at PL Level.

None of that will happen though.

I think it would be a signing provided Beckford still stays wow a front two of those two, Nugent as well would profit from playing alongside Heskey, it would be worth it.

I think it does seem like a Pearson signing tbh, big target man like Howard who's a bit more mobile. He's always liked going for that option if all else has failed.

Get it done NP.

As a player I agree but I don't know, I just don't think well-publicised moves like this are the type he goes for. In footballing terms he ticks a lot of boxes and to be fair, Heskey would have the hunger to get us back into the Premier, something very few current Premier players would posess.

I'm happy for it to happen but I won't lose sleep if we don't sign him.

Would he really be that great a signing at this stage in his career?

I love Emile for the fantastic first spell he had with us but the last thing I'd want him to do is to taint his legacy with us with a Dickov-esque second spell.

If he was prepared to take a wage cut to come back to us, which he might do if other offers weren't forthcoming, he mightn't be a disastrous signing but I do worry it could all go wrong.

Would he really be that great a signing at this stage in his career?

No, and that should be clear to anyone with any sense. One goal in 18 months is shameful even for his exceptionally low standards.

A big lumbering oaf at the back in Wes Morgan and one up front too? That really has put me off renewing.

Yes please!! Would absolutely love it if he came back.

And I do genuinely believe he would do a great job in the championship. Lets not forget, he was still getting selected for England only 2 years ago.

Please make this happen Pearson!

Fúck me he sounds desperate. Like depressingly desperate. The way that's written is almost him saying "I mean look at me, I'm so fúcking desperate I'll even go back to them if I have to, nobody else in the world wants me :("

Well that's a 99% certain that he's happy to re-join us. It's all down to Pearson I guess. Doesn't seem like a Pearson type signing but... he brought Dickov back.

Wasn't that more of a Mandaric signing? It may already have been a done deal before Pearson came.

Heskey was a monster during the O'Neill era and had a couple of decent years at Liverpool but has been in steady decline ever since.

We've seen too many players, some of them great players in their day, live off past glories to milk us for one last payday. Heskey deserves a better fate than to be bracketed alongside Martin Keown or Jason Wilcox. Steve Guppy didn't have a great time when he returned either.

I paid particular focus to him on MOTD in one of Villa's recent games. I was impressed. There genuinely is still some pace there and as ever he was a massive aerial presence. Some of his passing looked very tidy, too. He would certainly offer an excellent alternative up top.

Omg can`t actually believe that people want him back, so frustrating! that`s half the problem with our club living in the past, you can use Carew as an example he went to west ham from villa and he was shocking this season! But now everyone is gonna jump on this band wagon and predict heskey will tear this league apart! pleaseee!

Speaking from a footballing point of view I think he's completely past it and he wouldn't offer us much at all.

However, seeing his full name (minus the William) in the title did make me wee a little bit. If he even scored one scruffy goal it would be absolutely amazing.

Seriously though, you know what will happen if he comes back, he'll be shit and we'll be shit and some fans will forget what he's done for us in the past. I don't think it's a good idea.

I've always hated the way the media and football fans around the country talk about him, and I'm not just talking about Mock the Week and stuff like that, even Match Of The Day have been taking the piss in the last couple of years, and alluding to his poor goalscoring record at every opportunity. But he isn't the player he was, and I do like that really, only we and Liverpool fans can truly appreciate what a good player he was at one point. He'll always be a hero here and I'd like to leave it at that.

Archived