Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

Emile Ivanhoe Heskey

Fortunately, we have a strong track record, as fans, of correctly identifying which players would be great Leicester and those that would never be good enough.

Yakubu - rubbish.

Jelavic - Rubbish

Kevin Phillips - Past it.

we were faoming at the mouth with the likes of Fernandes et al at the beginning of last season.

maybe, let those who's profession it is to make these decisions, make them. At the end of the day, successive england managers, and a whole host of premier league managers have seen fit to employ emile heskey. he MUST be rubbish then.

His wage demands would not justify a move back to Leicester.

I'm not saying it would be a bad move, although I'd rather he went elsewhere, but he'd have to be on wages akin to what Howard is on to make it a worthwhile move for city.

How do you know what wage he would demand? Maybe Emile would accept a comparatively small wage to end his career at Leicester. ( I know that goes against all preconceptions of mercenary footballers, but Emile must not be in need now of extra cash, he doesn't come across as a guy out for every penny he can get, he contibuted a substantial amount out of his own pocket to help keep the club afloat 10 years ago, and clearly has great affection for the club).

Emile would have a lot to offer at our level, forget the number of goals he brings a lot more than that.

Also this could be the sort of signing the owners are looking for. Not the marquee signing they were after last summer but certainly important to a lot of city fans. Is there also a chance his signing could have a positive effect on new shirt sales and season tickets?

In on a free, reasonable wages (he's minted) and playing for his hometown club so bags of effort, risk free

I don't see the down side

I will put my neck on the line here and say if big Emile comes home he will score 15+ next season .

Tbh I worry that after the last couple of seasons he has had he might have forgotten where the onion bag is. Might have left it on Lineker's stall down the markets though so if he comes back he'll find it again :D

Emile would have a lot to offer at our level, forget the number of goals he brings a lot more than that.

Also this could be the sort of sign

ing the owners are looking for. Not the marquee

signing they were after last summer but

certainly important to a lot of city fans. Is there also a chance his signing could have a positive

effect on new shirt sales and season tickets?

In on a free, reasonable wages (he's minted)

and playing for his hometown club so bags of

effort, risk free

I don't see the down side

About sums it up plus a weath of experience

On a free, and for reasonable wages, I would take him. But not as a starter, but for when we need to see the game out (basically, the new howard). Apart from that, I don't think he would be a great signing.

Would only be a signing worth his wages should it hike the numbers of season tickets in anticipation.

He's get something to offer, but at his wages we'd be better of getting another Yak who scores goals rather than a hold-up man who possibly allows others to score.

Would only be a signing worth his wages should it hike the numbers of season tickets in anticipation.

I imagine that sales of Hesky merchandise would be pretty high too as he is quite rightly seen as a hero on here.

The problem is when he wss last here he was a pacy, raw, skillful centre forward. He would be coming back as a slow target man.

I just hope if he does come back he doesn't water down the effect he had the first time round with a load of over-the-hill poor displays.

There is a poll on talksport today asking if Hesky was ever all that. Over 70% apparantly have said no. They simply do not remember him from his time here and his early days at Liverpool. He is one of the greatest talents to have been produced by Leicester.

I think one of the main reasons Heskey would probably do well at this level is he'd probably treat it with a certain level of arrogance, which isn't necessarily a bad quality for a striker.

I imagine that sales of Hesky merchandise would be pretty high too as he is quite rightly seen as a hero on here.

The problem is when he wss last here he was a pacy, raw, skillful centre forward. He would be coming back as a slow target man.

I just hope if he does come back he doesn't water down the effect he had the first time round with a load of over-the-hill poor displays.

There is a poll on talksport today asking if Hesky was ever all that. Over 70% apparantly have said no. They simply do not remember him from his time here and his early days at Liverpool. He is one of the greatest talents to have been produced by Leicester.

I wouldn't fancy racing him

Archived