Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

Emile Ivanhoe Heskey

We are in desperate need of a striker that'll hold the ball up and offer some aerial presence, Heskey would fit that bill. Add in the bonus nostaglia and I'm all for it.

I don't agree with John Percy's comments that we won't sign him because he's not under 25. Pearson knows the value of having a few professional, senior pros in the team (Berner, Powell, Edworthy, Dickov, Solano, Oakley, Howard etc) and currently we lack anyone that fits that bill.

He has actually been one of Villa's better players in the last month (although that isn't really saying much), would take him back in a heartbeat! Can only vaguely remember seeing him play in a Leicester shirt as I was so young and would love to see it again!

He'd be a great signing. As much as I can't see it, I'd love it to happen.

There's been no interest since when Sven was here. This has all come from a reporter simply doing his job.

A lovely idea...until three games in when people see Heskey for what he is today - the bluntest of blunt objects.

Look at the teams who do well in this division, and look at their forward lines. Heskey is 34 - five years past his best at least, and would no doubt be on a massive wage to come here.

I hope we don't sabotage next season's hopes by having a transfer policy based on rose-tinted spectacles.

Anyone else despairing reading some of these comments about one of the great young talents we've ever produced? Arguably past it now, but I don't expect to read him ridiculed by his own!

Anyone else despairing reading some of these comments about one of the great young talents we've ever produced? Arguably past it now, but I don't expect to read him ridiculed by his own!

How exactly playing in 27 prem games this season?

Hence the use of the word 'arguably'. Not necessarily my opinion.

Sorry for that It just makes my blood boil that peeps think this would be a bad signing, I am not using the oh he cannot be any worse than Howard argument rather that he would be an asset in this division his hold up play is right up their.

I see the pre-season high expectations have already kicked in! Realistically we are a mid-table championship side at the moment - why would we say no to a seasoned premiership player who actually has played well the few times i've seen him play this season and the last. If Jason Roberts can drop down a division and do well, I am pretty sure Emile can.

Also, not really a reason to sign him but I reckon he would be a great person to have around the dressing room.

Let the club worry about the contract financials. Sign him up NP!

Im definately in favour of bringing him back, there isnt many better players than him at holding the ball up and bringing others into play just ask rooney,owen etc of their opinions of him if hes good enough to play for villa in the PREMIER league then hes certainly good enough for the champ ok hes no spring chicken but so what every team needs experience and they dont come much more experienced than him hurry up and sign emile !!!! :-)

I see the pre-season high expectations have already kicked in! Realistically we are a mid-table championship side at the moment - why would we say no to a seasoned premiership player who actually has played well the few times i've seen him play this season and the last. If Jason Roberts can drop down a division and do well, I am pretty sure Emile can.

Also, not really a reason to sign him but I reckon he would be a great person to have around the dressing room.

Let the club worry about the contract financials. Sign him up NP!

Well said.... Nice point on Roberts too. He couldnt get many games for Blackburn yet been superb for Reading.

If Heskey can produce the sort of goals and performances that Kevin Phillips has for Blackpool this season then yes get him in.

It's a big IF and one that is not worth the gamble imo unless he plays for free.

I think Heskey at this level would be laughing, really would. His goals/age is totally irrelevant, we arent talking about playing at Prem level.

Could only see him doing well here, not getting injuries though.

I have tried going through all the information but is there actually any substance to this?

Just seems to me like pages and pages of debate on something that might not even be considered by Pearson.

Archived