Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Guest seanfox778
48 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Started watching The Sinner last night. Bit too early to say if I'm going to like if but first impressions are Jessica Biel is absolutely brilliant. 

I gotta be honest, I've always just seen her as a crap b movie actress but this could well be a reinventing of a career on a McConaughey level.

I quite enjoyed The Sinner, thought it was well made and you get a good sense of 'dread' throughout.

Guest seanfox778
6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

lol

I'm actually sat re-watching this now. The one where Dee is dry heaving on the stand-up stage has me crying.

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

lol

Mac is ****ing jacked. I can't wait for this. 

Finished Disenchantment last night. Not everyone seems a fan, but I quite enjoyed it. 
Dark Tourist is a decent watch also. 

New American Vandal is what everyone should be looking forward to.

1 hour ago, seanfox778 said:

I quite enjoyed The Sinner, thought it was well made and you get a good sense of 'dread' throughout.

I checked this thread in the hope of finding a new show to watch. Decided to give The Sinner a try and just watched the 1st episode. Really enjoyed it and looking forward to how the story is going to play out. 

21 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I checked this thread in the hope of finding a new show to watch. Decided to give The Sinner a try and just watched the 1st episode. Really enjoyed it and looking forward to how the story is going to play out. 

I'm almost half regretting posting on here that I'm watching it for purely selfish reasons, in that I'll probably have to swerve this thread in fear of spoilers until I'm finished. 

It's very rare I know literally nothing about a series, I usually know most of the premise before I start and a fair bit of the detail. 

This time it's a genuine mystery and it's a fresh experience. 

It could be paranormal, Sci Fi, fantasy, could be psychological, she could be an abuse victim, could be possessed by a demon, could be an alien abductee or a cia experiment. I've got no clue and I don't want to know. 

Actually quite refreshing to know **** all about a TV show other than its a mystery with good reviews. 

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

lol

I ****in love this show. Criminally underrated by so many who haven't seen it. I believe it will become the longest running live action sitcom in American history with this series which is remarkable considering its beginnings and the irredeemable nature of the characters. Looks like they're pushing the boat out with the plot-lines this season based on that trailer - hope it's up to the usual standard!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

I ****in love this show. Criminally underrated by so many who haven't seen it. I believe it will become the longest running live action sitcom in American history with this series which is remarkable considering its beginnings and the irredeemable nature of the characters. Looks like they're pushing the boat out with the plot-lines this season based on that trailer - hope it's up to the usual standard!

I absolutely love the show, but the last season was the worst imo, I just hope they don't cling onto it if it declines further and end up like The Simpsons!

Just now, CollinsLCFC said:

I absolutely love the show, but the last season was the worst imo, I just hope they don't cling onto it if it declines further and end up like The Simpsons!

I think the last 3 seasons as a whole haven't been as good as the previous ones, but there are still several individual episodes within each of those seasons that trump most other sitcoms currently airing. I think as they move away from Paddy's more and more, things inevitably become a little more hit-and-miss. I would expect the same this season, especially with less Dennis.

The Simpsons jumped the shark so long ago now I think they've churned out more shite than good which is a pretty miserable thought.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I'm almost half regretting posting on here that I'm watching it for purely selfish reasons, in that I'll probably have to swerve this thread in fear of spoilers until I'm finished. 

It's very rare I know literally nothing about a series, I usually know most of the premise before I start and a fair bit of the detail. 

It could be paranormal, Sci Fi, fantasy, could be psychological, she could be an abuse victim, could be possessed by a demon, could be an alien abductee or a cia experiment. I've got no clue and I don't want to know. 

Actually quite refreshing to know **** all about a TV show other than its a mystery with good reviews. 

You sure you’ve not seen it? ?

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm very much regretting you mentioning The Sinner on here too!

I watched the 1st episode earlier and have since watched 4 more. Done absolutely bugger all today because of it. 

Don't worry you will get no spoilers from me, like you i usually know everything about a show before i start watching it and was completely blind going into this one. It makes a refreshing change.

So far its a 8.5/10 from me. 

Ok im all done with The Sinner season 1... (No spoilers) I loved it. Acting was great, storyline was exciting and unexpected and all in all a very well made show. 

Onto Season 2 now.

Btw I just realised that Jessica Biel is married to Justin Timberlake... eeeew i'm sure she could have found someone better than that. 

Now I love a good old police/crime/rescue drama but they've changed so much we now have to have so many side stories of the main characters and all their social/family problems.

Last night I stumbled upon a new American drama rescue type programme 9-1-1 and wow did they cram it all in. 

The first phone responder's mum had Alzheimer's, the policewoman with 2 teenage kids her husband had just come out as gay and the young trainee fireman admitted he was a sex addict.

Maybe it's just me but I don't watch these programme to see all these social problems aired there are plenty of programmes around to discuss them ok I guess it can add to the characters persona but do we really need to delve so deeply into all their problems?

I want to be entertained by suspenseful drama

I doubt I'll watch another one of these.

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 17:21, egg_fried_rice said:

I think the last 3 seasons as a whole haven't been as good as the previous ones, but there are still several individual episodes within each of those seasons that trump most other sitcoms currently airing. I think as they move away from Paddy's more and more, things inevitably become a little more hit-and-miss. I would expect the same this season, especially with less Dennis.

The Simpsons jumped the shark so long ago now I think they've churned out more shite than good which is a pretty miserable thought.

Love Sunny, but I haven't been able to watch it since season 6/7, and 7 was really pushing it

Standard has dropped well below the glorious first 5 seasons

On 25/08/2018 at 00:08, Suzie the Fox said:

Ok im all done with The Sinner season 1... (No spoilers) I loved it. Acting was great, storyline was exciting and unexpected and all in all a very well made show. 

Onto Season 2 now.

Btw I just realised that Jessica Biel is married to Justin Timberlake... eeeew i'm sure she could have found someone better than that. 

You don’t like JT? I’m a straight guy but I still would

Finished Sinner and Sharp Objects. I'd say almost the same about both of them really. 

Acting superb, cinematography and directing superb, atmosphere and dialogue pretty much superb (I wasn't keen on Bill Pulman's weird and unnecessary private life tbh) but both missed a little bit with their ending which was slightly flat on both counts. 

Sinner was almost just too simple. I did like the way it unfolded and I respect that it didn't need to be more melodramatic than it was, I was just expecting something bigger really. Maybe that's my failing, I perhaps overhyped the possibilities in my head. 

Sharp Objects, gotta say:

The munchausens by proxy I didn't see coming, I really should have, I've seen enough episodes of House that I should have caught that! I absolutely saw Amma and the ending coming a mile off, mind. She couldn't have been written any more like an archetypal child psychopathy case if they basically pulled out a Bob Hare checklist and worked through.

Really hope both Amy Adams (lead) and Patricia Clarkson (support), at very least, get nods at the Emmys though, if not actual gongs. 

Both were absolutely, absolutely superb.