Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

8 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Gomorrah is class, best show going atm. Suburra sounds interesting, might give it ago but as you say with netflix shows they're very hit and miss and most recently have been going down in quality. Think the last good netflix original i enjoyed was the sinner

When I first wrote that I was buzzing to have found a new show, I often get ridiculously drawn in to something new at the start and over hype a little haha. 

Test of time wise, I'd still rate Suburra as a solid 7.5 that you should watch if you enjoyed Gomorrah. It's probably about on the same level as Gomorrah season 3. 

It doesn't reach the same heights as Gomorrah 1 & 2 though which I'd call solid 9.5s.

On 10/11/2018 at 22:53, Costock_Fox said:

Anyone watched The Heist on Sky? It’s like Hunted but they have to ‘steal’ £250k and avoid arrest. Binged the 6 episodes over the last day and enjoyed it but the same as any show like this I suspect the police are given more hints than the show makes out.

Watched it all on Sunday. Enjoyable to watch but some things were a bit daft on it, why didn’t they drive the van away to the barn? 

Seen one of the bandits on Twitter day they the rules were they had to spend the money and they couldn’t just hide it away for over two weeks. Made me laugh the two sisters who drove out a penis with the tracker.

8 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Watched it all on Sunday. Enjoyable to watch but some things were a bit daft on it, why didn’t they drive the van away to the barn? 

Seen one of the bandits on Twitter day they the rules were they had to spend the money and they couldn’t just hide it away for over two weeks. Made me laugh the two sisters who drove out a penis with the tracker.

Yeah was pretty clear they couldn’t just hide for two weeks to be fair. They were thick as **** most of them, that young lad clearly regretted going on as he rocked up without a mask on and worked across the road from the police station.

That cock outline made me laugh as well.

Decent show but I prefer hunted.

24 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah was pretty clear they couldn’t just hide for two weeks to be fair. They were thick as **** most of them, that young lad clearly regretted going on as he rocked up without a mask on and worked across the road from the police station.

That cock outline made me laugh as well.

Decent show but I prefer hunted.

Made me laugh how just before going to the robbery it shows you him spraying himself with aftershave.

On 10/11/2018 at 11:56, lgfualol said:

Finished off the latest It's Always Sunny. Nice final episode but I think the It's Always Sunny I loved for years is kinda... Over? The characters that are giant assholes whom dont care about anything or anyone are no more. I barely managed a smirk at anything in most of the episodes and the gang arent even together for a lot of it. No Dennis no party. 

I will rewatch season 1-12 for the hundredth time and forget this one happened.

I dunno, I’ve enjoyed this series quite a lot personally. Though I only started watching Sunny in the last year or so, so this series feels quite fresh for me despite not watching it at the same speed as the rest of the show. Loved Mac’s dance - something beautiful in something you’d never expect. I’ll definitely rewatch this season personally!

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

I dunno, I’ve enjoyed this series quite a lot personally. Though I only started watching Sunny in the last year or so, so this series feels quite fresh for me despite not watching it at the same speed as the rest of the show. Loved Mac’s dance - something beautiful in something you’d never expect. I’ll definitely rewatch this season personally!

I could only rewatch the episodes where all of them are there. No Dennis No Party

Only a few episodes left of Haunting of Hill House. Really enjoying it personally.

My brother in law was sitting there complaining during episode 6 (Two Storms episode) that nothing was happening whereas I was bloody loving it - there was about 5 or 6 single shot long takes in one episode, each at least 5 minutes long, where the camera did multiple 360s while swapping actors with their younger counterparts and back again, Nell being swapped with Bent Neck Lady and her reappearing amongs the other characters, then following the dad down the corridor of the funeral home and ending up in the house in the past. Love it from a directing and editing standpoint.

I did have to sleep with the light on last night though. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Only a few episodes left of Haunting of Hill House. Really enjoying it personally.

Reveal hidden contents

My brother in law was sitting there complaining during episode 6 (Two Storms episode) that nothing was happening whereas I was bloody loving it - there was about 5 or 6 single shot long takes in one episode, each at least 5 minutes long, where the camera did multiple 360s while swapping actors with their younger counterparts and back again, Nell being swapped with Bent Neck Lady and her reappearing amongs the other characters, then following the dad down the corridor of the funeral home and ending up in the house in the past. Love it from a directing and editing standpoint.

I did have to sleep with the light on last night though. 

I think it is ****ing brilliant. Loving everything about it. 

Please, please, please Children in Need, just stop and I'll give you some money!

That School of Rock thing, with the bloke desperately trying to be Jack Black instead of making it his own, was truly awful. Is this the best the West End has to offer?

Blitzed the first 5 episodes of The Sinner series 2. So far so good. Having watched Wild Wild Country the plot is certainly credible. 

Also watched the first 2 episodes of Origin on YouTube. Enjoyed it, though they’ve basically made LOST, in space. But that’s ok cos I ****ing loved LOST from start to finish. 

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

that’s ok cos I ****ing loved LOST from start to finish. 

I really enjoyed Lost and watched it until the last series. I have no idea why but I have never watched that last series and actually have no desire to. Strange.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I thought Lost was a pointless load of rubbish but I did hugely enjoy The Leftovers from the same creators. One of my favourite TV shows over the last few years but it got very, very little traction. 

Lost was most definitely a pointless load of rubbish. Not sure why I enjoyed it for so long.

Never heard of The Leftovers. I'd wager your choice of shows is pretty good so I'll give it a try.

Loved the first 3 seasons of LOST. And enjoyed the last season more than 4 and 5 which were utter shite. However it was the first proper series of the type I'd watched so that might of had something to do with it. The concept was brilliant, the writing wasn't.

7 hours ago, deejdeej said:

Loved the first 3 seasons of LOST. And enjoyed the last season more than 4 and 5 which were utter shite. However it was the first proper series of the type I'd watched so that might of had something to do with it. The concept was brilliant, the writing wasn't.

It always strikes me that writers have the full story before they go to execs with it. When there's an instant worldwide success in terms of viewers, I think the execs then force writers to eek out further episodes and elongate the original story, purely for financial reasons. Often series seem to start brilliantly but can fall away a bit in the middle. I think that's because, on some occasions, the scripts are hurried out.

I remember watching an interview with Eddie Murphy regarding the follow up to the 1980's box office smash hit, Beverly Hills Cop. That film was massive worldwide and they sent him a half baked, rushed follow up script for Beverly Hills Cop II. Murphy said every time he said no and told them the script wasn't ready, they'd write him a bigger cheque. When the cheque was so big he couldn't refuse it, he signed up. Predictably, it was a turkey.

Edited by Max Wall

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Just finished The Staircase. Two episodes in I didn’t expect to be saying this but he looks innocent to me. Great series.

If you’re interested in the case more generally I recommend the “Beyond Reasonable Doubt” podcast.

I came away from The Staircase 50/50 as to whether he did it but nowhere near enough to have convicted him. Having heard the podcast I think I would have convicted.

Edited by ttfn

16 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Just finished The Staircase. Two episodes in I didn’t expect to be saying this but he looks innocent to me. Great series.

9 minutes ago, ttfn said:

If you’re interested in the case more generally I recommend the “Beyond Reasonable Doubt” podcast.

I came away from The Staircase 50/50 as to whether he did it but nowhere near enough to have convicted him. Having heard the podcast I think I would have convicted.

The owl did it. 

14 hours ago, Max Wall said:

I really enjoyed Lost and watched it until the last series. I have no idea why but I have never watched that last series and actually have no desire to. Strange.

10 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Lost was most definitely a pointless load of rubbish. Not sure why I enjoyed it for so long.

Never heard of The Leftovers. I'd wager your choice of shows is pretty good so I'll give it a try.

9 hours ago, deejdeej said:

I totally get the the criticisms and I’m with you on most of them. But every now and again a show comes around that feels like all it’s twists and turns are written for your tastes sensibilities and absolutely everything blew me away while watching it. I was totally hooked. Even though looking back it got daft I still had a great experience watching at the time. Loved every second of it personally. 

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I thought Lost was a pointless load of rubbish but I did hugely enjoy The Leftovers from the same creators. One of my favourite TV shows over the last few years but it got very, very little traction. 

I’ll check it out!

41 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Yeah I’ve heard of the podcast but didn’t want to listen before watching the program.

Why the difference? If he did do it he would have to be incredibly clever but I think he falls into that bracket.