Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 02/01/2019 at 15:18, egg_fried_rice said:

Started watching Escape from Dannemora, new prison break drama on Sky Atlantic. Only two episodes in but enjoying it so far - a much more serious take on the genre than the enjoyable codswallop that was Prison Break. Three great actors in the lead roles too.

Really enjoying this.

I see there is a new Alan Partridge series coming on....

https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/this-time-with-alan-partridge-steve-coogan-new-series-when-bbc/?fbclid=IwAR3ZnXa8ibpSoQ65eTIE_7dnsERx8jKnBQj676Hx1Uzjo78M_17D739C5Ho

Obviously not all of his output has been great since the first Series of I'm Alan Partridge, in fact a lot of it has been nowwhere near but still every time I see his face I get that pang of excitement that he might just pull it out of the bag again.  X

20 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I see there is a new Alan Partridge series coming on....

https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/this-time-with-alan-partridge-steve-coogan-new-series-when-bbc/?fbclid=IwAR3ZnXa8ibpSoQ65eTIE_7dnsERx8jKnBQj676Hx1Uzjo78M_17D739C5Ho

Obviously not all of his output has been great since the first Series of I'm Alan Partridge, in fact a lot of it has been nowwhere near but still every time I see his face I get that pang of excitement that he might just pull it out of the bag again.  X

Jurassic Park.

• Haha 1

On Partridge, I think Mid Morning Matters is among some of the best stuff the character has ever done. Scissored Isle was great too.

His reinvention as a 'woke' wanna-be has given him so much more mileage. He's just desperate to be loved. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out in the One Show rip-off format. Can't wait!

Having just finished watching the original Office and Xmas specials (for the umpteenth time), I now find myself watching 'The Thick of It' again (which is still brilliant and Malcolm Tucker is one of the all time great characters).

There's hundreds of new programmes that I could watch on Netflix/Amazon, but for some reason I always go back and watch the same old stuff again.

A bit sad really.

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

On another note, now that Titans has landed on Netflix, is this worth my time?

I'm 6 episodes deep atm. Honestly, it's fun, but the whole storyline just seems a little tedious. If you don't have anything else pressing to watch then it's definitely watchable if you're in to the whole comic scene. 

Personally loved Robin's first fight scene and the first episode is worth watching just for that imo. 

• Like 1

On 12/01/2019 at 12:20, Izzy said:

There's hundreds of new programmes that I could watch on Netflix/Amazon, but for some reason I always go back and watch the same old stuff again.

A bit sad really.

I'm exactly the same. There's so many different shows but most of them I can't get in to. If a new series is described as 'edgy' or 'slick' I won't even give it a watch because to me that means crap storyline. I've probably missed a few things that are ok but I can live with that ?

Edited by Soup
  • Like 1