Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

It can't be far off, we'll surely sew the blue meth arrive shortly.

Agree as well on the last point, last series of Breaking Bad blew me away but at the same point in time BCS is better. 

I think my wife summed it up best when she said that BCS doesn't have as many annoying characters; Skylar, Walt Jr., Marie, etc. **** me they used to do my head in.

BCS has better overall pacing and some really clever concepts in terms of the way it tells the story.

Saw penultimate episode of new Bojack season last night and wow, so harsh. Had me properly choked up. 

He hits rock-bottom at the end of most seasons but I really feel for him this time around. He doesn't make things easy for himself though.

I think this season has been absolutely incredible in terms of the way that each episode has used a totally different method of delivery. 

IMO it's the most honest, funny and intelligent thing to air on TV in my lifetime.

I doubt many people could watch Bojack and not relate to a character or story-line and really feel something from it. So good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I always get them two mixed up. 

Not sure how. If you confuse Bradley Walsh with anyone, surely it's Lois Walsh?

Dr Who was a bit naff, but first doctor/companion intro episodes usually are: they're still on generic "bit weird aren't they" opening episodes that ended up with Matt Smith dipping fish fingers in custard and Capaldi playing guitar while riding a tank; and writing an interesting villain gets shelved in favour of establishing the companions. 

Opening scene to the BCS finale got me in the feels 

There it is, the crashing reminder that Jimmy is actually a horrible human being, easy to forget that he is. Thematically the whole episode is sobering, Mike and Jimmy are characters we're hugely sympathetic to but actually they're criminals and they cant be redeeming all of the time.[/spolier]

Edited by Stadt

20 hours ago, Uranyl Yellow said:

This Country follow up was quality

Mum, there's no 'oles in me crumpets...

Three times I laughed out loud.

Bald nonce lol

Hasn't laughed since he bombed Dresden lol

Kurtan when he sees the portrait in court lol

15 hours ago, MattP said:

Three times I laughed out loud.

Bald nonce lol

Hasn't laughed since he bombed Dresden lol

Kurtan when he sees the portrait in court lol

Yeh, the court portrait skit has been done quite a few times in various guises, but it was done well and was genuinely very funny. I must re-watch series one sometime - as I remember you could never really tell what Kerry's Mum was shouting, but it has now become completely understandable. Or maybe I've just grown accustomed to the shouty gibberish and can translate it.

On 08/10/2018 at 18:13, lifted*fox said:

Saw penultimate episode of new Bojack season last night and wow, so harsh. Had me properly choked up. 

He hits rock-bottom at the end of most seasons but I really feel for him this time around. He doesn't make things easy for himself though.

I think this season has been absolutely incredible in terms of the way that each episode has used a totally different method of delivery. 

IMO it's the most honest, funny and intelligent thing to air on TV in my lifetime.

I doubt many people could watch Bojack and not relate to a character or story-line and really feel something from it. So good. 

Unfortunate choice of words. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Second episode of the latest iteration of DrWho was pretty decent and the show has the old classic vibe though obviously money has been spent on it, wonder where the location of this episode was?

Bolox ...   not a dalek in sight ...

46 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Second episode of the latest iteration of DrWho was pretty decent and the show has the old classic vibe though obviously money has been spent on it, wonder where the location of this episode was?

South Africa.

2 hours ago, ithuriel said:

It's such a refreshing change from having to put up with Moffat week in week out and his never-ending attempts at supposed clever writing and ridiculous story arcs.

It's back to basics, it's old school, what the heck, they've even managed to pull off the theme tune right. 

Even Bradley Walsh is decent.

I'm enjoying it, I like the widescreen and Jodie is doing a great job imo.  Let's just keep fingers crossed the stories don't let her down like they did with Smith's final season and all of Capaldi's.

• Like 1