Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Agreed again lol it was terrible and something I was looking forward to, I don’t like Jimmy Carr and thought his comment early on regarding Will’s mum very poor, I wanted to hear more from the 4 stars themselves, not daft quizzes and all the other rubbish they padded out the 2 hours with.

42 minutes ago, MattP said:

It was awful wasn't it, Jimmy Carr is about 50 and he's making toilet humour jokes to a woman around the same age on national TV. Cringeworthy and not in the good way. Made him look like a pervert. Seemed to think the show was about him as well.

Can see why there was such a bad reaction to it. The first parts weren't too bad where most of the attention was on the 4 main members and the bit where they went back to school in the Fiat but after that, it all felt so forced. The 4 main guys may as well not have been there as there was barely any interaction or conversation with them from that point.

I love Jimmy Carr and don't think he was to blame, though, for how the show progressed. A lot of fingers probably need pointing to the makers of the show. 

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

I don't watch much TV but I really enjoyed the Bros reunion documentary on BBC i-player. 

Stumbled across this while flicking through the channels the other night. Quite moving in parts and unintentionally hilarious in others. Thought I was watching a Spinal Tap-esque spoof documentary at times, especially when they had a blazing row in the This Morning green room (so rock 'n' roll  lol :punk: ).

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Izzy said:

I don't watch much TV but I really enjoyed the Bros reunion documentary on BBC i-player. 

One of the funniest things I have ever seen. Proper David Brent moments. Anyone who likes the office needs to watch this it’s brilliant. 

• Like 4

Two episodes into Bodyguard now.  

Since Line of Duty (and Game of Thrones) are the best TV shows in existence, I would have thought the media craze surrounding Bodyguard would have meant I was in for another treat.  Don't get me wrong, it's good, but it's not as good as Line of Duty (which is back in April - woohoo!).

I'll continue to watch the rest but it's not as tense, edge of your seat stuff like LoD.

For some unknown reason I had the urge to watch the first season of the Office again yesterday evening.

Ended up watching all 6 episodes until the early hours. Still one of the funniest TV programmes ever. Season 2 tonight :yesyes:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

I don’t know how to add spoilers, go into twitter and search for Luther, it’s the first post with loads 100s of retweets.

Interesting.

I don't think he's properly cuffed either, hence the coat covering it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’ve just rewatched the last Luther and someone on twitter has an interesting theory.

I'm going to watch the final one later this evening.

Really enjoyed the first 2 series but thought series 3 was poor. I haven't been impressed that much with season 4 so far (though it's better than 3). The more interesting story - of the killer and his wife has been shunted into an aside and the focus story has been illogical and uninteresting. The Alice character has changed and her acting is poor, the gangster character is pathetic. I'm hoping that the final episode tonight (last night for you) will be a stunner and then he can make a decent film and ditch the series once and for all.

also started watching Bodyguard - first episode was a bit meh, Black Earth Rising - first episode was interesting but terribly slow, the informer, I liked the Asian lad's performance in the first episode. Not yet sure any of the three will hold me to the end.

Finished Ozark season 2. Not as good as the first. Too much thrown in but somehow still pretty slwo until the last episode. Disappointed.

10 minutes ago, FIF said:

I'm going to watch the final one later this evening.

Really enjoyed the first 2 series but thought series 3 was poor. I haven't been impressed that much with season 4 so far (though it's better than 3). The more interesting story - of the killer and his wife has been shunted into an aside and the focus story has been illogical and uninteresting. The Alice character has changed and her acting is poor, the gangster character is pathetic. I'm hoping that the final episode tonight (last night for you) will be a stunner and then he can make a decent film and ditch the series once and for all.

also started watching Bodyguard - first episode was a bit meh, Black Earth Rising - first episode was interesting but terribly slow, the informer, I liked the Asian lad's performance in the first episode. Not yet sure any of the three will hold me to the end.

Finished Ozark season 2. Not as good as the first. Too much thrown in but somehow still pretty slwo until the last episode. Disappointed.

So in short, you ****ing hate everything lol 

Episode 3 of this season of Luther was absolutely superb and seemed to set up a great finale. Unfortunately the finale was a bit underwhelming and felt rushed. They probably could have done with another episode to tie everything up. Probably 1 of the best killers they’ve ever had this season though, shame that was a sub plot.