Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

Have they done this by the book or expanded and extended it? 

I've not read the book but some of the things I've read in the papers in the past makes me think it's not all that similar.

Just finished Killing Eve.  One of the best BC dramas I have seen for a long time.  Bodyguard was fun but pretty much fluff.  Killing Eve was amazing in my opinion.  The performance form Jodie Comer was incredible.  Nice to see more genuinely interesting female roles starting to surface.  X

• Like 2

On 03/10/2018 at 15:22, FIF said:

I think you'll be disappointed.

I found it really dated and stopped watching pretty quickly.

I felt the same.  LOVED X Files when it first aired but couldn't even get through the first series on a rewatch.  I still love it as much as ever, I just want it to remain in my memory rather than the present.  X

On 30/09/2018 at 21:24, MC Prussian said:

Really intrigued by the concept of Maniac.

Watched the first episode today and there's something about it. Definitely recommendable if you're on the lookout for a different kind of TV series experience.

Watched the whole thing in a chocolate fuelled three day binge in me y-fronts.  Loved it, really amazing show.

10 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Tonight's Doctor Who.  Decent. 

That's more like it.  Cherrio Moffat.

More of the same next week please.  And the old school theme tune, loved it.  :thumbup:

Giving it a chance, seems decent enough though half expected Sean Bean to show up with whippet and flat cap

• Like 1

With regards to Dr Who, I thought it was OK.  Not really a fan and do not watch it religiously but catch the odd one and seemed as good as it usually is.  I thought that Jodie Whittaker was really good, she's a great actor.  It's a pretty good kid's show and seems no better/worse than it normally is.  X

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Loved Doctor Who personally. Jodie was great and will grow into the role as the series goes on. She IS the Doctor. Bradley Cooper was surprisingly good, as were the two new young'uns. Felt refreshed.

Bradley Walsh. Definitely wasn't Bradley Cooper lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest MattP
On 04/10/2018 at 22:17, RumbleFox said:

Just finished Killing Eve.  One of the best BC dramas I have seen for a long time.  Bodyguard was fun but pretty much fluff.  Killing Eve was amazing in my opinion.  The performance form Jodie Comer was incredible.  Nice to see more genuinely interesting female roles starting to surface.  X

I watched the whole lot in a day, both her and Eve were memorising characters for such different reasons. It was a bit far fetched at times but absolutely gripping.

Looking forward to the Better Call Saul finale tomorrow, so much to wrap up in what I imagine will be an extended episode.

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

I loved Karl Pilkington but I think he's done it to death now. I'll keep at it, but the first episode of Sick Of It was rubbish.

second is slightly better 3rd is slightly worse, tend to agree needs to drop it and try something different.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Looking forward to the Better Call Saul finale tomorrow, so much to wrap up in what I imagine will be an extended episode.

Shame that it doesn't seem to have gained any traction, the writing is so good

2 hours ago, MattP said:

BCS has been picked up for a fifth season so not sure why it'd end with an extended ep as none of the previous seasons have deviated from the 54-56 minute run-time, IIRC.

we'll see the final transformation from Jimmy to Saul this ep. will be interesting to see where it goes in S5 because the timeline is almost going to adjacent to Breaking Bad from that point onwards. 

Guest MattP
26 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

BCS has been picked up for a fifth season so not sure why it'd end with an extended ep as none of the previous seasons have deviated from the 54-56 minute run-time, IIRC.

we'll see the final transformation from Jimmy to Saul this ep. will be interesting to see where it goes in S5 because the timeline is almost going to adjacent to Breaking Bad from that point onwards. 

Fair enough, I just thought they had a lot to clear up this time.

I think they are about at the start of Breaking Bad now aren't they? Domingo just being promoted to the crew so Nacho must live longer than him (unless he makes a sucessful escape)

Can't remember exact detail but Saul arrived in series two and when he got kidnapped says "did Nacho send you" so they can probably extend it for two more seasons. If that's the case next series could see some Saul/Nacho interraction. 

Edit: just watched the scene - he says "Ignacio is the one you want" - surely they will use that for a storyline?

Edited by MattP

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Fair enough, I just thought they had a lot to clear up this time.

I think they are about at the start of Breaking Bad now aren't they? Domingo just being promoted to the crew so Nacho must live longer than him (unless he makes a sucessful escape)

Can't remember exact detail but Saul arrived in series two and when he got kidnapped says "did Nacho send you" so they can probably extend it for two more seasons. If that's the case next series could see some Saul/Nacho interraction. 

I'd love an extended episode but they'll just tie up a few things and leave the rest as always, I guess.

And yeah - I think that technically Breaking Bad is already running alongside in terms of timeline - it just hasn't crossed over into this 'world' yet. I think that Walt is probably already cooking meth at this stage? 

I hope they keep going with it - BCS is better than Breaking Bad imo, and I loved that show too. 

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I'd love an extended episode but they'll just tie up a few things and leave the rest as always, I guess.

And yeah - I think that technically Breaking Bad is already running alongside in terms of timeline - it just hasn't crossed over into this 'world' yet. I think that Walt is probably already cooking meth at this stage? 

I hope they keep going with it - BCS is better than Breaking Bad imo, and I loved that show too. 

It can't be far off, we'll surely see the blue meth arrive shortly.

Agree as well on the last point, last series of Breaking Bad blew me away but at the same point in time BCS is better. 

Edited by MattP