Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Guest MattP
23 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sopranos done. I’m upset and confused. What the **** just happened?

Let it sink in for a while. I hated it at first, love it now.

If you watch the first episode of the final season Tony says to Bobby Bacala something along the lines of "it just goes black" when they talk about death. 

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

Let it sink in for a while. I hated it at first, love it now.

If you watch the first episode of the final season Tony says to Bobby Bacala something along the lines of "it just goes black" when they talk about death. 

Yeah I do like it now. I loved the ending to Breaking Bad because everything was so final but this was the complete opposite.

I went straight on YouTube after and someone has pieced it all together and it makes perfect sense and that quote is the one that tells you what happened.

15 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Didn’t like the ending in the sopranos. Just thought with so many quality episodes that it seemed to be the easy way out. Looking forward to the film coming out. 

In my opinion the show was overrated. It was decent but that's all. It was clear the writer's were running out of steam towards the end and maybe the ending was evidence of that. Of course those who rate it as best 5 will see the real meaning behind it all.

Started watching killing eve after good reviews here. 2 episodes in, it's okay. Eve is pretty good but the killer is so uninteresting and the killings so unrealistic but maybe that's part of the humour. If the next 8 episodes are really about her trying to kill eve it'll be a long 8 episodes. Still I'm backing those of you who bigged it up.

7 minutes ago, FIF said:

In my opinion the show was overrated. It was decent but that's all. It was clear the writer's were running out of steam towards the end and maybe the ending was evidence of that. Of course those who rate it as best 5 will see the real meaning behind it all.

Started watching killing eve after good reviews here. 2 episodes in, it's okay. Eve is pretty good but the killer is so uninteresting and the killings so unrealistic but maybe that's part of the humour. If the next 8 episodes are really about her trying to kill eve it'll be a long 8 episodes. Still I'm backing those of you who bigged it up.

Imo series 5 of the sopranos was the best season. I agree there was some episodes which were poor. Got to start watching killing eve people I’ve spoke to saying how good it is. 

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Season finale of star trek was both brilliant and awful. :huh:

lol

Brilliant - yes, completely agree.  Absolutely outstanding TV and a great end to the overall series arc, bringing everything back together well by the end and in line with canon.  For me the series has been consistently good throughout, it suffered a slight drop for a couple of episodes during the big Red Angel reveal - felt overly long and drawn out in those two episodes.  It's difficult to pick out one great episode but Saru's homeworld, Talos IV and obviously the final episode are all stand outs for me.

The one question I have is this:

How was it possible for all seven red bursts to be seen at the same time when the 6th and particularly the 7th were created by Burnham some time after the others?

Awful - No more Pike or Spock as it stands for now.  The series producers would be absolutely crazy not to do some sort of Enterprise follow up including these two.  We have a Section 31 series in the works alongside the Picard show and a couple of animations.  Drop the animations and sort out a follow up for Pike and Spock.  It's not good that two of the best captains they've had have only done a season each!  Both Lorca and now Pike have been immense.

Let's see what they come up with for series 3.  Clean slate, endless opportunities to go in whatever direction they want to take it.  Should be fun to watch.