Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Love the hound lol 

I finished watching the last episode last night. So it has taken me 2 and a half weeks to watch all of Game of Thrones. I've now gone from knowing nothing to now being able to join in the chat at the pub lol.

I was all set to watch 1 episode a day of season 7 ready for Monday but watching 2 episodes yesterday and 4 the day before put an end to that idea lol.

Cant believe i've got to wait 4 days for Season 8. I'm pulling my hair out. How on earth have people gone almost 2 years since the end of season 7?

It's been a really hard wait. But better to take 2 years and blow the doors off (hopefully) than have it done in 6 months and have it suck nuts. 

Think this could be the greatest season of TV ever. So flipping hyped it's unreal. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

It's been a really hard wait. But better to take 2 years and blow the doors off (hopefully) than have it done in 6 months and have it suck nuts. 

Think this could be the greatest season of TV ever. So flipping hyped it's unreal. 

A hard wait!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like the hard wait for those of us who prefer to read the books. Bloody stupid tv series.

7 minutes ago, FIF said:

A hard wait!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like the hard wait for those of us who prefer to read the books. Bloody stupid tv series.

Meh. I enjoyed the books but tbh they were a bit too hard for me to follow everything going on. Definitely prefer the TV show. I'll stick to simpler fantasy books from salvatore tyvm :D

Just now, Innovindil said:

Meh. I enjoyed the books but tbh they were a bit too hard for me to follow everything going on. Definitely prefer the TV show. I'll stick to simpler fantasy books from salvatore tyvm :D

Try Steven Eriksen's Malazan series. Probably too hard for you to follow but they'll entertain you.

56 minutes ago, FIF said:

Try Steven Eriksen's Malazan series. Probably too hard for you to follow but they'll entertain you.

Is that series good? It seems to have a very good reputation by the way people talk about it on reddit.

I'm not too far off finishing the first book of The kingkiller's Chronicles series. Really love the world building and the way some side characters seem to interact with eachother.

What do you think about those books, FIF. Many seem to love them

Edited by the fox

Taskmaster back May 8th.

The line-up for this series is comedian/Love Island narrator Iain Stirling, Inbetweeners/Fresh Meat star Joe Thomas, comedian/Chase boffin Paul Sinha, comedian Lou Sanders and Car Share star Sian Gibson.

Just finished watching Bodyguard. 

Madden is ridiculously good, I mean he carries the whole thing and makes it worth watching. The whole cast is pretty decent, a really strong group of British talent. 

But the story's just shite. It starts quite brightly until the biggest crime / attack and then just descends in to abject Scrooby Doo farce. Genuinely quite surprised and disappointed it got quite the clamour it did, good PR I suppose ultimately. 

No more than a 7/10.

Watched two episodes of Cheat and it’s surprisingly good ! ...  that bint out of Coronation street is an excellent actress and underrated imo ....  watching the end of it tonight and hope it doesn’t let us down.  Lots of good stuff on at the moment but some get very complicated ...   don’t know how many times I’ve watched the next episode of a series and taken the first ten minutes trying to remember what’s going on !

Asked Mrs CF’s sister if she’d watched it yet ...   watched it ? she said ...   I was in it !!   :)

15 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Just finished watching Bodyguard. 

Madden is ridiculously good, I mean he carries the whole thing and makes it worth watching. The whole cast is pretty decent, a really strong group of British talent. 

But the story's just shite. It starts quite brightly until the biggest crime / attack and then just descends in to abject Scrooby Doo farce. Genuinely quite surprised and disappointed it got quite the clamour it did, good PR I suppose ultimately. 

No more than a 7/10.

I agree. Although I think keeley hawes was better than madden. 

18 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Disappointed don’t want theon to go. Considering what he’s been through. Just hope that it’s wrong. Alfie allen has been brilliant in it. Not on that list but I think sam will go first. 

And Bran will sit on the Iron Throne ...   :thumbup:

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Disappointed don’t want theon to go. Considering what he’s been through. Just hope that it’s wrong. Alfie allen has been brilliant in it. Not on that list but I think sam will go first. 

Why would Sam get killed 1st?

Was recommended black summer on Netflix by a friend who knows I'm a bit of a zombie fan. It's god awful. Honestly don't understand how anyone has enjoyed it. Lazy jump scares, characters with the intelligence of pineapples and huge amounts of time wasted for "tension" that never really deliver. 

What a damn shame. :dry:

Despite my initial hesitation, I've warmed up to Outlander quite a bit.

Rosamunde Pilcher meets the 18th century. Also a bit of a history lesson as you go along. Wonderful scenery.

Impressed by the amount of work they've put in in terms of costumes and trying to encapsule the character of the times. Also, I'm a sucker for time travel stories in the sense that you wonder whether the presence of a visitor from the future changes the past at all.

Rewatching The Office yet again and amongst all the crap Brent spouts the following quote really sums up life....

“You grow up, you work half a century, you get a golden handshake, you rest a couple of years and you're dead. And the only thing that makes that crazy ride worthwhile is 'Did I enjoy it? What did I learn? What was the point?' 

• Like 2