Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 30/03/2019 at 23:33, MC Prussian said:

Started watching "The OA" on Netflix, gone past the first two episodes.

What a chore. Such slow storytelling. And the handheld camera....

Hopefully, it will become better with time. More of this and I'm out.

It's ****ing awful tbh. 

The climax of the first season was quite a good "oh, OK then, that makes sense" moment but it's not worth sitting through the whole season for. 

Absolute load of wank. 

50 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's ****ing awful tbh. 

The climax of the first season was quite a good "oh, OK then, that makes sense" moment but it's not worth sitting through the whole season for. 

Absolute load of wank. 

Yeah, I find the concept interesting and somewhat unique. Great visuals, too.

But the episodes are 60 minutes long, and that's about 15 minutes too many. The story just drags on and on, and as it is, the series does have a bit of a pretentious flair to it.

Big yawn factor.

10 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Yeah, I find the concept interesting and somewhat unique. Great visuals, too.

But the episodes are 60 minutes long, and that's about 15 minutes too many. The story just drags on and on, and as it is, the series does have a bit of a pretentious flair to it.

Big yawn factor.

If you like a good fantasy sort of mystery, there's a German show on Netflix called Dark that was about a thousand times better. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If you like a good fantasy sort of mystery, there's a German show on Netflix called Dark that was about a thousand times better. 

Already through with Dark. :D Quite liked it (for a German TV series), bold choice to go with unknown actors. Paid off well in the end.

Just found the cliffhanger at the very end a bit cheesy, in the sense of the creators - no pun intended - keeping all doors open for the sequel (which will be coming soon).

On 25/03/2019 at 23:02, Costock_Fox said:

24 hours in police custody was absolutely grim tonight. I wonder how much all of this knife crime stuff is just the media latching on to something but it’s horrible to watch.

24 hours in police custody is just 45 minutes of watching someone say no comment. every week. yet also it’s a belter. 

Edited by ScouseFox
  • Like 1

In the line of duty - good first episode.

After Life - expected a lot after reading comments on here - to be honest it's a bit meh! My wife is enjoying it but for me it is the usual sterotype jokes dressed up as observational comedy - let's laugh at the fat guy and the prossie and the druggie with a few funny moments. The "pointed" sensitive and meaningful moments are all a little trite.

Band of Brothers - I never watched this when it was initially on but I've enjoyed the first 2 episodes a lot.

The Rookie - typical low key, non-brain american cop drama

New Amsterdam - only watched first episode - the guy is just too good to be true, not sure whether to continue.

Secret City - holes in the plot but intriguing enough to watch through the first season, a little predictable in the end.

9 minutes ago, FIF said:

Band of Brothers - I never watched this when it was initially on but I've enjoyed the first 2 episodes a lot.

One of my favourites. If you enjoyed the first 2 episodes then hold on to your hat. The rest is amazing too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

One of my favourites. If you enjoyed the first 2 episodes then hold on to your hat. The rest is amazing too. 

It pisses on Saving Private Ryan.  The fact that it's a true story helps, I guess.

I also enjoyed it more than The Pacific, which is still really good but something of an endurance test because of the events being depicted (which are relentlessly horrible)

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

It pisses on Saving Private Ryan.  The fact that it's a true story helps, I guess.

I also enjoyed it more than The Pacific, which is still really good but something of an endurance test because of the events being depicted (which are relentlessly horrible)

Yeah the Pacific gets shat on a lot because people compare it to Band of Brothers. I thought it was brutal and great, I need to rewatch. 

23 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Watched the second series of White Gold. Really enjoyed both series. Easy to watch with some really funny moments and like the 80's soundtrack

Literally just come in here to say the same, I think the second was better than the first, but both really funny. 

I dont think there’s been a character as good as Walshy in anything in ages. 

22 minutes ago, Manini said:

Literally just come in here to say the same, I think the second was better than the first, but both really funny. 

I dont think there’s been a character as good as Walshy in anything in ages. 

The prank call they did to Walshy had me in tears. 'Do you only do w-windows or do you do d-doors you d-daft w-w@nker' lol

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The prank call they did to Walshy had me in tears. 'Do you only do w-windows or do you do d-doors you d-daft w-w@nker' lol

“Well I’m ****ing sacking someone today...Carol, you’re off” 

On 31/03/2019 at 21:01, Costock_Fox said:

Race across the world on BBC2 has been one of the best things on TV. Made even better by one of the couples stopping at a Cambodian Elephant sanctuary that I stayed in last year.

Started watching this after seeing your post. Two episodes in and loving it, thanks.

8 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Just watched after life. Masterpiece of dark comedy

Really. It has had such good reviews on here that I watched it and found it rather trite with some funny moments in each episode. Perhaps it's targetted at a different audience than me. Certainly aimed at those who think saying certain offensive words on a TV programme which never used to be allowed in public is funny and cutting edge. I wonder how many people actually use that sort of language with their mothers or grandmothers - maybe it is the mothers and I'm just waaaay out of touch. 

I accept that most people think this wasa great series, just not for me.