Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Years and years? Where can I watch this?

iPlayer and BBC1 Tuesdays nights at 9.

Also, just watched Stephen Graham's new Virtues - top class acting, grim watch though. 

Edited by SecretPro

On 15/05/2019 at 12:21, urban.spaceman said:

The whole Twitter outrage culture, here dominated by twisted fandom and sometimes weird fans' expectations, could also be subject of another BM episode in itself, shades of the "Perfect Blue" anime and whatnot.

• Like 2

On 15/05/2019 at 21:51, Heathrow fox said:

The 2nd episode of Chernobyl was excellent.Im expecting a bit more from the human side next week.Should imagine there will be some harrowing scenes from hospital no 6 ?

Yup :(

Those miners though lol

29 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Yup :(

Those miners though lol

They look like Griezmann on a team night out.

Edit: I think I’m at the bit you mean and I’m not sure he goes to nights out like that lol 

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Haha 1

As much as I enjoyed Band of Bothers and recommend it for entertainment I think the old (early 70's) World at War is a much better series. It removes a lot of the romanticism that appears in BoB and shows all sides in a more true light. To watch and hear Americans thinking that the Japanese were sub human (before fighting them) like the Germans thought the Poles, Slavs, Romanys and of course the Jews were sub human is enlightening. Watching the Americans bombard the japanese islands and use flame throwers on the defenders, watching the Germans decimate the Poles, seeing the "survivors" of the death camps and the piles of glasses and shoes, the actual killing of combatants and non-combatants is truly humbling. 

People have already forgotten even though these actions have been reproduced in Yugoslavia, the middle east and Africa during the last 20 years. Let's get all nationalistic again, disband the EU, ignore the UN and segregate all people even over the smallest of differencies.

52 minutes ago, FIF said:

As much as I enjoyed Band of Bothers and recommend it for entertainment I think the old (early 70's) World at War is a much better series. It removes a lot of the romanticism that appears in BoB and shows all sides in a more true light. To watch and hear Americans thinking that the Japanese were sub human (before fighting them) like the Germans thought the Poles, Slavs, Romanys and of course the Jews were sub human is enlightening. Watching the Americans bombard the japanese islands and use flame throwers on the defenders, watching the Germans decimate the Poles, seeing the "survivors" of the death camps and the piles of glasses and shoes, the actual killing of combatants and non-combatants is truly humbling. 

People have already forgotten even though these actions have been reproduced in Yugoslavia, the middle east and Africa during the last 20 years. Let's get all nationalistic again, disband the EU, ignore the UN and segregate all people even over the smallest of differencies.

I love any war documentary, currently watching The American Civil War on Netflix, Ken Burns did some fantastic documentaries and I thought his latest Vietnam War documentary was truly amazing, he also did WW2 and The West. Great watch if you like that sort of thing.

The World at War is brilliant, factual and doesn’t glamorise the War at all, real life accounts by those who lived and survived it.

8 hours ago, FIF said:

Band of Brothers is a damned fine series but World at War is more like a 26 piece televised encyclopedia of events actually told from the points of view of survivors from all sides and will probably never be matched, if you enjoyed Band of Brothers though, The Pacific is a similar series and tells the story of a group of men who volunteered to fight the Japanese mostly in the US Marine corps, from Guadalcanal to Iwo Jima.

17 minutes ago, Manini said:

Came in to see if Chernobyl is worth a go...that’s that answered. 

Its overtaken Blue Planet as the No 1 rated TV series on IMDB 

I've just downloa...erm gonna catch it in sky catch up thing. Looking forward to it, No1 rated on IMDb, must be amazing.

On 14/05/2019 at 23:37, SecretPro said:

If you didn't watch Episode 1 of Years and Years tonight then get it on catch up now...ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL TELEVISION.

(PS, I almost didn't watch it because the adverts looked shit, so glad I gave it a chance)

Christ I read this post and put it on with some expectation, what a load of shit. Didn’t even make it to the end of the episode, in the bin!

13 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Christ I read this post and put it on with some expectation, what a load of shit. Didn’t even make it to the end of the episode, in the bin!

If you didn't make it to the end, or the last 5 minutes, then you've missed the whole point. I can see flaws in it, but I can also see that it is EXACTLY as things could go in the next 10 years. 

• Like 1