Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

13 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

The Martin Brennan sketch on the new Alan Partidge show is glorious.

Calls for a marathon of The Day Today, KMKY, I'm Alan Partridge some day soon.

Steve Coogan has to be up there as one of the greats of British Comedy.

Watched it last night. I've enjoyed the whole series so far but that was off the scale. 

The CPR bit was unbelievable

On 19/03/2019 at 10:15, The Bear said:

I tried episode one of Fleabag but it's not for me. Too similar to Peep Show which I can't get on with either. Plus she's not very likeable. Having a right nasty go at the poor lad in Ep1 just because he had to get up early for work and didn't want to go back to hers. 

14 hours ago, The Bear said:

I hadn't realised Phoebe Waller-Bridge wrote Killing Eve, which I like. So I'll let her off for that. 

I’d strongly urge you to give it another go. Fleabag’s characters are just as complex and well written as Killing Eve. You might have to “power through” a couple of episodes to understand it, but it’s worth it. 

20 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I'm a bit of a DC /Marvel superhero addict and watch most (if not all the shows.) Struggling with the latest season of Arrow but loving The Flash. Before this season Arrow was always my fave but not enjoying the current back story at all. 

Surely you've got them mixed around. How is Flash not doing your coconut in? 

Fight bad guy, get ass kicked, fight him again, get ass kicked mutter "he's too powerful we can't beat him" fight him again get ass kicked. "we've finally found a way to beat him, but it involves you telling him he's a good boy and giving him a hug". Gaaaaaah. 

Add to that a combination of time travel bad, don't do time travel, it's okay if it's my future daughter though. And add frenchie Wells and it's :frusty: time. 

3 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Surely you've got them mixed around. How is Flash not doing your coconut in? 

Fight bad guy, get ass kicked, fight him again, get ass kicked mutter "he's too powerful we can't beat him" fight him again get ass kicked. "we've finally found a way to beat him, but it involves you telling him he's a good boy and giving him a hug". Gaaaaaah. 

Add to that a combination of time travel bad, don't do time travel, it's okay if it's my future daughter though. And add frenchie Wells and it's :frusty: time. 

Lol.. i do have to admit i really dislike the French Wells. But im just not liking the Arrow atm, its the whole back story with William and his Sister and everybody in the future. And whats with Rene with hair, he looks ridiculous. 

Must admit upto this season it has always been the other way round, maybe it picks up - we shall see 

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

I’d strongly urge you to give it another go. Fleabag’s characters are just as complex and well written as Killing Eve. You might have to “power through” a couple of episodes to understand it, but it’s worth it. 

Bang on. To not do so would be to miss out

Guest MattP
18 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

The Martin Brennan sketch on the new Alan Partidge show is glorious.

Calls for a marathon of The Day Today, KMKY, I'm Alan Partridge some day soon.

Steve Coogan has to be up there as one of the greats of British Comedy.

That few minutes with Brennan was up there with the funnies things I've seen on TV for years. 

I was almost in tears when they starting belting out the IRA songs lol

12 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

It's done me again!

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

That few minutes with Brennan was up there with the funnies things I've seen on TV for years. 

I was almost in tears when they starting belting out the IRA songs lol

It was quality. Was it only me that took too long to realise it was Steve Coogan?

Guest MattP
5 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

It's done me again!

It was quality. Was it only me that took too long to realise it was Steve Coogan?

Not going to lie - I had to google it as I couldn't tell for sure, he played the part brilliantly.

49 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I've tried and given it so many chances but Alan Partridge in any format just does not make me laugh. 

Dont worry, think you can get a Mrs Browns Boys boxset for about 20p on Amazon.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Not going to lie - I had to google it as I couldn't tell for sure, he played the part brilliantly.

Steve Coogan spent most of his childhood visiting Mayo which is close to Sligo. His mother is from there.

If anyone can nail an Irish accent perfectly it's him. He had the Sligo one perfectly.

A few Unionists don't seem to get the funny side of it mind.

Guest MattP
12 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Steve Coogan spent most of his childhood visiting Mayo which is close to Sligo. His mother is from there.

If anyone can nail an Irish accent perfectly it's him. He had the Sligo one perfectly.

A few Unionists don't seem to get the funny side of it mind.

Haha I didn't know that.

I've not met anyone who didn't find it funny, almost like good old days where someone cracked a joke, no one took offence and we all had a laugh and got on with it.

Edited by MattP

On 15/03/2019 at 22:56, Legend_in_blue said:

Went onto Netflix for my weekly Discovery fix and ended up watching episode 1 of Love Death and Robots.

I have absolutely no idea where to begin  with that lol

Never seen anything like it but I'll stick with it for now.

Btw episode 9 of Discovery was superb.  Another excellent episode directed by Frakes.  

I've watched a few of them out of order and some of the twist endings are great and make the previous 10/15 minutes feel much more worth it (for instance the one with the 3 robots on vacation was a bit meh until the end).

So I have finally started watching Game of Thrones. Never been bothered about watching it but pressure from practically everyone I know have made me crumble lol.

Took me about 30 hours to get through season 1. Seeing as I have 2 kids that's not bad going lol. Currently on episode 3 of season 2 so looking forward to things happening. Joffrey is a right little c*** lol